Whose food is better?

bridedoll1026

Princess is way better. Look, last summer, we did a CCL cruise, then a RCL cruise. RCL food was low quality slop, it had nothing to do with "chef". RCL starts out with poorer quality food and they do a few things to try to cover up the fact that they spend less on food than other cruise lines. For example, if you get a filet mignon on CCL, it was a good size chunk of meat, about 3/4" thick, there you go!

On rcl for filte, the filet was about the thickness of a pencil. They give you two pieces that cover the plate so it looks big, but then the thiness when you cut it betrays them.

Shrimp? Other lines will give you jumbo shrimp. On RCL, they gave us scampi that consisted of five pinky sized shrimp butterfly cut to make them bigger, along with a stylish dollop of rice in the middle to fill up the plate (and your stomach- cheap starch). i could give more examples but you should get the idea. My family of four (we have two teenage girls) think princess has the best food, CCL has good food and RCL has fair to bad food. Food isn't subjective when you can bring up examples like what I did.

There are lots of other examples. For example, princess has a night with king crab. You'll never see that on a RCL ship! That crab goes well with the princess fettucini. Even the buffet is better. You'll often find things up there that RCL is too cheap to ever offer in their buffet. The only time I saw beef carved in the buffet on my last RCL was a stringy, grisly cut of roast beef. On Princess, there were two times where they had prime rib up there. Again, in the world of meat a good cut of prime rib trumps a grily old roast.

Deserts? Princess usally offer a lot of the good stuff, like souffles (yum!) On our last cruise, the maitre'd was nearby, cooking up bananas foster and cherries jubilee (hmmm!). RCL? Don't think so. You will gain some weight with Princess.

Princess is way better. Look, last summer, we did a CCL cruise, then a RCL cruise. RCL food was low quality slop, it had nothing to do with "chef". RCL starts out with poorer quality food and they do a few things to try to cover up the fact that they spend less on food than other cruise lines. For example, if you get a filet mignon on CCL, it was a good size chunk of meat, about 3/4" thick, there you go!

On rcl for filte, the filet was about the thickness of a pencil. They give you two pieces that cover the plate so it looks big, but then the thiness when you cut it betrays them.

Shrimp? Other lines will give you jumbo shrimp. On RCL, they gave us scampi that consisted of five pinky sized shrimp butterfly cut to make them bigger, along with a stylish dollop of rice in the middle to fill up the plate (and your stomach- cheap starch). i could give more examples but you should get the idea. My family of four (we have two teenage girls) think princess has the best food, CCL has good food and RCL has fair to bad food. Food isn't subjective when you can bring up examples like what I did.

There are lots of other examples. For example, princess has a night with king crab. You'll never see that on a RCL ship! That crab goes well with the princess fettucini. Even the buffet is better. You'll often find things up there that RCL is too cheap to ever offer in their buffet. The only time I saw beef carved in the buffet on my last RCL was a stringy, grisly cut of roast beef. On Princess, there were two times where they had prime rib up there. Again, in the world of meat a good cut of prime rib trumps a grily old roast.

Deserts? Princess usally offer a lot of the good stuff, like souffles (yum!) On our last cruise, the maitre'd was nearby, cooking up bananas foster and cherries jubilee (hmmm!). RCL? Don't think so. You will gain some weight with Princess.

I'm sorry, but I stand by what I said.

King crab? Just had it on the Sapphire in November. It's snow crab at its best.

Was on RCI in September and the food was wonderful. I've had good and bad on both lines. You just never know. It depends on who is in the kitchen.

By the way.........I'm platinum on both lines.

Food is very subjective: what one person loves, another will go, "Ewww!"

Overall, I think Princess food is better for a couple of reasons: there are several dishes on the "Always available" side of the menu that I think are terrific (such as the fettucini Alfredo and the beef tenderloin); there are more items to choose from, from appetizer to soup to entree, so that one has more options; and, the buffet is open 24/7 so that you always have the option of going there to get something, even if you've just come from dinner. :)

Personally its Princess for me. We were on the AOS last May and while I loved the ship the food was not as good as Princess fares, esp. what was served at the lunch buffets. Its Ok but lacked variety. Dinners were pretty close I think and Portofinos was well worth the surcharge. :)

I'm sorry, but I stand by what I said.

King crab? Just had it on the Sapphire in November. It's snow crab at its best.

Was on RCI in September and the food was wonderful. I've had good and bad on both lines. You just never know. It depends on who is in the kitchen.

By the way.........I'm platinum on both lines.

It was King on the Dawn last january. Btw, how was the crab on RCL? Oh I forgot, they don't serve it!

Archived