Any news on RCI's future in Australia?

S&D

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is an news about - on the future of the Rhapsody or other ships here in Australia in 2009 to 2010?

Apparently there is an announcement coming from RC this week regarding this, we hope the Rhapsody may stay here more permanently, now that the Millenium has been pulled by Celebrity for 2010.

OR....

Maybe we will be getting another RC ship here?.. maybe the Rhapsody is returning home to the USA?..we are waiting to see what happens this week.

The Rhapsody has been a very popular ship here, some lovely reviews!!:):)

S&D

I would love to hop on for a circle OZ route...doubt I will have enough time to do that any time soon, so next best will be me, DW, and DD coming down for a 2 week OZ/Kiwi visit.

I could easily spend 3 months down in OZ...I'd like to go back to Perth for a week or two once again, and could spend a week in Cairns as well. Haven't been to Tzamania or ACT yet, been to all other states and territories there. Always have fun down under and on RCCL cruises so figure it would be an awesome combo...:)

Hi,

it was an article on Seatrade Insider, regarding an announcement on the Royal Caribbean future in Australia, a friend had seen it on there, so we also checked it out, and yes, it is Tuesday next week according to the cruise community news page.

S&D

drink16.jpg.310b3b4c1e4aeefae1a8eb83c9f5eb57.jpg

I just checked availability on our cruise 10/17/09, and there aren't a large number of cabins available. Either there's a lot of holds from TAs, or this is a popular cruise. I'm seeing similar availability on the repositioning cruise before this one, too.

So, if these two have solid bookings now, which is 11 months in advance, I'm hoping they don't cancel them.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is an news about - on the future of the Rhapsody or other ships here in Australia in 2009 to 2010?

Apparently there is an announcement coming from RC this week regarding this, we hope the Rhapsody may stay here more permanently, now that the Millenium has been pulled by Celebrity for 2010.

OR....

Maybe we will be getting another RC ship here?.. maybe the Rhapsody is returning home to the USA?..we are waiting to see what happens this week.

The Rhapsody has been a very popular ship here, some lovely reviews!!:):)

S&D

I would bet that RCI is more likely to pull Rhapsody out of the AU/NZ market. Prices for the 2009 cruises have cratered and airfare is under $1000 per person.

:eek::eek::eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we are booked on a b2b 10 day barrier reef & then 16 day Sydney to Honolulu in 2010!!! I am going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry if they pull out of Australia. I will be watching to see what the announcement is on Tuesday. Post on our roll call ok?

Hi Brenda , Peggy, and mjsshipboy...

Yes, we were thinking the same, maybe the ship or ships...will be staying here more permanently..cruising is sooooo popular here now - with all us baby boomers downunder...

Love it !!!

S&D

111_o2.gif.d5d6fd98a791db1bd693c81d4c0c2523.gif

Archived