Remember me? I'm all better now...thanks

remydiva

:) Remember when I got back from my 14 day Golden Hawaii cruise and I thought I was 'all cruised out'???

Many of you sympathized with my lament and I'm pleased to tell you all that I'M ALL BETTER NOW!!!!

HOW??? Well, I just booked a river cruise in Europe for April 09 and I'm so excited. I've done one before but not this exact one so am looking forward to the smaller crowds, 'free' wine at meals and 'free' shore excursions. PLUS there are bicycles on board that are free to use as well as daily walking tours included so it all sounds great.

Meanwhile, I still have a FCC to use another day....

I must confess that as someone who hasn't yet gone on their first cruise (C'mon February!), I really couldn't relate to your dilemna. But I'm glad to read that you're over it and back "onboard".

Enjoy your river cruise.

HOW??? Well, I just booked a river cruise in Europe for April 09 and I'm so excited. I've done one before but not this exact one so am looking forward to the smaller crowds, 'free' wine at meals and 'free' shore excursions. PLUS there are bicycles on board that are free to use as well as daily walking tours included so it all sounds great.quote]

remydiva,

I've been thinking of a European river curise as well, but haven't started doing research, and have NO who we are going to book with.

Can you tell me which cruise line you decided on and any of the determining factors over the others?

Croptop: Congratulations! Soon you'll be "hooked"....I swear, I'll be working till the day I die so that I can book cruises!

Remy: I don't remember why you lost your senses but all it takes is a cruise to get you back into the groove!

We tried to stop crusing and started taking land vacations then took another cruise and "WHAM", we're hooked again, there's just nothing like it! IMHO! :p

I've been thinking of a European river curise as well, but haven't started doing research, and have NO who we are going to book with.

Can you tell me which cruise line you decided on and any of the determining factors over the others?

Back in the mid 70's I did a KD Line Rhine River cruise from Rotterdam to Basel, Switzerland, as part of a 30 day land tour of Europe. KD Line is now Viking. It was great, but it was before I did a regular cruise. The best part about it for me was the constant scenery all day long. The itinery was great(five different countries)food and wine selections were fantastic. This was done in late April and the weather was perfect. Not too cold, not too warm.

I recommend a river cruise anytime. Even though this was a long time ago I still have great memories, and I did it as a single. Would've been even better with DW, but I didn't know her then.:)

We saw a lot of river cruises in Koblenz, where the Rhine meets the Mosel. Is sthat one of your ports?

If your question was directed to me, I'd have to get the books out to be sure:confused:. I specifically remember Cologne, Heidleburg, Rudishiem(sp). I would guess Koblenz was a stop.

We saw a lot of river cruises in Koblenz, where the Rhine meets the Mosel. Is sthat one of your ports?

Okay, you got me to dig out the pictures and Itinerary. And it's a good thing I did. I just don't remember Koblenz:eek:. Maybe it wasn't a stop at that time:confused:.

I just checked the Viking Cruise site and Koblenz is now a stop on both the 8 and 15 day itinerary.I do remember thinking at the time, not much scenery between Rotterdam and Cologne, a lot of flat land.

:) Remember when I got back from my 14 day Golden Hawaii cruise and I thought I was 'all cruised out'???

Many of you sympathized with my lament and I'm pleased to tell you all that I'M ALL BETTER NOW!!!!

HOW??? Well, I just booked a river cruise in Europe for April 09 and I'm so excited. I've done one before but not this exact one so am looking forward to the smaller crowds, 'free' wine at meals and 'free' shore excursions. PLUS there are bicycles on board that are free to use as well as daily walking tours included so it all sounds great.

Meanwhile, I still have a FCC to use another day....

You will love the rivercruise. We did one last June with Amadeus on the Amadagio, 2 weeks, Amsterdam to Budapest. Fabulous!

Archived