locks on balcony doors on voyager

Yes. They are sliding doors which have a lever-type bar that requires a bit of strength to move up and down for locking and unlocking. Of course, nothing takes the place of adequate supervision, and setting rules with the child that he/she is not to go out on the balcony alone, and should never stand on a chair or the table while out on the balcony.

it isn't my kid...i say out but i think his mom would say in! not!! i love him to death! just want to keep him safe during the night when everyone is sleeping!
Assuming it's a cabin with a slider (there are a few with doors), there is a slide type lock, but it's really made to keep people out.

Yes. They are sliding doors which have a lever-type bar that requires a bit of strength to move up and down for locking and unlocking. Of course, nothing takes the place of adequate supervision, and setting rules with the child that he/she is not to go out on the balcony alone, and should never stand on a chair or the table while out on the balcony.
I doubt a seven year old could put it into the closed position, the problem is that they go down a lot easier than they go up.

Lay down the rules with your child before you set out....no ambiguity...what you say, goes! NO being on the balcony without a parent----or they get shipped home. Really--they need to know you mean business, if they don't know that already!

My daughter is in her teens, -- but has been known to sleepwalk. I purchased a bar-type door device that can be used to lean against a regular door handle from the inside so no one can get in from the outside and also can be placed in the track of the slider to prevent it from being opened. I also tried to purchase cabinet alarms that when you disconnet one from the other (like when the door opens) they sound. This was a good idea but they were "self stick" and keept unsticking. Also you could move a chair or suitcases something in front of the balcony, and attach bells to the doors with a suction cup. Better safe than sorry.

Just off the Voyager (Cabin 6256) and it does take some muscle power to open and shut the balcony door. I guess if he hung on it, it could be pulled down from the lock position but it would take some work and you are right next to the door so you would most likely hear anything going on. The front of the balcony was solid about chest high so if he got out, it might be a temptation to climb on a chair or table to see over the railing.

Tucker in Texas

Archived