Post your memorable BARBADOS PICS HERE!

Aplmac

my contributions...

Long Bay beach

img_0523-0.jpg?rev=0

I'm pretty sure that last one(shown right here) is HARRISMITH Beach, not Long Bay.

I can see the ruins of the old Harrismith Great House and its out-buildings..

I think Long Bay would be Sam Lord's Castle beach

I visited Dover Beach (East of Accra/Rockley by about a mile?)

to find it very nice.

Lots of chairs and umbrellas available -and a few Hobie cats on the beach too.

Things were looking lively!

DoverBch-264.jpg

It's a lot like Accra/Rockley, but a bit more sheltered, and thus a bit calmer.

DoverBch-239.jpg

Thanks for the correction. I had thought the driver said Long bay, but maybe I misunderstood. There was a lot to take in on our little tour. What a beautiful island you live on. My fav. stop by far of all the islands. Love the beaches and the rugges coasts and the rolling hills and sugar cane fields and colourful Caribbean homes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

___________ ..along stretches of the East Coast of Barbados

Bathsheba-037.jpg

Looking North towards Pico Teneriffe

Bathsheba-021.jpg

High Rock, Bathsheba.

BigBoulders-023.jpg

These boulders are thought to have prehistorically broken off from the Hackleton's Cliff escarpment above

and rolled down the hill :eek: - that's more than a mile inland,

and about 800 ft. above sea-level!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where would I park to go to this beach? does the Bar Kan'ei have parking?

Bar Kan ei does not have good parking, Just a narrow side street off the main road. Accra has lots of free parking so you just park there walk out on to the beach look to the left (East) and walk about 60 yards and you will be there.

APLMAC:

You are such an amazing resource on Barbados. I have a few questions for you.

What are your thoughts on "The Boatyard"? It looks like a very commercial place, but it has something that I'm looking for - Jet Skis. I don't particularly mind if a beach is crowded because I will be in the water most of the time.

I had thought about spending a day on one of the south shore beaches but I've decided that I want to do the Coast to Coast tour offered by Carnival. The details are here:

On this wonderful excursion you will see:

Bridgetown Harbor, Pelican Village, the Broad Street shopping district, historic Heroes Square and Barbados’ Parliament buildings.

Barbados’ rural areas, historic points of interest and beautiful scenery such as the Emancipation Statue and Gun Hill Signal Station.

The Highland Adventure Centre with it's spectacular views of the East Coast and enjoy a refreshing drink.

The Atlantic Coastline and Bathsheba for spectacular views of the rugged East Coast and Atlantic surf.

Barclay’s Park, rural villages and historic sites.

Holetown, the Gold Coast and finally the Spring Garden Highway.

It's 3 hours and will have me back to the ship at around 12PM. I then want to visit a nearby beach for the afternoon. What do you think of the tour and of the possibility of going to The Boatyard? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for all these great pictures. I didn't see much of Barbados last time as I was double fisting rum punch while at a beach bar and I didn't do much other than float around in the water.

I have a few questions for you.

What are your thoughts on "The Boatyard"? It looks like a very commercial place, but it has something that I'm looking for - Jet Skis.

I don't particularly mind if a beach is crowded because I will be in the water most of the time.

I had thought about spending a day on one of the south shore beaches

but I've decided that I want to do the Coast to Coast tour offered by Carnival.

The details are here:

On this wonderful excursion you will see:

Bridgetown Harbor, Pelican Village, the Broad Street shopping district, historic Heroes Square and Barbados’ Parliament buildings.

Barbados’ rural areas, historic points of interest and beautiful scenery such as the Emancipation Statue and Gun Hill Signal Station.

The Highland Adventure Centre with it's spectacular views of the East Coast and enjoy a refreshing drink.

The Atlantic Coastline and Bathsheba for spectacular views of the rugged East Coast and Atlantic surf.

Barclay’s Park, rural villages and historic sites.

Holetown, the Gold Coast and finally the Spring Garden Highway.

It's 3 hours and will have me back to the ship at around 12PM.

I then want to visit a nearby beach for the afternoon. ===> Do it! Boatyard is close by,too!

What do you think of the tour and of the possibility of going to The Boatyard? ===> Yes.

Thanks for all these great pictures.

I didn't see much of Barbados last time as I was double fisting rum punch while at a beach bar ===> Does yer mother know?? :D

and I didn't do much other than float around in the water.

Yes, it sounds like Boatyard is just the place for you

-and that Carnival tour sounds like it should give you a good all-round island tour experience.

You should see quite a bit!

Yes, it sounds like Boatyard is just the place for you

-and that Carnival tour sounds like it should give you a good all-round island tour experience.

You should see quite a bit!

Thank you, I just want to make the most of my day there.

And yes, my mum has seen the photos of my last time. She's going with me this time and I'm sure she'll enjoy herself.

Thank you again for the feedback.