The weather outside is frightful

IHATESNOW

Let me start out by saying that my next cruise is 53 days away. Can't wait!!!!

It's 42 degrees below zero right now at my office at the Fairbanks airport and the weekend is calling for colder than 50 below.

Needless to say, DH and I are staying home tonight, snuggling up with a movie. Tomorrow we're both staying home for the holiday. If it's colder than 50 below on Friday morning, I'm going to stay home from work because it's too dangerous to drive... Belts and hoses become brittle at those temps.

I'm thinking that a marguerita might be pretty good right about now, even though it's only 9:30 in the morning! Ole'!

Taters

It's 42 degrees below zero right now at my office at the Fairbanks airport and the weekend is calling for colder than 50 below.

Needless to say, DH and I are staying home tonight, snuggling up with a movie. Tomorrow we're both staying home for the holiday. If it's colder than 50 below on Friday morning, I'm going to stay home from work because it's too dangerous to drive... Belts and hoses become brittle at those temps.

I'm thinking that a marguerita might be pretty good right about now, even though it's only 9:30 in the morning! Ole'!

Taters

Ouch!!!!!

I'd never last there!

Taters

50 below!

I have nothing to complain about!!!

Taters

-50 :eek: NOW that is some serious COLD!

Central California checking in. We did get about a half of inch of snow for Christmas in the foothills to give us our second White Christmas. Right now we have lots of white stuff called fog. I don't think that we will be seeing the sun for several days.

We have about 120 days until we leave for my first trip to Florida and to cruise the Carribbean. I haven't decided on which cruise as yet. We are looking at the Sensation out of Jacksonville, the Inspiration out of Port Caniveral, but still open to Tampa, Miami or FLL. So many choices so little time. Still looking at options, availability, and adventures. :o

Western Massachusetts here.

One today and two more on the way.

Snowing here and the wind is whipping up...but it won't last...THANK GOODNESS!!!... Where in Western Mass are you? We lived in Pittsfield for a couple of years..in fact our first son was born at Berkshire Medical Center and I worked in North Adams...

Ahhhh....dreaming of the Caribbean myself right about now. The snow seems to be letting up a bit at the moment...can't stand the stuff myself! I'm already done with winter. :p

Only 40 days...(and 40 nights ;)), till I cruise!

Beautiful photos...nothing like that blue water and white sand beaches!

and my cruise will be so delightful

only 10 days to go

so let it snow....let it snow...let it snow.:D

How many of you out there are watching the snow and counting down the days?

I am counting down the days til my April cruise. Your SN could easily be mine as I hate it too. I live in Upstate NY so we are getting way too much of this white crud! :mad:

APLMAC- Keep it like that-we'll be there in 35 days or so

- 3' in Detroit yesterday friggin 16 right now -:eek:

We had a little rain early this morning so it was quite freeezing here :D

had to put a shirt on and close a window or two(after leaving them open all night)..:)

Yeaahh... musta bin down to about 70 or so. Reeaall chilly.;)

It's warmed up quite a bit now..must be about 85 I guess..

Did someone say wallpaper?

You might want to change to this becoz of the dimensions?

BBay-825.jpg

go here

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Carnival%20VICTORY%20-%20Nov%2008/BARBADOS/

and help yourselves,please!

It can only help to keep the freezing cold at bay.

If you know how to navigate thru a Photobucket account

you can find yourself a lot of neat pics in my account

so start clicking on all those blue links you see

-there's four cruises worth of pics in there.

I'm just south of Baltimore and the wind is howling (gusts up to 50 mph) and we had one short snow shower earlier today. The sun is out now. I'm just hoping our electricity stays on! I would love to see a big snow here!!

I have a lot of days to still count down -- only have one cruise scheduled for July. May plan something else in Feb or March -- I'm ready now!!!

Hi MarylandLady from another Marylander:) The wind here is unbelievable today. I had to dodge downed branches on my way home this morning.

Some snow would be nice though, I could use a few snow days off work!

I see you will be on the Pride out of Baltimore. I sailed her on my first cruise when she was brand new and I'm so excited she's coming here. I'm hoping to sneak a trip on her sometime soon. I'm sailing on the Legend this spring and it's not getting here soon enough. Other than snow, I can do without this cold.

I'm just south of Baltimore and the wind is howling (gusts up to 50 mph) and we had one short snow shower earlier today. The sun is out now. I'm just hoping our electricity stays on!

i'm in Baltimore...downtown...the wind is tipping over trailers:eek:....i'm with you marylandlady....i hope the lights stay on.....lol

and aplmac......that is so wrong.....lol:D

happy new years everyone

Well, I thought it was cold here in the UK (about 18 miles from Shakespeare Country). It was -3.5 when I went to work this morning, very frosty and foggy.

But compared to the freezing temperature you are all experiencing, I think it seems to be quite warm here.

We are taking our first cruise in May on Oriana (P & O) and can't wait. I have been to the sales over the last few days and have bagged a few bargain price dresses.

Our son is a dancer on the Oriana with the Headliners Theatre Company so we are really excited about seeing his shows.

Twigs

Ykgorb,

A lady from Yellowknife was on my Hawaiian cruise. I didn't get to know her too well, but she did a great job of organizing our CC meet and greet.

NCL treated us very well. They kept rounds of drinks coming. The problem was, with a group of 10 only 3 or 4 of us even drank. So everyone was trying to get those that did drink to take theirs. I could have been plastered before I had dinner the first night. LOL

We had a little rain early this morning so it was quite freeezing here :D

had to put a shirt on and close a window or two(after leaving them open all night)..:)

Yeaahh... musta bin down to about 70 or so. Reeaall chilly.;)

It's warmed up quite a bit now..must be about 85 I guess..

Did someone say wallpaper?

You might want to change to this becoz of the dimensions?

BBay-825.jpg

go here

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/Carnival%20VICTORY%20-%20Nov%2008/BARBADOS/

and help yourselves,please!

It can only help to keep the freezing cold at bay.

If you know how to navigate thru a Photobucket account

you can find yourself a lot of neat pics in my account

so start clicking on all those blue links you see

-there's four cruises worth of pics in there.

AWESOME...thanks for the link I'll be browsing soon:D

You are mean.. just mean!! lol
OK to placate you...to show you that it isn't all cute down here all the time

here's a shot of some awful Summer weather happening inland, away from the coastal areas

SemmerWeather-301.jpg

While I was(at the Crane) taking this shot above,

it looked like this..

CraneBeach-17.jpg

out on the beach...the date was Aug. 27th, this year

and those two weather conditions existed withing 3-4 miles of ea.other

on one little Caribbean island, but that's Summer weather for ya!

By the time you get down here

Crane will not be all placid like how you see it in this bottom photo.

These are unusual Summer conditions.

Normally it's quite surfy

and not particularly conducive to easy swimming

unless you're a strong swimmer and get yourself out beyond the breakers.

Archived