Cruise Director List 2009

MrPete

Risa is scheduled to be on vacation 9/19 - 11/05. Kevin Noonan is on the schedule for her vacation relief.

http://johnheald.files.wordpress.com...d-schedule.jpg

I don't know anything about this Risa. It's been 2 1/2 years since my last cruise (I know!!), so she must be new since then. However, I am tickled to death to learn that Noonan will be the CD in her stead when I set sail on the Fantasy on October 17th. He was the assistant CD the last time I was on the Fantasy back in January of 2007, and he is an utter trip. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Stuart Dunn, currently cd on Elation, will be taking over on Spirit when Chris "Bubb" Roberts leaves Carnival in mid-October.

Here is an interview John Heald did with Stuart Dunn a couple years ago (scroll down a ways for pictures and the interview):

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2007/08/30/highlighting-the-carnival-elation-and-cruise-director-stuart-dunn/

I'm a little confused. Looks like both Chris "Bubb" and Stuart are on the Spirit in a couple weeks when I cruise to Alaska (on Spirit). Is that possible?

And do you have any idea what Chris is all about?

Thanks,

marilyn

I'm a little confused. Looks like both Chris "Bubb" and Stuart are on the Spirit in a couple weeks when I cruise to Alaska (on Spirit). Is that possible?

kroozfoolz answered that on the other thread (yours :)):

from John's blog a couple weeks ago, part of a letter from Chris "Bubba" Roberts:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/07/03/steaks-bottoms-and-heidi/

"Soon I will be having a visitor from another cruise director, Stuart Dunn. He is going to come and sail with me for a few weeks in August to prepare him for next year as he will be replacing me on the Spirit for the next Alaska season. He will spend the two weeks familiarizing himself with Alaska and the Spirit. I have already spoke to Stu a couple of times and he is very excited to be coming. After our two weeks together he will be going on a vacation, then joining the Spirit again on Sept. 28, and take over from me on October 10."

so, stuart's getting on to train - pretty much - with chris, before taking over later in october. :D

is Jorge Solano any good? I never heard of him...:confused:

he was my cruise director on destiny. he was alright. he was formerly a stand up comedian - so there's a lot of jokes and a generally humorous approach to a lot of what he does... he tries to make it interesting / enjoyable...

i know several people that appreciated it and raved...

personally, i got the idea he thought he was a lot funnier than he was (to me)... we just didn't sync all the time ;)

still ok overall.

Big Tex on the Valor 2 weeks ago. He has been there about 6 months so he will be leaving in about a month. He told us the staff (everyone) signs 7 month contracts. Probably some exceptions to that, but he won't be there much longer. His assistant was pretty funny, can't remember his name.

Don't know if you will be too impressed with Stuart Dunn either. I had him a couple of years ago and found him to be very arrogant and unapproachable (and I was simply complimentaing his staff).

Good luck!

I disagree with you. I had never given much thought about a cruise director after many cruises but I have to say that Stu is my fave at Carnival because he actually is involved in most of the activities that most CDs do not participate in. I found him to be very humble and very interested in pleasing everbody onboard. John Heald comes in a distant 2nd to me, every other CD, don't remember them.

From what I have seen, the entertainment is almost exactly the same on every ship, give or take a few acts. All the ships have the same pre-fab activities, games, & contests, with no originality. As for the cruise director I have never seen them do anything except announcements & MC the shows. The all sound exactly the same and even down to the same "lame jokes"...

You must never have seen Steve Cassell do the "Devil Went Down in Georgia.":) Or Tood Whitmer singing "Summer of '69" with Bloodpower.:) (on his last and our first Conquest Cruise).

After doing the Conquest 3 times, with three different CDs - we're convinced that CDs do matter. While we loved watching Tood enjoy his job, he really overshadowed his ACDs and they'd didn't work for him the way they worked for Mark Price 4 months later. Mark threw an outstanding deck party - his entire staff put their heart into it.:) A couple years later, same party with Chris... the guy is on his blackberry most of the time.:(

They really can make a difference. Steve, Mark, and Tood really seem to enjoy what they do and that makes them good. We always enjoy watching people who enjoy their job.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived