Roll Call: Legend 11/11 Crossing from Lisbon to FLL

JaneBP

Just got a call from TAP Air. The flight from Newark to Lisbon on Nov 9 has changed from non stop to Lisbon to one stop in Porto and then to Lisbon. New arrival time in Lisbon is 9:30am. The flight leaves Newark at 7:35pm.

This is for anyone going over 1 day early.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I swore I wasn't gonna check until at least a month out...:eek: But I checked my room assignment a few minutes ago...and it's done! Can't believe it's 7 weeks out and they've assigned my GTY! And, the upgrade fairy was very, very nice to me this time...from an A gty to a B2, up front on deck 5!

Wonder if the deck 5 whirlpool gets used much on crossings??? (Guess I'll find out!)

Now I'm really getting excited! :D

Paul ;)

FYI: If you are in Rome on 10/30, the Teatro della Opera is doing 'Tannhauser'. (That's one of my favorites), so I am psyched. Got the ticket though an agency in Chicago. Now I wonder if the opera has 'super titles' and figure if they do, bet it's in Italian.

Did anyone else just get a second set of "final" docs? :confused:

As nice as the new box, holder & tags are, I'm surprised that SB sent what amounts to a duplicate mailing when I got my "original" "final" docs a month ago or so (in the black SB bag...)!

Oh well...6 weeks(!) + one day...but who's counting? :D

Paul ;)

Did anyone else just get a second set of "final" docs? :confused:

As nice as the new box, holder & tags are, I'm surprised that SB sent what amounts to a duplicate mailing when I got my "original" "final" docs a month ago or so (in the black SB bag...)!

Paul ;)

No SB black bags for us but our TA has advised that docs the have arrived in 4 (!) boxes. I haven't seen them yet but 4 seems like overkill.

No SB black bags for us but our TA has advised that docs the have arrived in 4 (!) boxes. I haven't seen them yet but 4 seems like overkill.

I now have the boxes...there are two, not 4 - one for each cabin. The folders and luggage tags are excellent - really like the magnetic clips as they are so much better than the typical snap.

Received the "Box" last week. I think SB has done away with the black cloth bag - the new packaging is a welcome addition. The countdown has started - we actually leave San Diego on 11/4 for four nights in Paris - then fly on to Lisbon for two nights before embarkation. I can taste the caviar and champagne now! Bon Voyage!

Well, as I read it, three formal nights so dress accordingly unless you will be dining at "2" on those nights. Sport coat and slacks would probably do on the rest of the evenings. The day attire is under question - depends a lot on the weather - pool/sun attire? Perhaps someone who has done the East to West T/A crossings can give some idea of the "average" climate and clothing attire. I will bring at least one pair of shorts but let's face it, nature will takes it's own course and we should just be "flexible".

We have also received our documents - we get them a little later in Canada - and everything is in order so now we are really excited to be back on a Legend crossing again! We have done six east-west crossings on the Legend and the weather has always been warm and beautiful with almost no rain so we are counting on this again, and with Captain G-A as our Captain, he will navigate us around the rain to make for a perfect cruise!! :) These crossings are truly an escape from the world - a heavenly break - with nothing but great service, pampering and sheer enjoyment all day long. Its making us smile just thinking about it.

CeeJay (Carol) & Wally

Getting excited for the crossing in November starting my packing list right now. Don't forget Carol - vodka martini straight up with a twist in the Sky Bar in Lisbon. Any more of the Misfits team on this cruise??;)

Getting excited for the crossing in November starting my packing list right now. Don't forget Carol - vodka martini straight up with a twist in the Sky Bar in Lisbon. Any more of the Misfits team on this cruise??;)

Make it Bombay Sapphire, and I'm in! :D

Oh, yeah...I am!

Paul ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been out for awhile. This is the list that I have.

Any corrections or additions - when I dream?

crystal 808 - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - leaves Nov 4

CeeJay11 - Carol & Wally I think they board the cruise before.

Daneite - Kathryn & Brian

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

Any thoughts about meeting in Lisbon on the 10th (if you are arriving early) and on board?

I know its getting closer as my bride is starting to ask questions.

Bob

crystal 808 - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - leaves Nov 4

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

Any thoughts about meeting in Lisbon on the 10th (if you are arriving early) and on board?

Bob

Hi Bob - When I Dream is Martin & Lesley

We arrive in Lisbon 6th - up for meeting on 10th just tell us where.

crystal 808 - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - leaves Nov 4

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

Bob

We arrive on the 8th but could be out of i-net contact from Nov 1 (en route via various other cities)

crystal 808 - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - leaves Nov 4

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

Bob

ame1993 --> Anne Ellison will be traveling with her Mother, Margaret Murphy; poor husband has to stay home this trip. Got our cruise docs today and we're still a GTY, but looking forward to it none the less! We're getting in late on the 9th but considering a day trip to Fatima -- has anyone done this in the past? Cannot wait!

ame1993 You are added to the list.

Our one day in Lisbon we had a car and driver to Fatima. It was very good, weather was great and very few tourists as we went early.

Came back by the sea and had a wonderful lunch over looking a bay.

Sorry, I don't remember the driver or the resturant.

Bob

Archived