Roll Call: Legend 11/11 Crossing from Lisbon to FLL

JaneBP

jschutz

We have only been on 2 TA's (west to Ft. L.) Both times the weather was very mild. Very little rain as the captain tries to avoid the rough seas. We were on the QM2 and had cold temps and some wind. Southern is the way to go.

Bob

This is the latest

crystal – Paul

cruiseman58 –

woldsman – Carol & Terry

curious

jschutz – Leaves Nov. 4

CeeJay11 – Carol & Wally – Will be on cruise before

Daneite – Kathryn & Brian

Lefty Bob – Carol & Bob

when I Dream – Martin & Lesley

Ame1993 – Ann & Margaret

techdiver -

For a meet on the ship It has been suggested that we meet in the Club at 6:00 pm on Wednesday Nov. 12. There is a place off the bar that could meet our needs. If this is OK, I will see if I can reserve. I know the ship would send invitations, but I don't have anyones last name or cabin #. It would be nice if you could have a tag with your CC name and your first names.

In regards to meeting in Lisbon the night of the 10th, any suggestions? I know most everyone will be worn out from the flite to Lisbon.

Hi Bob:

I'm not sure that SB will "reserve" part of the Club at sail-away, but I guess it's possible(!). As long as we've sailed, and gone under the bridge there, 6 pm would be fine. I remember sailing under the bridge in the early morning last April arriving in Lisbon, and it's a nice "landmark" to kick off the cruise!

I've got a CC cap that I might take to the Sky Bar for sail-away. (It might just sit on the bar next to me, as I'm not really a "cap" kinda guy!)

And, as for the 10th...you're right about probably being worn out. I get in early in the morning, and have no idea when I might sleep, or eat, so I don't think making any plans makes sense (for me)....

Hard to believe we're 2 weeks away!

Paul ;)

Sorry, I gave wrong day. Suggested meeting is Thursday Nov. 12. This is the day after sail-away.

Bob:confused:

Ahh...that makes more sense for a "CC" gathering! Of course, we'll likely meet at the Sky Bar at sail-away..."unofficially"!

Paul ;)

Well, as of this morning, log-ins to our accounts are no longer available! Yippee! :D And, of course, all categories are showing wait-listed...! Wonder if the ship will be full or not?

Weather in Lisbon should be in the upper 60's (F) on embarking day...Funchal is likely to be in the mid-to-upper 70's on Friday....

Waay too much time on my hands!

Paul ;)

We are looking forward to all our C.C. friends who will board in Lisbon. The Legend is sparkling and wonderful and the crew as amazing as always - we are in Valencia today and the weather is perfect - low 70's and sunny - blue skies!! Captain G-A is here and in his usual fine form as well as Eric Degray - and many of the crew we love so much! Richard in the Sky Bar!! Anthony and Magic - all waiting for you to come onboard.

Can't wait to see you all -- the ship is warmed up and ready for you -- the ship is fully booked at the moment without one empty spot.

See ya' soon.

CeeJay (Carol) & Wally

We are looking forward to all our C.C. friends who will board in Lisbon. The Legend is sparkling and wonderful and the crew as amazing as always - we are in Valencia today and the weather is perfect - low 70's and sunny - blue skies!! Captain G-A is here and in his usual fine form as well as Eric Degray - and many of the crew we love so much! Richard in the Sky Bar!! Anthony and Magic - all waiting for you to come onboard.

Can't wait to see you all -- the ship is warmed up and ready for you -- the ship is fully booked at the moment without one empty spot.

See ya' soon.

CeeJay (Carol) & Wally

Hi Carol!

Please keep enjoying your self to the fullest!

Best regards to both of you, Kathryn and Brian and all the above....!

The weather looks good for the South of Spain as well.

Marja

See ya' soon.

CeeJay (Carol) & Wally

Thanks for checking in, Carol! Now I really feel "close"!!

Can you find out who will be manning the Sky Bar for the crossing?

Continued blue skies and smooth sailing to you & Wally all the way to Lisbon!

Paul ;)

Greetings from Camp Seabourn Legend! I shall first off admit that the keyboard is too far from the screen for me and I cannot read it well. So, Don't shoot me for typos. Plus I am tyrping through a veil of tears as my Phillies lost to the Yankees last night.Paul asked for a cast of characters. Richard Maiaer is in charge of the booze, but I have no idea who's at the Sky Bar. Certainly is not sosmeone I know.

Capt G-A of course, Ralph de Klijn. HM. Chef Thorston Sengutta auf Koln, Eric, Anthony MIchel (classical guitarist) and Heather Kreuzman as the CD team. So that's the headlines.

Now I have not sailed Seabourn for >20 months, so I am not sure what's new and new to me. The week before boarding was a charter, and there was a 'wet dock' with new carpeting in the corridors at least. The crew got new flat screen tellys and game boys, too. The stewardesses are now wearing outfits as the Spa ladies wore. I have to admit I miss the dirndles, but then, I am sure they were annoying.

Everyythng is clean and ship-shape. We are in Alicante today. Breezy but sunny. I am staying in a lot with my Kindle and will venture out in Malaga to the Alhambra.

Hopefully more later!

Thank you Jane!

I hope the weather will be great the rest of your cruise. I just received an email from a friend down on the Costa del Sol near Malaga and she wrote it is unusually warm for the time of the year! Enjoy the Alhambra!

I hope Mr. de Klijn is doing well? We are friends .... He is from Holland! Tell him we look forward to seeing him in Ft. Lauderdale!

Marja

Jane , so glad that your long awaited trip is finally a reality! My..didn't realize that your roomie this time would be a "Kindle". My friend is adicted to hers. Have a wonderful time..and please send Capt. GA our love. His latest pictures are wonderful. I will have your pkg. in the mail..probably about the 11th..then it should arrive about the time that you do. enjoy...Lola :)

I see a lot are leaving shortly. Try and meet at the club on Thursday, the 12th at 6:00 pm.

Hi Bob:

Sounds good to me (if we don't meet up before!). I'm not leaving until Monday afternoon, so I've got all weekend to get ready; finish laundry, pack, and lose sleep thinking about boarding!! :eek:

Safe travels to all...

Paul ;)

Hello from the Legend!

We are looking forward to all our friends boarding in Lisbon. We are having a marvellous cruise - the ship looks amazing and the crew (although a lot are new since last time we were on the Legend) are just as fabulous as ever. And the Chef ... he is very handsome, friendly, German, blonde ... but best of all his food is unbelievably great! See you all soon. We are having a great time with Captain G-A and Eric. I believe the crew have some new wrinkles to throw at the crossing passengers this year ... even more fun! See ya' soon.

CeeJay

CeeJay:

Always good to hear what's up for our soon-to-be crossing! Looking forward to seeing the Chef at work (and tasting his efforts!), and always happy to see fresh faces in the crew (as long as some familiar ones remain)!

And "new wrinkles"? What fun!

See you next Wednesday! :D

Paul ;)

who sees that Lisbon weather for Tuesday/Wednesday is predicted to be sunny and 68-69 degree highs!

Thought you all might be interested to know that this morning, about 7AM as we were headed into Casablana, we were hit by 2 (count 'em), 2 rogue waves, back to back! Sure there was a slight swell, and then 'Slam, bam, thank you Ma'am!). Everyone had things going head over teacups. Fortunately the Veranda was not yet open, because it was apparently decimated. Had there been cruisers, surely someone would have been injured. The galley took a hit as well, and it was rumored we would be u sing paper plates. But things got straigntened out quickly. I had things topple over off the vanity and table, but the only true casulty in my suite is a missing plum from the fruit plate. A friend said she was hit on the head by her ice bucket, because she was on the floor doing her exercises. To me, that's breaking a cardinal rule, don't exercise and the likelyhood of being hit with a bucket is greatly reduced. The tours got off a bit late since the gangway had to be positioned on Deck 5 and they needed a crane to hoist it into place. We had a

'Moroccan Folkloricao' show tonight, after the wonderful cocktail party in the Lobby on %. The dancers and singers and bangers on the drums were loud and apparently sining abut Allah and the Haaj (I asked their leader) and it wqs interesting as always. Later is the 'Rock the Boat ' on deck with Dessert Flambe.

I must say that this Entertainment team is the strongest I have ever seen and the shows are stunning. Heather Kreuzmann is a tiny wisp of a singer but can xhe belt out the songs with joie de vivre. She's fabulous! The band and singer, Sea Breeze are going off in Lisbon but will be back in March. They are great too.

I agree with CeeJay, the chef, Thorsten, is wnderful, always out and about and chatting with everyone. Actually, everyone is fabulous as alway. As m y cruise ends, I again wish I ws stayng on (there are 47 'thru' cruisers), but t hen i remind my self, it's less than a month to the Odysey cruising.

I got my 200 day pin at the Club Party and G-A had given me my 100 Day pin too. Guess I shall have to figure it out as I get closer to the next one!

Aren't we all forutunate???

And I am here to report (and gloat) that the

Naughty Nine' won the Camp Seabourn Legend Trivia Contest. (Could have fooled me!). Got a new Tote Bag in the black and white colors. Nifty! Eric haws more fun things planned for the crossers, who are assembling now. It's a divine day inthe Atlantic, skipped the Galley Market Lunch in foavor of a great burger and some fresh air. Will tidy up now for whoever is getting 232 and will wait with bated breath to hear more reports!

My next reporting assignment will be 11/1o from Camp Seaburn Odysssey.

Archived