Roll Call: Legend 11/11 Crossing from Lisbon to FLL

JaneBP

Hi Bob

We are boarding in Civitavecchia on the previous cruise but we could meet you in Lisbon if you tell us where - or maybe smuggle you onboard early! :)

We leave in just over 2 weeks so we are now getting very excited!

Carol & Wally

Got our cruise docs today and we're still a GTY, but looking forward to it none the less!

Anne: You may want to check your online reservation...that's where you'll find your suite number, if it's been assigned....

Good luck, and I'll see you on board in 4 weeks! :)

Paul ;)

CeeJay11, do you have a one night layover in Lisbon?

Bob

Hi Bob

No we don't have a layover. We will just be there for the day - with most passengers disembarking and with the crossing crowd embarking! We will want to get off the ship for the day while they clean and get it all pretty for you. :)

See you soon,

CeeJay (Carol)

To ame1993, Anne and Margaret:

Perhaps you saw my earlier post that Paul and I would not be sailing on the Legend in November. We changed to the Spirit because we took advantage of an extended cruise to snorkel before getting to St Thomas. The Legend didn't offer this. We will miss you both. At least our CC friends, Marja and Rene will be on the Spirit. So we'll know some people.

Now that the Legend has changed it's itinerary and is offering additional transatlantic crossings, Paul and I are signing up for the Nov 2010 and hope to also do the Mar 2011. We hope to see both of you again on the Legend in the future.

Ginger and Paul

Anne: You may want to check your online reservation...that's where you'll find your suite number, if it's been assigned....

Good luck, and I'll see you on board in 4 weeks! :)

Paul ;)

Hey Paul,

We've been checking daily and still a GTY (just checked again, but no change:confused:). We were late comers, just deciding in September to jump aboard since things worked out well with my job this year--normally the busiest time of year for me.

We just got our docs this week from our TA (using a new one and love her as she is much more responsive than our old one and she's a virtuoso TA and this is a virtuoso cruise!). So, now I know what everyone meant about the nice docs this time around. I guess I'd better start thinking about what I'll be packing as it's getting closer!

See you soon!

To ame1993, Anne and Margaret:

Perhaps you saw my earlier post that Paul and I would not be sailing on the Legend in November. We changed to the Spirit because we took advantage of an extended cruise to snorkel before getting to St Thomas. The Legend didn't offer this. We will miss you both. At least our CC friends, Marja and Rene will be on the Spirit. So we'll know some people.

Now that the Legend has changed it's itinerary and is offering additional transatlantic crossings, Paul and I are signing up for the Nov 2010 and hope to also do the Mar 2011. We hope to see both of you again on the Legend in the future.

Ginger and Paul

Hey Ginger,

I did notice that you were jumping ships this time around and it seemed like lots of others have too -- Paul may be the only person I recognize;). I'm so looking forward to a smooth sailing and gaining an hour every other day or so!

Mom was going to sail alone on this trip, but Chuck is tied up with the production of Miss Daisy, so I decided to join her. She is also scheduled for April, but she may be a solo sailor that time around, so it will be good for her to see familiar faces with you and Paul.

Hello to Paul (and Marja!) and have a wonderful crossing yourselves!

I must have done it already and probably will again before you will all leave on this Legendary crossing ........ wishing you a very good one!

But I do have some concerns I have to share with you. Probably you will have to "go Dutch" for your meals during this crossing..... Having a "double Dutch" Hotel Manager! Or it could be that Marcel Gademan will be on vacation already and Ralph de Klijn took over.......;)

Marja

I must have done it already and probably will again before you will all leave on this Legendary crossing ........ wishing you a very good one!

But I do have some concerns I have to share with you. Probably you will have to "go Dutch" for your meals during this crossing..... Having a "double Dutch" Hotel Manager! Or it could be that Marcel Gademan will be on vacation already and Ralph de Klijn took over.......;)

Marja

Thanks, as usual, Marja!

"double Dutch" sounds good to me! :D (Actually ANYthing on the t/a sounds good to me...I'm SO ready! :) )

Paul ;)

Any more?

crystal - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - Leaves Nov. 4

CeeJay11 - Carol & Wally - Will be on the cruise before

Daneite - Kathryn & Brian

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

when I Dream - Martin & Lesley

ame1993 - Ann & Margaret

Bob

:

Any more?

crystal - Paul

cruiseman58

Woldsman

curiousx

jschutz - Leaves Nov. 4

CeeJay11 - Carol & Wally - Will be on the cruise before

Daneite - Kathryn & Brian

Lefty Bob - Carol & Bob

when I Dream - Martin & Lesley

ame1993 - Ann & Margaret

Bob

There is also JaneBP and certainly do not forget t & e!!!!!!!:D

Daneite, I think JanBP changed her plans. If t and e are joinning us, I missed their post.

Bob

Bob,

Jane did change her plans, sorry I was getting mixed up as we are doing the one before with her. As for t & e maybe they have not posted, i am not sure, but they are doing the crossing, possibly they did not want it known and i have blown it for them:eek:

Marja,

Thank you and you have a great one too!!! We will miss you at the Skybar at midnight. Love to Rene.

Kathryn

Daneite, I think JanBP changed her plans. If t and e are joinning us, I missed their post.

Bob

Yes, I did switch whtn the opportunity to sail on the Big 'O' in December and if I disembarked in Lisbon, I could visit friends in Frankfurt. So many choices, so many decisions. <g> I hate missing a great house (er, ship) party, however.

Hi Jane

We will see you in Civitavecchia ! Only a week now. Sorry you are getting off in Lisbon but at least we have the first cruise together. And Captain G-A is onboard now (as of today) so that will be wonderful.

CeeJay (Carol)

I am finishing my packing now. I leave tomorrow, and sent my luggage on Monday. Can't wait. Ans yes, with G-A at the helm, it will be faboulous. I look forward to seeing other crew and cruising friends as well!

I am finishing my packing now. I leave tomorrow, and sent my luggage on Monday. Can't wait. Ans yes, with G-A at the helm, it will be faboulous. I look forward to seeing other crew and cruising friends as well!

Jane:

Have a safe trip, and a wonderful cruise!

If you get the chance to post, can you let us (me) know who will be manning the Sky Bar for the crossing? :D (That would be a "pretty please"! LOL!)

Best wishes...

Paul ;)

Hi all CC members who are on board Legend for the forthcoming Transatlantic,Ihave been missing for quite some time and have noted that Lefty Bob has drawn up a list of members who are on board, and included the names of most of the members. We are Carol and Terry, yes another Carol , and we arrive in Lisbon on the 10th Nov but quite late, so we will have to meet you on board at sailaway or at a place and time LB organises before we all head for Lisbon

Looking forward to meeting all members,

Meantime,

Best Regards,

Woldsman.

This is directed at those who have made one or more of the T/A crossings in November - what can one "reasonably" expect for the weather. We did a QM2 T/A about 3 years ago and it was VERY cold, rainy and VERY windy - but then it was a North Atlantic crossing also. So, my wife is asking for the purpose of what to bring clothing wise during the day. For example - any "shorts" days topside during the days? Will there be any evening outdoor dining/entertainment as there are on the regular trips? Someone in a previous post said it was mostly warm for the whole trip, but what is warm? If your from North Dakota 50 degrees might be warm. We're from San Diego - so everything is relevant to where you reside I guess.

So any help would be appreciated.

Archived