Roll Call: Legend 11/11 Crossing from Lisbon to FLL

JaneBP

Thanks for the update, Jane! And glad to hear Adam's staying put!

It's a shame we'll miss each other. I'm at my hotel now, after having had a too-long nap! I expect most of the others are here in Lisbon by now.

Looking forward to the "new" wrinkles, and the new entertainment...but, mostly, just getting on board!

Paul ;)

who promises to try and avoid flying icebuckets :eek::D

Hello: We're enjoying your posts. So glad to hear that the Legend is in fine shape. And happy to hear about the chef and food! Always something to anticipate! Glad the rogue waves did not seriously injure anyone.

We are boarding her Nov. 23 in Ft. Lauderdale for the Panama Canal Cruise.

Can you tell me if Captain G-A will remain on board, and who will be the CD ?

Thanks so much and have a wonderful time!

Legend Crossing Sailor's

Have a grand Transatlantic voyage ~~fun filled days and fantastic evenings!:D

We had marvelous weather on the Odyssey Crossing from Malaga. Mostly warm sunny days ~~only one afternoon and evening of ocean "motion."

Please remind Eric DeGray to preform his "Carmen Miranda" show! A hoot~~(picture him in his costume! Carumba :eek:)

Safe voyage ~~have lots of fun!

Martita B.

Well...sorry to be so long in checking in, but internet was spotty, and I wanted to save my minutes for email-checking.

I'm in the Ft L airport now; we arrived on schedule even with a course change after Funchal. Several really rocky days, which, I think, surprised everyone. We didn't have the damage that was caused by the rogue waves earlier, but we had a lot of crashes, and way too much "extra" cleanup required by the crew. However, the last few days were beautiful!

It was, probably, my most relaxing crossing...the extra hours added didn't hurt, either! Lots of new friends made; lots of old friends on staff & crew, along with some new faces. Eric de Gray was, well, Eric. Capt. G-A was everywhere, as usual, snapping photos and interacting with all the guests.

New (to me) on the crossing was a boat-building contest, and the Capt. ran a photo-of-the-day contest as well. Several new entertainer/acts boarded, and the Rock the Boat show suffered for it (my personal opinion). Don't think they had time to work together enough, and think there are some scheduled changes for today's sailing, but I don't know any more details.

Hosted table invitations abounded, but I only accepted the one last night. Only 9 people, but still too big a table to converse with everyone. Fortunately everyone seemed to focus on only 3 courses, before dessert, so the timing was pretty good, once service started. (The first course was a bit slow in coming, and the waiter apologized for the "bunch-up" of orders that snagged ours!). Overall a nice way to end the cruise, but still the larger table problems remained (again, my personal opinion).

Crew went through Immigration at 7 am; the first round off the ship was announced at approx. 7:50; independents called in the second tier (about 8:10), and I was off to the airport, arriving easily before 9 am.

Met most of the CCers onboard, and I think everyone, "newbies" and seasoned cruisers alike would have had only glowing reports for the crossing, early weather & seas excepted!! (Crossing fingers and "to-ers" seemed to be extremely helpful later in the cruise!)

Hopefully some others will chime in once they get situated in "the real world", and it's a flight home this afternoon, followed by "back to work" tomorrow morning. Sheesh.

Thanks for all the good wishes from all on the Board; a safe, and very entertaining crossing was had (at least, for me!).

Paul ;)

Paul - I enjoyed your post. Sorry we didn't see you to say goodbye ... we were not moving very quickly I am afraid.

It was indeed an incredibly fun crossing. The seas were rough to begin with - this was our 9th crossing on the Legend and the first few days were the roughest we have ever experienced and although rough seas don't bother us too much, after a while it just gets really tiresome and definitely hard on the crew. Thankfully the Captain was able to take the ship 130 miles south off the original course to get us out of the northern storms and things changed dramatically after that. We had beautiful calm seas and warm weather - one morning the water was "like the kitchen floor" with the sun coming up over it - amazing!

There were so many great things about this crossing. Seeing old Seabourn friends again - and being on the Legend - which is almost like a second home for us.

Captain G-A is such fun to cruise with and he keeps his passengers busy. We got really into his photo contest again (which we managed to win - and the prize - the new Seabourn bear in his sailor shirt - is adorable)and also the boat-building contest which was really fun and challenging. Our team also won this - but almost all of the work on the boat was done by Lesley and Martin (thanks guys for the use of your room for days and days) - our boat actually held 69 cans of beer/soda before it started taking on water! Its amazing what you can come up with in the middle of the ocean - and the crew were really good helping us with supplies for our "Super Crew Ship". In addition to all this, we played trivia every day (we didn't score very well but we had tons of fun) and also bridge lessons every morning with Rosemary - a lovely lady from England. She was terrific and we learned a lot as well as being very entertained by her.

Eric DeGray is the CD onboard and his shows were wonderful, as they always are - with quite a few new numbers. He had almost a whole new entertainment staff come onboard right at the start of the cruise which made things really challenging for him - so many rehearsals for everyone - but all-in-all - the entertainment was fantastic and always lots of fun too! Unfortunately his new Assistant CD Amanda didn't get a chance to perform until the last night in the Broadway show - she is a beautiful girl with a fabulous voice and obviously an accomplished dancer as well. She is a lovely addition to the show.

Oh, and Chef Thorsten is fantastic. What would a good Seabourn cruise be without a great Chef and he is very handsome as well - he should have his own TV show! He did a couple of cooking demonstrations in the King Olav Lounge which were fun and also full of plenty of humour. His food was fabulous and he makes the best Weiner Schnitzel I have ever eaten in my life (be then he should, I suppose, since he is German).

And the crew ... they are the best anywhere. There were so many new faces. So many of the ones we have gotten to know well over the years are gone to the Odyssey or spread around the other sisters ... and only a few remained. Anthony Humeau is now an Assistant Maitre D' in the dining room and doing his usual fabulous job. Ross - the Maitre D' is equally great and always anxious to please in any way he can. Richard - the Bar Manager - wonderful as well. And we got really lucky this cruise as our Stewardess was a lovely girl from South Africa Elsje and she was the best we have ever had in our 200 days of cruising on Seabourn!! She was fast, efficient, cheerful (always), helpful with everything - what more could anyone say.

Oh, and one more big highlight of the cruise, was receiving our 200-day pins from our favourite Captain Geir-Arne Thue-Nilsen. (I plan to steal Wally's pin and have them made into earrings!)

We have booked 2 more cruises on Seabourn for next year - this time on the Sojourn - but we would go back to the Legend anytime. Unfortunately the crossing on the Legend next year is too late in November for us.

We are missing the ship, having only been home a few hours, and we are still really "rocking" after all those days at sea.

Thanks to the Legend and the entire crew for an absolutely amazing cruise. :)

Wally has corrected me -- Our "Super Crew Ship" actually held 79 cans (not 69) before it started to sink. Also Rosemary - our bridge instructor - was from Florida - not England (sorry Rosemary). Keep in mind, I am very tired from travelling yesterday :)

Also Rosemary - our bridge instructor - was from Florida - not England (sorry Rosemary). Keep in mind, I am very tired from travelling yesterday :)

You're excused! (And, of course, Rosemary IS originally from England, but is now a FL transplant!)

Back to work today...sheesh! Surprising how quickly 12 Seabourn days come & go....:eek:

Paul ;)

I wish I had taken in more of the shows. Never did make it to the Sky Bar for a cigar either. Eric is the Cruise Director I'll never forget. Happy with our rise from 9th place to 2nd on the final day of trivia. The final night we had our special request dinner and my Beef Wellington was spectacular. All in all a memorable crossing, sorry we missed the meeting of CC'ers.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be so late joiing the thread.

After the cruise, we got home to some problems. One was the shutdown of my computer. Got it up for a very short time. Then the holidays and my computer expert was on vacation. School started and he was in class most of the day - he is nine years old.

Short report. the low's and high's.

The low's:

My putting.

My trivia answers

One breakfast in the resturant.

The high's:

Everything else

Enjoyed meeting so many CC'ers.

Bob

Archived