Online checkin -then switching people in cabins and credit card info

Our family of 8 did some creative juggling of room assignments so that all cabins could get a senior discount. When we checked in for our Setsail pass we did it by stateroom. Are we going to have any problems switching around and getting all the credit card (responsibility) straightened out. Any advise and information would be appreciated.

Our family of 8 did some creative juggling of room assignments so that all cabins could get a senior discount. When we checked in for our Setsail pass we did it by stateroom. Are we going to have any problems switching around and getting all the credit card (responsibility) straightened out. Any advise and information would be appreciated.

We did this on the Mariner, we thought we would judt get spare keys to the rooms we wanted to be in, when we went to GS to get the keys, they just moved everyone around and issued new seapasses, for the rooms and credit cards we wanted to use...No Problem

When you check in, just tell them who will be where--they really don't care. That way, everything is right from the get-go!

I'm not positive, but when you check-in I am almost sure if there is a Sr or Resident discount, that person must be registered to the cabin to get the discount! If you change pax around at check-in and they don't qualify for the discount you will be charged full rate!

The best thing is to go to the pursor's desk and get extra keys. The CC deal could be a mess. We did this once, not for the Senior discount, but we werent sure who would all be going, new that at least 4 for sure maybe 5, so we booked 2 cabins, one I was registered to with my GD, and my DH booked a tripple cabin with my daughter in it.

My son did eventually decide to go, and stayed in the cabin with DD, GD and him. My DH was listed in that cabin, we just switched actual keys ( son & DH) so the charges for each of them were their actual charges and we ask for extra room keys at the pursor's desk!

Good Luck!

Will that work for those 18? I am hoping to bunk my two teenagers together (near us) but thought we had to switch keys

How near are they to you? RCI is one of the few cruiselines that allow you to book your children into their own cabin, as long as it is next to or across from yours. So, you do not have to book one adult into each cabin from the get-go. We have always booked our teens into their own cabin. (If your TA told you otherwise, then the TA is not informed as to RCI's policies)

Regardless, you should still go to customer service and get the Sea Passes corrected, rather than just switch keys (yes, they will do this even for the kids). This way, when leaving the ship or using your pass to charge purchases, the photos and credit card info all matches up.

We are doing the same thing....there are 8 of us too. When I called C & A they said just go to guest relations and have them change it. But then my sister called C & A and they said you cant change room assignments. So now I am a little worried.

Just go to guest relations after check in to have the room assignments switched around.

Just be VERY aware that if any room is recieving a discount because of a senior rate and that senior is no longer occupying that room you will no longer get that discount.

Cruiselover, so you are saying if the reason for the juggling of names was to receive the senior discount, once on board you can not unjuggle them. How does guest relations know? So, I guess then it is best just to ask for extra keys and sleep in the rooms that you prefer (not assigned to)? Correct...

Archived