6 days till Glory!!!

memphislonghorn

Man, I'm getting excited!:D Only 6 more days!!! Those of you that have sailed on Glory, tell me anything that a newbie should know! I'm used to the Fantasy and Holiday, so this will be a BIG ship to me!

Any tips on how to avoid crowds/long lines? Any secret passages or doors to explore? How bout a great place to gaze at the stars in solitude? Is there a cigar room, or just a designated bar area? I can't wait to light one up and enjoy with my Captain on the rocks!!:D

Man, I'm getting excited!:D Only 6 more days!!! Those of you that have sailed on Glory, tell me anything that a newbie should know! I'm used to the Fantasy and Holiday, so this will be a BIG ship to me!

Any tips on how to avoid crowds/long lines? Any secret passages or doors to explore? How bout a great place to gaze at the stars in solitude? Is there a cigar room, or just a designated bar area? I can't wait to light one up and enjoy with my Captain on the rocks!!:D

We've done Glory twice. Take a ship layout with you. You can't go end to end easily. The lines for food can be long and the decks can be crowded on sea days just due to the numbers of people. To avoid lines, don't eat at the most popular, normal times. Eat early or late on the Lido. Even the grill lines can be long. We eat as many meals possible in the dining room. Even though the ship is larger than the Fantasy, it definitely feels more crowded. For cigars, from what I understand, there is only a designated bar (the sports bar I think). As for secret doors, I think there's a couple forward on like deck 6 or 7, but not sure on that since we never went looking. Star gazing is almost impossible due to the ship being so lit up.

Just returned from the Glory New Years cruise. Let me just say that we had a fantastic time.

We were able to star gaze every night and my husband enjoyed his cigar on our deck. We were in a 9A and our neighbors smoked cigars too so it wasn't an issue. The

lines did get long at times, but we were on vacation and just met new people in line. :) The party on deck for New Years was amazing. There were other ships near us and every ship was blowing horns for about 5 minutes. You will have a great time. If you can, go to the Emerald room for dinner one night. The service and food was wonderful.

DH and I have sailed on the Glory twice. She is a wonderful ship. I really enjoyed laying on my back in the aft pool after dark looking at the stars. Not as they are here in the country, but spectacular none the less. There is a designated cigar bar in the center of the ship. You have to pass through it to go from one part of the ship to another. As for the lines, while they were a little long sometimes, I always found they moved quickly, so it was never an issue. Have a blast for us.

Find the fish and chips station in the Red Sail Restaurant (I think it's actually on the Panorama deck). It's never busy and often overlooked. Good stuff! :cool:

Just returned from the Glory New Years cruise. Let me just say that we had a fantastic time.

We were able to star gaze every night and my husband enjoyed his cigar on our deck. We were in a 9A and our neighbors smoked cigars too so it wasn't an issue. The

lines did get long at times, but we were on vacation and just met new people in line. :) The party on deck for New Years was amazing. There were other ships near us and every ship was blowing horns for about 5 minutes. You will have a great time. If you can, go to the Emerald room for dinner one night. The service and food was wonderful.

We will be in 9 A also room 7440, which room were you in? Do you have any photos.

Find the fish and chips station in the Red Sail Restaurant (I think it's actually on the Panorama deck). It's never busy and often overlooked. Good stuff! :cool:

I have to agree, we didn't find the fish n chips station until the last sea day and wished we had found it earlier - it was really good and no one was hardly there. Just take the steps up from the Lido Deck Buffet area.

Have a great time!

I think you'll have a great time and love the ship :) we sailed on Glory during Thanksgiving week this past November...it is a large ship and takes some getting used to as far as the layout, but I never felt crowded during the cruise and didn't experience any long lines...the Emerald supper club is something I would recommend you try at least once...there are lots of things to do on the ship--so many that I can't even begin to list them all :D

Archived