Help with choice of cabin for 3 adults on Solstice??

bernnj

Thinking about a cruise in late February or early March on Solstice. I will be traveling with parents (both 79) and myself (59). Usually, we book 2 separate cabins but I'm thinking about one cabin for the 3 of us. I can sleep on a sofa bed if the cabins are roomier and we have a balcony/verandah. By the way, what is the difference??:confused: Any suggestions??

Additionally, how much walking space around the bed to the sitting area?

Personally, I would get 2 rooms. We had 4 of us in our CC balcony room. The couch was very hard, and the trundle bed wasn't much better. Not to mention with the trundle out, it was impossible to get out to the balcony without stepping on the bed. It was extremely crowded with 2 adults and 2 children. I can't imagine another adult in the room. You will be much happier with 2 rooms. Trust me. Have fun! It's a beautiful ship!

There is a family veranda available on my cruise on Feb 22. That would be a great cabin for 3 people. Two separate bedrooms.

That is awesome they are showing it available for only 3 people. They don't do that often. I snagged one for our Med cruise for 3 people. It is a great price they are showing right now. Too bad it's on the 7th deck:o

Personally, I would get 2 rooms. We had 4 of us in our CC balcony room. The couch was very hard, and the trundle bed wasn't much better. Not to mention with the trundle out, it was impossible to get out to the balcony without stepping on the bed. It was extremely crowded with 2 adults and 2 children. I can't imagine another adult in the room. You will be much happier with 2 rooms. Trust me. Have fun! It's a beautiful ship!

Totally agree. Top of sofa like rock (tried it myself for about 10 minutes), and with trundle out, it is impossible to move around cabin. We used the pullman for our teen daughter if you are willing to climb a ladder (I'm guessing that's a no). She thought that was comfortable and it did leave enough room to walk around cabin. Posted my comments & photo here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=856181&highlight=

Thank you all for your comments. Perhaps we should consider a Sky Suite or connecting verandah cabins. Can anyone tell me where the interior door is that connects cabins and does this take away from having a sofa in each cabin and do they also open up the verandahs on connecting cabins?

Bernadette

We had four in one room (2 kids), and would definitely suggest two cabins or FV. The "sofa bed" is the couch with pillows off. Pretty firm.

The connecting cabins are very well though out. The cabin doors are not even with the ship hallway. Instead, there is a recessed vestibule, so the doors are inset a couple of feet. They open out, away from the cabin. For connecting cabins, there is a second set of doors, which close even with the ship hallway. WIth the second set of doors closed, and each cabin door open, you can move thru the vestibule from cabin to cabin. Each individual cabin door will still close for privacy from the other cabin. As I read this, its very confusing, but works great. There is no loss of space in either cabin, and the soundproofing between cabins isn't affected, since all of the connecting is outside the cabin.

Thank you all for your comments. Perhaps we should consider a Sky Suite or connecting verandah cabins. Can anyone tell me where the interior door is that connects cabins and does this take away from having a sofa in each cabin and do they also open up the verandahs on connecting cabins?

Bernadette

A Sky Suite will give you a fold-out bed, but the connecting cabins also give you two bathrooms. There are terrific last-minute deals for veranda cabins so suggest you check prices & compare what's important to you. Yes, the balcony divider opens, and if you do a search in this forum you will find many photos and explanations of how "connecting cabins" doors work. They do not take away space and are very well-designed. Saw them "in action" on our floor…great idea.

Thinking about a cruise in late February or early March on Solstice. I will be traveling with parents (both 79) and myself (59). Usually, we book 2 separate cabins but I'm thinking about one cabin for the 3 of us. I can sleep on a sofa bed if the cabins are roomier and we have a balcony/verandah. By the way, what is the difference??:confused: Any suggestions??

Additionally, how much walking space around the bed to the sitting area?

We had 3 in a cabin last month.

No problem there with room between anything.

The room steward lowered the bed from the ceiling and aside from getting out to the first step there was not a problem.

The bed is made up and put back into the ceiling during the day.

More than enough storage and under the bed area.

Space around bed is about 2 feet.

We had 3 in a cabin last month.

No problem there with room between anything.

The room steward lowered the bed from the ceiling and aside from getting out to the first step there was not a problem.

The bed is made up and put back into the ceiling during the day.

More than enough storage and under the bed area.

Space around bed is about 2 feet.

Longboysfan... was the occupant of the pulldown bed comfortable there ? Did he/she have plenty of room or feel at all clostrophobic. This is where our (will be) 12 year old son is destined to sleep on our long awaited Med cruise in August. The Celebrity advisor thought he would find it fun ?! :cool:

Archived