Riviera deck pros/cons

tbrown

I will have to take the suggestion about the drill. I hate those things being claustrophic they choke me to death. When people are late I would like to choke them for it because that means I have to stand in that darn thing longer and only standing five foot I usually am nose level with pits. :eek:

My adult son is coming with us on this cruise and he booked a gty, he was assigned cabin 1263 aft on Riviera deck. He is next to the galley and across from a dance club. Does anyone happen to know how noisy this will be? He tends to stay up very late and sleep in so I am just wondering about the galley noise in the morning.

Thanks for any input. :)

Toni

I had cabin 1249 recently on the Legend which is a couple of doors up from 1263. The soundproofing for the dance club must be very, very good. I never heard the first bit of noise from it or from the galley. I did hear some music a couple of afternoons from the bar lobby outside the dining room on the promenade deck. They had a jazz group playing there a couple of times before dinner. This did not go on until late, they only played prior to dinner. It wasn't bad at all. As a general rule, this was a very quiet location.

I agree about the rear elevators being very convenient and it's only 1 or 2 flights of steps up to the dining room, depending on which dining room level you are assigned.

This was the first time I had been on Rivera deck, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

OK we are scheduled to go on the Nov 8th cruise. I understand we will be on the Riviera deck. SO can someone tell me the pros/cons to this deck? I am wondering if I should try and upgrade to another deck. Thanks

Best deck on the ship for an OV cabin.

It is quiet. Not a lot of traffic, and nothing above you to cause noise. If the crew below causes noise one call to the pursers desk will have that stopped instantly.

It is the most stable in rocky seas. Close to the water so you can see any sea life that might be around.

The only disadvantage is that it is an elevator ride to the lido deck.

I have only been on one Carnival cruise so far and booked a cabin on the Riviera deck mid-ship. I loved how close the water was outside my cabin window. The only problem I had was noise coming from below when the habor pilot came aboard or left. This didn't happen all the time and it wasn't for very long either. Loved the Riviera deck.

I just got off the Destiny and had cabin 1271. It was great; I loved being close to the water, and I agree with some of the other posters that the rear elevators were not as busy. Plus, my group spent most of our time on the aft Lido deck, so all I had to do was go out of my room, hop in the elevator to Deck 9, and I was there.

The pantry was directly across from my room, but aside from some clinking dishes early in the morning, it didn't bother me. I was up early every day anyway.

I liked feeling the sway of the ship at night, but not so much that it makes you sick. :p

I agree with the comment about the salty windows. Our window was useless because it was the equivalent of frosted glass. I couldn't get over the urge just to open the damn window and clean it! Our cabin was also mid-ship on the Riviera (Fantasy class) so there was a lot of walking involved to get wherever we wanted to go. I guess that's good or bad, depending on how you look at it, lol.

I've found that we much prefer the Upper deck, mid-aft. We are insulated from noises, closer to activity, and high enough up where the windows stay clean.

• 9 months later...

We're booked in room 2464 on the Conquest, main floor, aft part of the ship, interior cabin. It looks like the Monet dining room is directly above us. I can't tell where the galley is. Will this room be noisy or have a lot of movement?? TIA! --Katie

Hi, just had room 1382 on the Riviera deck on the Liberty. If you are not hooked on a balcony room ( I have not yet had the pleasure ), I see nothing wrong with this deck, or at least in my experience. Our room was toward the back, yet we never felt any motion nor heard any unusual noises. We heard no noises from above either. Also as someone else has already said, it is great on port days. Just walk down one fllight of stairs to the gangplank. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived