Bow (Forward) Cabins on Freedom Class

chelles24

Hello!

Has anyone ever stayed in one of the bow or forward outside cabins on deck six of the Freedom class ships? Specifically 6508, 6506, 6504, 6204, 6206 or 6208. Any opinions on these cabins? Photos would especially be helpful. We are most interested in hearing about how much space there is on these cabins with their odd shapes and slanted outside wall. Also, how the view is and if others are able to walk around the outside of the cabin and possible view in.

Thanks so much!!!!

Our families stayed in the most forward D1 on Freedom deck six on the port side. If you look at other's pics, there is more space on the balcony with glass facing forward too. So you not only see out the side of the ship, but you can also look forward. There was a bar about waist high to try to prevent you from standing in the extra window area facing forward. It was a great spot to lay extra things. We liked being able to see forward. We had no trouble at all with privacy. The cabin itself had no extra room. We experienced no extra motion issues up front, but I am sure that depends on the waves. It is a long walk, but a great cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

We had the pleasure of staying in 9204 on Explorer. Now granted, it's not the same class or even the same deck, but I did want to offer you a picture of how our room was configured, and the view we had from our window. We loved this room and found it very comfortable. We enjoyed seeing where we were going and had pretty much a full view of the front of the ship, instead of just one side. Because we were up quite high we did feel the motion, I won't lie... we felt the bumps and the first night I was a little queazy. But we got used to it and enjoyed our cruise. We would definitely choose this room again and in fact, loved it so much we recommended it to our dinner companions who booked the same room for their future cruise. Gosh, hope they like it. ;)

Click on the thumbnails below for full pics.

2399753890090485240MecANH_th.jpg

2447277460090485240CZwwJD_th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

We had the pleasure of staying in 9204 on Explorer. Now granted, it's not the same class or even the same deck, but I did want to offer you a picture of how our room was configured, and the view we had from our window. We loved this room and found it very comfortable. We enjoyed seeing where we were going and had pretty much a full view of the front of the ship, instead of just one side. Because we were up quite high we did feel the motion, I won't lie... we felt the bumps and the first night I was a little queazy. But we got used to it and enjoyed our cruise. We would definitely choose this room again and in fact, loved it so much we recommended it to our dinner companions who booked the same room for their future cruise. Gosh, hope they like it. ;)

Click on the thumbnails below for full pics.

2399753890090485240MecANH_th.jpg

2447277460090485240CZwwJD_th.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures, they are wonderful and gives me a very good idea of how these cabins are. Do you get too much noise from people walking around the heliport?

We are booked in 6508 on Independance of the Seas for its transatlantic cruise to Southampton on 12 April 2009 so will eagerly await your review.

Elizabeth

We are on that cruise as well. We booked a guarantee, so we are also interested on forward cabins -- looks like that may be where we end up.

Elizabeth, you should drop by the meet & mingle forum for this cruise. It is very active [just passed 7000 posts] with cruisers from the US, UK and Canada [ and a couple others here and there]. It has a lot of information that might be helpful. We would love to share thoughts and even invite you to participate in activities if you have any interest.

D

I searched this topic, and the only threads I found (including this one) didn't tell me everything I'd like to know. We are looking at booking 4 bow (forward) cabins on the Indy for our family group, and I'd like to hear from more people about how they like these cabins before we commit.

Is the configuration of the cabin at all awkward (do you hit your head on ceiling, etc.)?

What about the view - is it as good as port or starboard view?

How is the ride (some say it is rougher at the front of the ship)?

Thanks to anyone who can provide more insight on these cabins!

Nano

I realize this is not the same class, but my husband and I have stayed in 2 of the forward cabins of deck of the Voyager class ships and have another one of these booked for our upcoming cruise. I really liked the corner rooms as they had two big windows to see where we were going, plus the triangular shape of the room seemed a little bigger than a regular outside stateroom.

No noise from the helipad, but on our Explorer cruise, we had a passenger medevac'ed off the ship by the Coast Guard......we were able to see the whole thing from our windows.

Is the configuration of the cabin at all awkward (do you hit your head on ceiling, etc.)?

What about the view - is it as good as port or starboard view?

How is the ride (some say it is rougher at the front of the ship)?

Nano, pardon me but did you see my post #6 above and see my pictures? I know Indy is not the same class, but I believe I answered two of your three questions.

There is no reason to hit your head on the ceiling; it is not lower than usual, and the angle of that one wall is not so dramatic that you will bump into it. It should not be an issue.

Thanks for sharing these pictures, they are wonderful and gives me a very good idea of how these cabins are. Do you get too much noise from people walking around the heliport?

You are most welcome and thank you for the compliment. I thought I killed this thread; no one else replied after me until today. ;)

There was no noise whatsoever, as stated by Scooby427. This room was completely soundproof, except for the sound of the fog horn which would have been heard anywhere onboard. :p

• 5 years later...
can you repost your pics? the link is broken - we are in 9204 next week and would love to see it! thanks!

I see this thread was revived but my apologies - we have taken our photos off Photobucket so they are no longer available to the public.

Have you tried a web-based search engine like Yahoo or Google? Sometimes you can find cabin pics online.

We stayed in 6206 on Freedom a few years ago and loved it!

It is a very large cabin, and the circular window is huge.

It has a great view of the helipad and the ocean beyond.

The bed was tucked under the slanting wall near the window making it a very cozy space. We did not hit our heads. This room just struck us as much larger than a typical outside (no balcony) cabin.

I don't think anyone could see in from outside on the helipad.