Vietnam Visas while sailing on Azamara

slp123

There were so many questions on this issue that I wanted to clear matters up. I am currently on board the Quest and have just completed our three Vietnam ports of call, traveling independently in each port. The staff arranged all so you fill out a landing card that gets stamped at your first port of call and that you keep with you each time you go ashore. Once on the pier the Vietnam official stamps and records your arrival and on the way back to the ship notates your embarkation back on the ship. That's all there is to it and Azamara charges $40 to handle all the paper work and get the visa (I suppose based on 3 ports). But because they quoted a number of us only $25 before the cruise (in writing) they are honoring that price.

More when I return.

There were so many questions on this issue that I wanted to clear matters up. I am currently on board the Quest and have just completed our three Vietnam ports of call, traveling independently in each port. The staff arranged all so you fill out a landing card that gets stamped at your first port of call and that you keep with you each time you go ashore. Once on the pier the Vietnam official stamps and records your arrival and on the way back to the ship notates your embarkation back on the ship. That's all there is to it and Azamara charges $40 to handle all the paper work and get the visa (I suppose based on 3 ports). But because they quoted a number of us only $25 before the cruise (in writing) they are honoring that price.

More when I return.

Thanks for posting the info. I am on the reverse itinerary starting in Singapore on the 17th January. I must remember to print out my confirmation email detailing the costs as mine also said $25 for Vietnam and I think $28 for Cambodia...

Would be great to hear how your cruise is going if you have the time...

Anne

• 4 months later...

I don't know if anyone still reads this thread. However, I wondered what confirmation email you are referring to on this thread. I booked through an on-line agency (as always). Therefore, I didn't get an email directly from Azamara when I booked, and I don't remember seeing it mentioned on the one I had. I will reread it again..

Also, I believe that a visa is necessary for China. What about that visa?

Thank you for posting this information. Did this apply to everyone on the ship, regardless of nationality. We are Australians and have been told by the Vietnam Embassy in Sydney that we do need to get visas. They seemed to ignore the part of my email that said we were on a cruise ship (Diamond Princess).

Beryl

Thank you for posting this information. Did this apply to everyone on the ship, regardless of nationality. We are Australians and have been told by the Vietnam Embassy in Sydney that we do need to get visas. They seemed to ignore the part of my email that said we were on a cruise ship (Diamond Princess).

Beryl

I'm also curious re Vietnam and Cambodia Visas. We booked directly with Azamara and as yet we don't have any information regarding visas.

I've checked the embassy websites and it sounds like we Aussies need visas for both these countries - it's just a matter of whether we have to get our own or if we get them through the ship!

We're not sailing until Jan 2010 so no real rush yet.

For anyone else who would like to know, I rang Princess in Sydney Australia today and was told quite definitely that anyone on Princess ships only needs a passport photo and the visa is organised on board for approx US$9.

Beryl

• 1 year later...

Have just got of the Quest from Singapore to Hong Kong. The visa fee was $30 for Vietnam and $28 for Cambodia - a passport photo (one for each) is also required but can be obtain on the ship for $10.

Please note that if you intend to stay off the ship overnight you will need to apply for a "different visa" on the ship which will cost a little more.

Am planning the Quest 3/29 - Hong Kong to Singapore - any other information, tours, tips that you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and welcome Home!

Come and join our roll call:D

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1009721

We have a lot of private tours booked and there is space on some still.

Archived