Dumb Elite Boarding ??

regnig

Since in the past we have always shown up at Port Everglades after they have started boarding or have had other non-Elite passengers in tow I'm just a bit confused as to what we should (as Elite) do if we get to the pier before they have started the boarding this year. If the line is winding its way out of the building (as it oft times does before noon) do we march up to the doorway and show our cards and then they let us in or do we just wait in the line for check-in and then proceed to the Elite waiting area? Either way it's not a big deal but I am curious as to what should be done if we show up at 10:30am or so.

Since in the past we have always shown up at Port Everglades after they have started boarding or have had other non-Elite passengers in tow I'm just a bit confused as to what we should (as Elite) do if we get to the pier before they have started the boarding this year. If the line is winding its way out of the building (as it oft times does before noon) do we march up to the doorway and show our cards and then they let us in or do we just wait in the line for check-in and then proceed to the Elite waiting area? Either way it's not a big deal but I am curious as to what should be done if we show up at 10:30am or so.

The Elite entry area is around the corner from the front of the line. ;)

We have found on occasion (Ruby Nov) that the separate entrance was not open due to a TA ship luncheon, in that case go to the right side of the front of the line.

The Elite entry area is around the corner from the front of the line. ;)

We have found on occasion (Ruby Nov) that the separate entrance was not open due to a TA ship luncheon, in that case go to the right side of the front of the line.

Are you saying that there's a separate Elite entrance line that forms to get into the terminal? If so, I've never seen it.

The only Elite line we even utilize is the one once inside the building (Elite check in desk).

We showed up to board the Ruby at around 10:30 and there was no line at all. Just walked right in and we were shown where the Elite waiting area was. Very easy embarkation.

We showed up to board the Ruby at around 10:30 and there was no line at all. Just walked right in and we were shown where the Elite waiting area was. Very easy embarkation.

Lynda would I be correct to assume (:o) that at that time they had not started actual check-in yet? If that's so, did they come get you once they started the check-in procedure?

Princess has the entire check-in procedure down so well it is hardly worth concerning myself over and hubby could care less (he loves to talk with folks in line) but thought I'd get the process down in case we ever wanted to take advantage of it.

Lynda would I be correct to assume (:o) that at that time they had not started actual check-in yet? If that's so, did they come get you once they started the check-in procedure?

Princess has the entire check-in procedure down so well it is hardly worth concerning myself over and hubby could care less (he loves to talk with folks in line) but thought I'd get the process down in case we ever wanted to take advantage of it.

Not so. We got to check-in as soon as we got into the building. We were then directed to where the Plantinum and Elite were supposed to sit. After boarding those with physical challanges, they called all Elite to line up to board. They also said to have the black cards ready to show and they did check them. It was very efficient and I was on in no time. Those who showed up at 1 PM or so, faced long lines. I watched it winding around from my cabin and was glad I got there early.

Not so. We got to check-in as soon as we got into the building. We were then directed to where the Plantinum and Elite were supposed to sit. After boarding those with physical challanges, they called all Elite to line up to board. They also said to have the black cards ready to show and they did check them. It was very efficient and I was on in no time. Those who showed up at 1 PM or so, faced long lines. I watched it winding around from my cabin and was glad I got there early.

Lynda, so I assume that the Platinum is in the same line as the Elite?? I still am Platinum(but just about Elite:D and we always get there early.

Marilyn

Well that sounds great, thanks Lynda. For some reason I had figured that the staff could not start processing "check-in" until a pre-set time. Just may have to give it a go this year. :D Barb

Yes, platinum and elite sit in the same waiting area but they will let Elite check in first. Well, they say Elite's go first but they don't look at anyone's boarding pass. There weren't that that many of us (probably 50) waiting to board so it didn't matter.

Thank you for that info.

Marilyn

Yes, platinum and elite sit in the same waiting area but they will let Elite check in first. Well, they say Elite's go first but they don't look at anyone's boarding pass. There weren't that that many of us (probably 50) waiting to board so it didn't matter.

They sure looked at the cards when our group boarded. And, there were lots and lots of Elite on the inaugural. And, they made it quite clear about Elite boarding before Platinum. But, either way, it goes very quickly once the boarding starts.

Lynda I don't recall checking in until 1200 noon on the Ruby.

They did let us in the waiting area but no check in.

You were on the same cruise right?? :p

Are you saying that there's a separate Elite entrance line that forms to get into the terminal? If so, I've never seen it.

The only Elite line we even utilize is the one once inside the building (Elite check in desk).

Yes,there is. When we used it there was no line. Walked right in. The main entrance, however, did have a line.

Yes I am saying that.

But like I said sometimes they use the main entrance.

The side door still goes to the same area.

Lynda I don't recall checking in until 1200 noon on the Ruby.

They did let us in the waiting area but no check in.

You were on the same cruise right?? :p

Don't know about you Keith, but I was in my cabin and on the phone making Chef's Table reservations at 11:45. There were 3 of us who came over together from our hotel and were able to check in immediately. We took a 10 AM or so shuttle from Plantation and didn't have to wait at all when we got to the terminal. Our shuttle was greeted by port staff who took our bags immediately. We walked right in and checked in and got our room cards. We then were directed to the Elite/Platinum area where we waited to board.

Yes I am saying that.

But like I said sometimes they use the main entrance.

The side door still goes to the same area.

That's great. I've never had much of a wait at the check in desks but having a special line outside on the terminal platform really make it a nice Elite perk. On one of our upcoming cruises we'll be arriving around 2 PM & I'm sure the lines will be very long at that time.

I think I read on Toto's Live from Grand that they now have a seperate area just for the Elites. You might look towards the front of it. I could be wrong as usual but you might try. We have always arrived early and used the front glass doors to get in early to the cattle holding area. The long line around the corner on the dock usually gets in later. I was told this is only for the big ships. The small ships still use the Dock doors. Bill

Don't the dumb elite board the same times as the smart elite???

No, because the dumb elite don't know enough to get into the priority line. :D

Don't the dumb elite board the same times as the smart elite???

No, because the dumb elite don't know enough to get into the priority line. :D

Okay folks, easy now please. I'll admit to being blond :eek: but believe it or not my deck has all 52, or is it 54, cards! ;):D;)

Archived