Dumb Elite Boarding ??

regnig

Okay folks, easy now please. I'll admit to being blond :eek: but believe it or not my deck has all 52, or is it 54, cards! ;):D;)

Well, if you only have 52, don't worry. You've found the two jokers. :D

Don't know about you Keith, but I was in my cabin and on the phone making Chef's Table reservations at 11:45. There were 3 of us who came over together from our hotel and were able to check in immediately. We took a 10 AM or so shuttle from Plantation and didn't have to wait at all when we got to the terminal. Our shuttle was greeted by port staff who took our bags immediately. We walked right in and checked in and got our room cards. We then were directed to the Elite/Platinum area where we waited to board.

HUH, we were all standing in the waiting area at 12:00. There was no check in until we left the elite waiting area. You were right by me in the first group. :confused:

Maybe you were still on Calie time.

HUH, we were all standing in the waiting area at 12:00. There was no check in until we left the elite waiting area. You were right by me in the first group. :confused:

Maybe you were still on Calie time.

Once again, beg to differ. Not very important anyway whether it was 11:45 or 12 PM so let's just agree to disagree and call it a day. :p:p

I do have a completely different question. I am supposed to be elite (long story). Can my family board early also, or do I leave my DH stranded in line with our DDs who will be 4 and 6 at the time?;)

Your family will check in with you.

I was waiting in the long line that goes down the front of the termail when the person passing out the health form ask me why I was in this line when I could already be on the ship. I wastold to walk to the end of the termail toward were the cabs wait and go in a small door in the corner. He then took us all the way in thru a lot of people waiting in a real hot big room and right up to the desk got our key cards and walked on to the ship. In all it took about 10 to 15 mins. When we got our cabin and drop off things and up to the buffett there were maybe 10 people having lunch. It was pretty neat. We sat at lunch and watch people come on broad. So look for the small doorway .Its to your right as you stand facing the termail, go around the corner and walk down to where the bluiding make a L shape its right there.

I do have a completely different question. I am supposed to be elite (long story). Can my family board early also, or do I leave my DH stranded in line with our DDs who will be 4 and 6 at the time?;)

I'm assuming that you are a Princess Academy Commodore? (Me too) :)

I had the same question, so I called Princess the other day and asked. They said that you will only receive the Elite amenities while onboard the ship, not during check in.

I'm assuming that you are a Princess Academy Commodore? (Me too) :)

I had the same question, so I called Princess the other day and asked. They said that you will only receive the Elite amenities while onboard the ship, not during check in.

Yes, I am. Man, I was really hoping for the priority check-in. I was wondering how it was going to work. Oh well, I guess I'll take what I can get!

I still have a question for the OP - What are considered "Dumb Elite" as opposed to "Smart Elite"?

Ron

Ok Ron, I was having a lazy morning, it was Sunday after all. Correctly worded the Title should have been "Dumb Question About Elite Priority Boarding". Knew the minute I hit submit it was not grammatically correct. :o

BUT, to answer your question, all Princess Elite are smart. If we (they) were dumb we'd be sailing on RCCL, HAL, Disney, Celebrity or one of the other lines. We are just SO SMART that we have earned our Elite status on the best. :D:D Barb

Ok Ron, I was having a lazy morning, it was Sunday after all. Correctly worded the Title should have been "Dumb Question About Elite Priority Boarding". Knew the minute I hit submit it was not grammatically correct. :o

BUT, to answer your question, all Princess Elite are smart. If we (they) were dumb we'd be sailing on RCCL, HAL, Disney, Celebrity or one of the other lines. We are just SO SMART that we have earned our Elite status on the best. :D:D Barb

I knew what you meant - just having fun. We earned our "elite" status the hard, expensive way, by taking 15 + cruises. Some folks are able to get it by just taking some kind of TA online course and test.

Ron

I knew what you meant - just having fun. We earned our "elite" status the hard, expensive way, by taking 15 + cruises. Some folks are able to get it by just taking some kind of TA online course and test.

Ron

Sorry, it's no "quickie" course! Obviously, Princess values the time and training effort these agents take.

I was waiting in the long line that goes down the front of the termail when the person passing out the health form ask me why I was in this line when I could already be on the ship. I wastold to walk to the end of the termail toward were the cabs wait and go in a small door in the corner. He then took us all the way in thru a lot of people waiting in a real hot big room and right up to the desk got our key cards and walked on to the ship. In all it took about 10 to 15 mins. When we got our cabin and drop off things and up to the buffett there were maybe 10 people having lunch. It was pretty neat. We sat at lunch and watch people come on broad. So look for the small doorway .Its to your right as you stand facing the termail, go around the corner and walk down to where the bluiding make a L shape its right there.

Thanks womancruiser, We normally get to the pier very early & don't need the Elite line but on one of our upcoming cruises we'll be a little late & it'll come in handy for sure.

Since Platinum folks get to wait with the Elite/Suite folks in the terminal can they also head to the "corner door"? We used it when we had a suite last year but didn't know if they would also let Platinums enter there.

Sorry, it's no "quickie" course! Obviously, Princess values the time and training effort these agents take.

I didn't mean to make kit sound easy, but you have to admit - it is cheaper than the price of 15 cruises or 150 days - right??

Ron

I didn't mean to make kit sound easy, but you have to admit - it is cheaper than the price of 15 cruises or 150 days - right??

Ron

Sorry, yes, you are soooo right! If I take two cruises a year, (current schedule) It'll take me 7 1/2 years!

Yes, I am. Man, I was really hoping for the priority check-in. I was wondering how it was going to work. Oh well, I guess I'll take what I can get!

Ok well, I just printed out my boarding pass and guess what? It says "eTicket Preferred Boarding Pass" and is green in color. My husband's says "eTicket Boarding Pass" and is blue in color. So I think it is safe to say that the Princess rep I spoke to didn't understand my question. ;)

It looks like you will have your priority check in afterall.

Since Platinum folks get to wait with the Elite/Suite folks in the terminal can they also head to the "corner door"? We used it when we had a suite last year but didn't know if they would also let Platinums enter there.

Sure, but not until the Elites are finished boarding.

I too am a princess commodore and from talking to others who have sailed on their pass you get all elite perks, including priority check in. I printed off my boarding pass and it is green with preferred boarding pass on it.

I too am a princess commodore and from talking to others who have sailed on their pass you get all elite perks, including priority check in. I printed off my boarding pass and it is green with preferred boarding pass on it.

What's a Princess commodore? The only way you get Elite perks is to be Elite or have a full suite.

Archived