If you sailed on the Liberty....

Perfect Stranger

...did you think it was ugly? I've read a couple of trip reports on this site, as well as the professional report, and it sounds as if the decor is awful. It does, however, have a good itinerary. I hear Half Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful. Is that the only 7-day Carnival cruise that goes there?

I know there was another thread asking if people would rather have the more attractive ship or better itinerary and the responses overwhelmingly favored the prettier ship. Is the Liberty that bad?

...did you think it was ugly? I've read a couple of trip reports on this site, as well as the professional report, and it sounds as if the decor is awful. It does, however, have a good itinerary. I hear Half Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful. Is that the only 7-day Carnival cruise that goes there?

I know there was another thread asking if people would rather have the more attractive ship or better itinerary and the responses overwhelmingly favored the prettier ship. Is the Liberty that bad?

Huh?? Ugly?? I sailed on the Liberty last April and out of the 3 ships we've sailed on it's by far my favorite for decor. Nothing ugly about it in my opinion. I haven't read that people find the Liberty ugly.

When I'm considering a cruise I go to webshots and search for the particular cruise I'm interested in. This is the link for a similar search for the Liberty ...http://www.webshots.com/search?query=carnival+liberty&new=1&source=chromeheader

While I dont pick ships based on ship decor. Liberty is one of the most gorgeous ships in the fleet.

If you are looking for understated ship, Carnival doesnt really offer that. There are some spots on Liberty they are waaaay over the top, but overall its a beautiful ship.

In October I can not recall anything that stood out as ugly. Most of the decor was just fine. There was this one morning when I saw something that almost scared me after a late night at the disco. But then I just realized I was looking in a mirror and that is what I look like with a hangover:rolleyes:

Our 1st Carnival crusie was on Liberty and everything about her is outstanding. If the only ship available ever again was the Liberty then I would consider myself blessed indeed! Her sister the Valor is equally great.

Perfect Stranger,

We've sailed her three times and plan to again. The reviews stating she's an ugly ship are bogus. ;)

We sailed on her in Nov 2008. We were very impressed with the decor. Lots of wood look in the cabins and less gaudy colors than in the past. We were very happy with the ship.

Having been on a bunch of the most recent Carnival ships I'd say the Liberty was actually quite attractive! Definitely one of the most attractive in the fleet IMHO. Only exception was the Hot & Cool Disco, which was hideous lol.

Archived