Ship Photographers

krystalkruzer

We were on the Triumph this past January & saw a lady in the picture area taking her own pictures of the ones that the photographers took. I wonder how they looked?? Might have to try that to see how they turn out. Then you won't have to pay for them!!:D:D

The photographers' work is copyrighted so doing this is flat out theft. But if you're ok with that go right ahead. :mad:

We like having our picture taken - especially on formal night. I don't think I've ever looked good on the boarding photo - too much travel stress. The funniest thing that ever happened to us with the photographers was when a Carnival photographer stopped us at one port to take our picture. We posed and went on our way - we didn't tell him we had just gotten off a Celebrity ship! I've been on 4 different cruise lines and I think Celebrity has the best photographers.

When they come at dinner, I grab my camera and take a picture of them first. Since doing that, never had a problem being bothered for the rest of the cruise.

LOL I'll have to try that next time; usually a no thank you is enough to deter them, but sometimes in the dining room they are more assertive. Maybe they feel they have a captive audience there.

When you go on a bunch of cruises and you don't buy new formal wear for each cruise, seriously, how many pictures do I need of myself in the same 3 or 4 dresses?!??!?!

We DO get formal shots of our daughter every time she cruises with us, because she grows and changes each year. And we also take at least a couple family shots to choose from too when she is with us. But when DH and I go on a Mommy/Daddy cruise without her we really don't do the formal shots.

I think the shots wile you are eating dinner are extraordinarily rude. I am trying to enjoy a nice meal and hopefully interesting conversation with my table mates and they don't even say excuse me when they come to the table. NEVER in a million years would you find a photographer at a nice land based restaurant just butting in like that.

I also dislike when they set up on the gangway. Give me the option of coming to you. Don't create a bottleneck in a small area and block the only single file exit from the ship!

Oddly enough, our very BEST pictures have come from our least favorite cruise (Disney)

well since we all know about the negatives about the carnival papparazi how bout the positives. Im getting engaged hopefully on the valor and wanted a papparazi to take a few shots on our balcony after she says yes (hopefully). Has anyone done this. Do they go the extra mile to get good shots or do they put u in dull boring poses?

We were on the Triumph this past January & saw a lady in the picture area taking her own pictures of the ones that the photographers took. I wonder how they looked?? Might have to try that to see how they turn out. Then you won't have to pay for them!!:D:D

That's not permitted....and there are signs all over the place stating it is not. If you are caught, they can and will confiscate your memory stick, erase it and give it back to you.

It's a good idea to read the information posted all over the photo area stating these - and other consequences.

well since we all know about the negatives about the carnival papparazi how bout the positives. Im getting engaged hopefully on the valor and wanted a papparazi to take a few shots on our balcony after she says yes (hopefully). Has anyone done this. Do they go the extra mile to get good shots or do they put u in dull boring poses?

we had friends who renewed their vows on the Imagination and their package included a photographer and x number of shots. I will say this - their pics turned out GORGEOUS.

I really think it depends on the photographer - we have had some gorgeous shots where we had a hard time picking which ones to buy and we have had cruise where we could not find a single good shot to purchase. It can be very hit or miss.

I want to be one! What a job! Where do I sign up?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/fun_jobs/shipboard_photographer.aspx

Shipboard Photographer

We are looking for individuals with photography experience and outgoing personality to work as photographers on board our FunShips. Professional, customer-oriented attitude and willingness to learn is key. Great opportunity to travel and meet people from around the world.

Responsibilities include:

Shooting, processing and selling digital photography on board. These include, but are not limited to, guest pictures of embarkation, portraits, gangways at the ports of call, dining room, pool/deck, and weddings.

Selling retail items such as cameras, batteries, digital media, folios, albums, etc.

The shipboard photographer reports directly to the Photo Manager and must adhere to all shipboard rules and regulations, including dress code. This is an 8-month on, 8-week off, onboard position for which a valid passport is necessary. We are also hiring for the shorter Alaska season of May through September. We will provide your airfare; all necessary equipment such as cameras, lenses, flashes, media cards, tripods, flash meter; and a full set of uniforms. Due to the limited space onboard, it is necessary to share a cabin with someone of the same gender. Phone and internet communication to shore side is available for a nominal fee. Please note some web sites are restricted due to limitations in satellite communications bandwidth.

Please send your resume and cover letter to photodepartmentrecruit@carnival.com. Do not send web-linked resumes.

Resumes are reviewed every two to three months as our needs dictate. You will receive notification when your resume is reviewed. All resumes will be kept in our database for at least six months after being reviewed.

I usually say a simple "No Thank You" and most of the time it works. We just got off the Inspiration, and we were hounded outside of the dining room. The Pirate grabbed us for a pic, so my mother and I politely took the picture. The pirate was standing by my mom but then moved to my side. He then proceeded to feel up and down my entire backside...it was very innappropriate and took the fun out of all future pics. :( Ladies be careful!! We have simply went back to avoiding all picture opportunities.

We were also a little annoyed by the multiple pictures during dinner. They would just come up right behind you and take a pic. I thought it was very rude to startle people while they are eating their meal and having good conversation with their tablemates. We were on the Legand a few months ago and never were bothered that much by the photographers. They would take pics during meals but usually waited until you didn't have food in your mouth or were betweent plates.

I agree there is a time and a place. The set ups are nice for those who like the pics and the gangways usually don't bother me too much either.

I"m probably the only one, but I like the photographers getting on and off the ship, those pictures are great for the scrapbook - with the port name!

And while I enjoyed looking through the photos and see everyone else's too, I do wish they would go digital. It would save SO much photo paper. Maybe you can still view everyones on some sort of digital kisosk.

Woo Hoo!

Dream 2010

Years ago, We once had an overly assertive photographer on the Glory during dinner.

The guy would not take no for an answer and took a photo anyway. I asked him to delete it, he said he couldn't. He then indicated that the terms and conditions of the cruise contract allow him to take any picture he wants for any reason (sadly, this is true). He then proceeded to take two more pictures.

All cruise lines lost on this one, as we now do anything to avoid a ships photographer.

As cheap as that is, I've seen people taking pictures of their pictures. :eek:

Normally a simple "no thanks" works or just walking past their set up at the end of the gangway. On my last cruise though we were eating dinner and I said no thanks but he kept taking pictures. I said "no thank you sir" and he kept doing it so I said "STOP" and he got the idea. It was funny though because this was a 19 day cruise and I was 21 and my friend was 20 so we were by far the youngest in the dining room. Most of the time they wouldn't even bother coming up to us..I loved it! :D

Normally a simple "no thanks" works or just walking past their set up at the end of the gangway. On my last cruise though we were eating dinner and I said no thanks but he kept taking pictures. I said "no thank you sir" and he kept doing it so I said "STOP" and he got the idea. It was funny though because this was a 19 day cruise and I was 21 and my friend was 20 so we were by far the youngest in the dining room. Most of the time they wouldn't even bother coming up to us..I loved it! :D

kind of OT -

are you the one with the youtube videos of your life on NCL in Hawaii? I subscribe! Love it! Can't wait for more!

kind of OT -

are you the one with the youtube videos of your life on NCL in Hawaii? I subscribe! Love it! Can't wait for more!

Yup thats me! Keep an eye out I will be putting updates soon. Also bookmark my blog www.shipblogger.com I'm going to be putting a update on in about 15 minutes.

Thanks for subscribing also!!

James

Archived