Ship Photographers

krystalkruzer

Is there anybody who would like to see them disappear ? Regent and Silversea have done away with them and I wish Carnival would.They can get to be a pest at times.

They don't bother me at all. I either just let them click away or walk right past them with a smile on my face and a "no thanks" on my lips.

Nobody is forcing anyone to have their picture taken or to purchase them.:rolleyes:

Is there anybody who would like to see them disappear ? Regent and Silversea have done away with them and I wish Carnival would.They can get to be a pest at times.

I don't mind the photographers that stand by backdrops on "elegant" nights, but having your picture taken by someone every time you leave the ship, or grabbing you on your way in or out of dinner to take your picture with a pirate, ape, showgirl, etc. is a little annoying. IMHO places should be set up for those that WANT a picture, but those that don't want one wouldn't have to stop and be annoyed. It would save on wasted prints and make it easier to find pictures you did want.

DW and I get tons of pictures taken, most of which go in the recycle containers. We do buy the ones we like and send at least one from each cruise to my parents. If you don't want a picture just ignore them!

agree with mudpie.

To me, having photographers on the gangway as you debark at a port is the MOST annoying, PITA irritant on CCL cruises. Just because it is such a PITA and holds up the line of people getting off the ship, I would never stop and have a photo taken just on principle.

Other than that, I think the photographers are ok.

I don't mind the photographers that stand by backdrops on "elegant" nights, but having your picture taken by someone every time you leave the ship, or grabbing you on your way in or out of dinner to take your picture with a pirate, ape, showgirl, etc. is a little annoying. IMHO places should be set up for those that WANT a picture, but those that don't want one wouldn't have to stop and be annoyed. It would save on wasted prints and make it easier to find pictures you did want.

I agree with you on this one. It is annoying when they stop you coming out for dinner. And after eating sometimes you don't look your best! I don't like when they come out around during the dinner and want to take a picture of you, either. I just want to be left alone to eat, not worry about someone coming around to take my picture.

There was one on the Elation that was just fabulous...took the best pictures of any cruise ship I've been on. We actually seeked her out so she would be the ones to take our dress up night pictures or if she was on the pier. I wonder if they are paid by what you buy? I am a real sucker for them for sure. Not every day I get a nice picture with my DH.

Photographs are a HUGE revenue generator for cruiselines, especially those that cater to families. I dont have a problem with them being on the ship or at the gangway, its just a min or two delay.

LOL I love the photographers. I am a ham and I take as many pictures as I can! My fav thing to do is walk through the picture area and find our groups pictures.

LOL I love the photographers. I am a ham and I take as many pictures as I can! My fav thing to do is walk through the picture area and find our groups pictures.

I still keep hoping to find a picture of myself that looks good. So far they all still look like me. :confused:

We don't even look at the pictures anymore, and usually tell the photographers 'no thanks'. The bottleneck they create when disembarking ship at ports is a bit annoying, but like the other's say, if it keeps my cruise price down, so be it.

A polite "no thank you" has always worked for me when I don't want the pictures taken. On our first few cruises the formal portraits were a nice opportunity - we had never in all our years together had any pictures made of DH and me. I actually really hope they don't get rid of the gangway photos - those seem to turn out best for us (I do much better in natural lighting) and they are a nice reminder of various ports we've been to with the date on them. :)

I have 4 boys and we travel in a group with 9 boys. The kids are all seasoned cruisers and they pose for the photographers. Nothing funnier than browsing the picture area and finding the kids silly pictures. They never take a serious picture...they are always doing something funny.

I do hate when the gangway is slow because of the pictures, though.

I usually don't like pictures of myself, but have found a few good ones taken on the cruise ship. Mostly I don't bother with pictures, but on my cruise in September, I'll have my family with me, so I'll definitely want to make use of the photographers.

We were on the Triumph this past January & saw a lady in the picture area taking her own pictures of the ones that the photographers took. I wonder how they looked?? Might have to try that to see how they turn out. Then you won't have to pay for them!!:D:D

The only ones that really annoy me are the pictures taken on the gangway as you exit the ship because they slow everybody down. I prefer it when they have the pictures set up at ports past the gangway so that people who want to stop can and those who don't can just walk by.

All the others, including dinner pictures, you can take or not take if you choose by saying no thank you or walking by. Most of the time for me it's just easier to let them take a quick picture though even if I know I'm not going to buy it.

I do like taking some pictures and then just buying the ones that I like. I think that if you didn't have the photographers and videographers, you'd have an even bigger outcry from the people that like it and are willing to spend the money on it.

One thing I wish that they would do is set it up by some kind of electronic system instead of having to print them all. If they gave everyone a card at boarding that the photographers could swipe when they take your picture, then have several computers set up for people to look at their pictures and pick the ones that they want to buy in the size that they want to buy or even offer a CD for a certain price of all the pictures (something like Disney has), that would be awesome!

I love having our picture taken on our cruises! I remember how much I loved having so many to choose from on our first cruise. To me it's all part of the cruise experience. I'd hate to see it be taken away esp since so many people seem to enjoy it. Of course after several cruises it may not hold the same excitement for me...but it should still be available for those that enjoy it. We had dinner mates once that refused to have their picture taken including their embarking picture. It was their first cruise and they had heard that photographers were high pressure salesmen. How sad since there really is no pressure at all :(

They don't really bother me. I just say "no thanks". The only pics we have taken on a regular basis is the embarkation photo if it is on a ship that we had not been on before or if we are with a group.

An exception to this rule happened on our Jan 5 Fantasy cruise. One of the ship photagraphers shot a candid of me shooting pictures with my SLR. We bought that one. It is very rare that I get photographed!

Archived