S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Thank you both for your knowledge and help. I really appreciate your time and dedication to this board.

Enjoy your future cruising and again many thanks for all of you efforts. You have shown me what I was seeking.

Agree entirely with the previous review on the spreadsheet. Closet doors still a bit dodgy, they stick or come off the rollers slightly but easily fixed. Attendant still parks his trolley opposite the entrance (with all the same benefits as previously reported!)

Very comfortable cabin, would happily stay here again.

SHIP: Celebrity Eclipse

CABIN #: 1604

DECK (#): 11

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Hump/Angle

BED NEAR: Veranda

QUIET?: Yes. Except for some noise from deck above at times. Very close to the elevators, yet mainly very quiet.

BALCONY VIEW: A little restricted to stern

BALCONY SIZE: Larger, first on the hump, quite shaded.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not on our cruise.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: A little noisy when deck furniture being moved, but not a problem for us. We loved the cabin, and have booked it again.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 8265

DECK (#): 8

CLASS: 1B

AREA: Hump

BED NEAR: Veranda

QUIET?: Fairly quiet. You could hear the music from the atrium but not offensive.

BALCONY VIEW: Partial film from "X".

BALCONY SIZE: Normal.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location but did not care for the reflective film on the balcony.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1626

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – VERY quiet.

Balcony View - No obstructions - View of the ports which I preferred . . . . watching people get on/off . . . the cities etc.

Balcony Size? Normal but plenty of room

Was wind a problem? No

Pefect location. Only maybe 20 steps to the elevators. Cabins above so no noise from the pool deck. I was worried about ship movement being up so high, but wanted Aqua class. Barely felt any movement at all. I loved having the sitting area closer to the balcony. Nice to sit on at the desk area and have natural lighting for makeup etc.

CABIN #: 6259

DECK (#): Deck 6 - Continental

CLASS: 2C

AREA: Port

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes. A few creaks when crossing the Bay of Biscay, but otherwise very quiet.

BALCONY VIEW: Partly obstructed. The balcony is private, looking down on the lifeboats and lifeboat supports.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We would choose this cabin again (if the price reflected the obstruction). Beds are very comfortable. We had been concerned about having an obstructed view, but it did not worry us and we ended up enjoying a lot of time on the balcony. There is a new smell in the cabin, so had to leave the balcony door open a lot, which was ok as the weather was good.

SHIP: Celebrity Equinox

CABIN #: 1602

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Starboard in front of hump

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes. Except for some noise from deck above at times. Very close to the elevators, yet mainly very quiet.

BALCONY VIEW: A little restricted to stern

BALCONY SIZE: Regular size.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not on our cruise.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: I thought closet access was a bit restricted. And, in general, in don't like the bedside tables.

CABIN #: 8271

CLASS: 1B Balcony

AREA: Port, midships, in middle of hump

QUIET?: Yes. Convenient location - very close to the elevators, mainly quiet - but could hear some music from Atrium when stood near cabin door - not loud enough to affect sleep.

BALCONY VIEW: Uninterrupted - on hump, can see a little of prom deck below. Note this balcony is resticted by the X on other Solstice class ships - but there is no X on Eclipse. Balcony glass is completely clear.

BALCONY SIZE: Regular size - plenty of room for 2 chairs & table.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No issues - was glad balcony glass was clear!

HI has anyone got any info on cabin 6251 I can't find any on here yet, I am so excited bout goin on the Eclipse and want as much info as possible :)

This is the 2nd time you've posted a question on this thread about specific cabins, and you were asked then Not to do that, so we will ask you Not to do it, again. This thread is to provide cabin information that posters have stayed in, not to ask about cabins. Please either go to your Roll Call or the Celebrity forum to ask.

Again, do not post cabin questions here.

Denny

Edited by Denny01

CABIN #: 7293

CLASS: 2B Veranda

AREA: Port, toward aft

QUIET?: Yes.

BALCONY VIEW: The specialty restaurants jut out just below so when looking down you see the blue rooftop, but it's really not a big deal. Great views coming into ports.

BALCONY SIZE: Regular size - plenty of room for 2 chairs & table.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems. It is the biggest stateroom we have been in and our first with a balcony and probably won't go back to oceanview or interior. The bathroom was also pretty awesome. Plenty of storage space and love the doors on the shower instead of those thin shower curtains that we've had before. The walk to the stairs and elevators tho was a little bit of a hike.

SHIP: Celebrity Solstice

CABIN #: 1538

CLASS: Aqua Class - Handicapped Accessible

AREA: Near forward elevators and lower level of the spa

BED NEAR: center of room

QUIET?: Very quiet

BALCONY VIEW: We could watch them on the bridge when we were pulling out of port. Very interesting to watch

BALCONY SIZE: About 1 1/2 times the width of a non-handicapped accessible cabin.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems. Space was very adequate for the wheelchair. I was pleasantly surprised that we did not flood the bathroom each time one of us took a shower (no lip on the shower).

Edited by bubbie617

This is the 2nd time you've posted a question on this thread about specific cabins, and you were asked then Not to do that, so we will ask you Not to do it, again. This thread is to provide cabin information that posters have stayed in, not to ask about cabins. Please either go to your Roll Call or the Celebrity forum to ask.

Again, do not post cabin questions here.

Sorry I only just realised what you wrote

Denny

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 8304

Deck: 8 (Vista)

Class: 1C

Area: Starboard and Aft

Bed Near: Balcony

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: Clear horizon view; lifeboat was 3 decks down

Balcony Size: Normal (2 chairs and round table)

Wind: Normal for a side balcony

Soot: Not a problem

Problems/Comments: None

CABIN #: 9354

DECK (#): 9

CLASS: 3C

AREA: Starboard, towards aft

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: standard w/2 chairs that can recline, footstools for each and a small table

WIND A PROBLEM?: NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Great cabin, veranda and location. It was a walk from the elevators to get to the room but we needed the walk due to all the great food we ate!

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1603

DECK (#): 11 Penthouse

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Port, just aft of midship; on hump.

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Some noise from pool area above but quiet overnight. See Problems/Comment below.

BALCONY VIEW: Unrestricted to bow; restricted by hump to stern.

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized

WIND A PROBLEM?: Balcony facing bow, so perhaps a little more than non-hump cabins.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very good location near central elevators & library. Some creaking noise from junction of wall/ceiling near end of bed - only evident when seas not calm. Deck Fitter attended to it but problem only partially fixed (cruise on 21 May 2010).

Cabin 8215 On the ECLIPSE, not Equinox, as stated above - Sorry!

Vista deck

Port side

Balcony cabin with unimpeded view straight out, but lifeboats one or two decks below, so view straight down to the water wasn't possible. Still a good view, and probably the standard for a "non-hump" cabin on this deck.

Bed was closer to the bathroom than the balcony

There was a gigantic noise problem on the May 7, 2010 inaugural sailing. It kept us up most nights. We were told by 2 different engineers/technicians that there is a main drainage pipe running through the wall of this cabin's bathroom. (We saw the pipe when we asked the tech to take the hall panel off for us so we could see just what the heck was causing the noise. There was no visible insulation around the pipe. However, the noise was barely perceptible in the corridor, unless you had your ear near the wall and it was quiet in the hall. Closing the bathroom door helped to some extent, but we still both usually had to medicate ourselves to be able to sleep through it, which I do only in extreme circumstances as my sleep apnea is worse when I am under sedation.) One engineer said that it was the drainage pipe for the pool(s), which made sense, because the Solarium pool was in line above our cabin, several floors up, and it is open until 10PM and the noise would begin around 10:30 to 11PM and continue through much of the night. The other technician said that it was the drainage pipe for a large block of cabins' "black water". I think that the pipe served both purposes, as the noise went on for many hours throughout the night AND there were lots of loud flushing sounds. However, we didn't hear the noise during the day. The sounds were as if large metallic balls of water (yes I know that is a strange description, but two other cruisers who told me that they had the same problem stated that this description of the noise is an accurate one) were being hurled into the cabin wall, and frequently it sounded as if someone was shoving a metal cart into the cabin wall.

We complained to Guest Relations about this almost daily. Two thirds of the way into the cruise, the second engineer said only "new ship" when we asked him about it, so I am hoping that it can be remedied in time. We actually missed the 11AM Cruise Connections gathering on the second morning of the cruise, a sea day, because neither of us was able to fall asleep until after 7 AM and the gathering was scheduled for 11 AM. We woke up at 1:15 PM.

Early in the cruise we were told that our problem had been passed on and that "they will drain the pool during the day", however, with the pool being open until 10PM, that wasn't possible.

This cabin should be radically discounted by Celebrity. However, I wouldn't be willing to stay in it again even if I got it for 1/2 the price of a noise-free cabin. Perhaps it would be okay for a deaf person, but sounds that loud, jarring and close by might be felt vibrationally by a hearing impaired person who is sensitive.

Let's hope they get this fixed soon!

Susan

Edited by Beach Nut

Deck: Sunrise; Deck 7

Cabin #: 7200

Class: 2B

Side: Starboard

Bed was close to bathroom

Quiet: Very much so. The cabin is about ten feet from the forward elevators and we never once heard them.

Balcony View: Tremendous. No obstructions and we got several great photos from the balcony.

Wind: Not a problem

We loved this cabin and if we were to sail on a Solstice class ship again we would probably request the same one.

The only comment I would have is the lack of an electrical outlet near the bed. I brought my CPAP machine and was unable to use it as there was no plug nearby.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 1576

Deck: 11 (Aqua Class)

Area: Starboard Mid

Bed Near: Balcony

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: Clear view between two humps; under large overhang very shady

Balcony Size: Normal (2 chairs and round table)

Wind: Normal for a side balcony

Soot: Not a problem

Problems/Comments: None

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 1575

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Occasional noise from pool deck above and loud voices next door.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Beautiful view of ports on Western Carib

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments?

Deck - Continental

Cabin # - 6270

Class – 2C

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – You could hear neighbors next door; always heard neighbors opening and closing doors, i.e. slamming; "creaking" cabin sounds at night; could hear music from Ensemble Lounge on Deck 5 at certain times.

Balcony View - View of tenders was not really an issue. Couldn't see down to water. Something that we weren't prepared for was the lifeboats and Deck 5 were lit at night so you couldn't see the stars, just illuminated orange tenders.

Balcony Size? - Normal, very comfortable size with two adjustable chairs and table.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? Thought this was a wonderful location. Would book this category again.

Deck - 16 - Penthouse Deck on Solstice

Cabin # - 1664

Class – Concierge Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Only the balcony was loud because our neighbors insisted on talking too loudly. Otherwise very quiet inside.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony is angled so you can look up the entire ship but you can't see much toward the aft. This really isn't a problem.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly larger becasue of the angle

Was wind a problem? Wind was not a problem on the balcony

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No soot problems at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems, all the way in the aft so if you mind the walking it might be an issue for you

Any other comments? None

Edited by mkclaus
update ship name