Stateroom Assignment

tradingspaces

I booked a BF balcony guarantee quite some time ago and final payment day has come and gone. At the time there was still a lot of stateroom availability on this particular cruise. Everything is now waitlisted. I still have not been assigned a stateroom. I have read on these boards that in some cases you don't get your room assignment until you check in. But because everything is waitlisted I am just wondering how that works. Is this a good thing or a not so good thing?

I think it's a good thing. I bet you'll get a good upgrade. Many times when I have booked a gaurantee, I have gotten an upgrade and assignment right away, but that's not always the case and it doesn't mean either way that waiting is worse. I think it possibly could be even better. Good luck. Let us know.

Colo Cruiser - It is March 4 Golden Princess to Hawaii. Very excited.

Just keep checking your Princess Personalizer. Most gurantee assignments show up there even before you might be contacted by Princess or your TA. Since it's after final payment, unless it is one of those cases where it doesn't show up until boarding, my guess will be you will have a stateroom assigned sometime in the next month! Hope you get a good assignment. ;)

Thank you for the replies. So even though it is showing everything waitlisted I guess they must keep some cabins available for us BFer's...lol. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Oh Yea, as long as you have a guaranteed booking, they WILL have a stateroom for you, no worry about that one. ;)

We have never done a guarantee because we like to pick exactly what stateroom we want.

I understand that booking with a guarantee is cheaper but I am afraid that we will be put right by a elevator bank or some other undesirable place. My husband is a light sleeper can can't be by the elevator/stair case (I would sleep right though it!).

Are those usually the cabins that are awarded or could it be anywhere on the ship (within that category of course unless you're upgraded).

We have never done a guarantee because we like to pick exactly what stateroom we want.

I understand that booking with a guarantee is cheaper but I am afraid that we will be put right by a elevator bank or some other undesirable place. My husband is a light sleeper can can't be by the elevator/stair case (I would sleep right though it!).

Are those usually the cabins that are awarded or could it be anywhere on the ship (within that category of course unless you're upgraded).

Actually this isn't so with Princess. If you book a guarantee BF stateroom, you pay the exact rate as someone that booked an assigned BF stateroom in this category. The difference is that with Princess if the BF's oversell, then you will be bumped up to a higher category that isn't selling as well.

But the category you book, whether assigned or as a guarantee, will cost you exactly the same. ;)

I booked a guarentee BF cabin for the CB's July 17th cruise. Yesterday I got an e-mail from Princess. I have been upgraded to a BA and assigned a room!!! I have never had an upgrade this early - way before final payment is due.

Good luck with your assignment. I wish I were going to Hawaii in ANT cabin!!:D

Having booked a guarantee, you will get assigned a cabin in your booked category or higher.

Just like the airlines, Princess may overbook with a statistical history that a certain number of bookings will be cancelled even after final payment.

If this does not occur, Princess will make "moveover" offers to some passengers to change their cruise to a later date. Such an offer usually comes with a big financial incentive, for example, full refund for one passenger. Through such offers, Princess will be sure that your guaranteed booking will receive a cabin.

Those on a waitlist will only get onboard once all guarantees are taken care of if there is then still some room.

Your guaranteed booking is also at the price you booked at. Those who clear the waitlist will normally pay the higher price in effect at that time for a basically sold out ship.

I booked a guarentee BF cabin for the CB's July 17th cruise. Yesterday I got an e-mail from Princess. I have been upgraded to a BA and assigned a room!!! I have never had an upgrade this early - way before final payment is due.

Good luck with your assignment. I wish I were going to Hawaii in ANT cabin!!:D

Wow that is a great upgrade. From a BF to a BA, it can't get much better than that. I agree any cabin would be great. I just need that balcony though.

You will definitely have at least the category you booked. Twice I have turned up at the pier to be told what cabin I have (no upgrade) and twice I have heard beforehand through the Personalizer.

The first time I thought I was sleeping in the lifeboat and made arrangements on the Roll Call for food and a wake up call. Fortunately I did get a cabin though.

We are sailing on Jan 29th and just received our guarantee inside cabin last week. We got upgraded from a category M to a JJ. We are traveling with a friend who booked a balcony guarantee and I think they wanted to allow us to be on the same deck. We are very pleased.

We sailed on the Ruby in Nov on their inaugural. We booked a BD guarantee, and ended up on the Caribe deck in a BA. We got our assignment a couple of months before sailing, and were very pleased with our room assignment.

I too have a guaranty room (inside) for a cruise leaving in ten days. I've been checking for a while and still have nothing. I hope to have an upgrade. It would be nice to see some sunlight.

I am also booked on the Crown leaving in 10 days. I booked a guaranty room also and still don't have an assignment. I hope that is good news, but who knows? I guess we'll see.

You will definitely have at least the category you booked. Twice I have turned up at the pier to be told what cabin I have (no upgrade) and twice I have heard beforehand through the Personalizer.

The first time I thought I was sleeping in the lifeboat and made arrangements on the Roll Call for food and a wake up call. Fortunately I did get a cabin though.

Some of the lifeboats are pretty big. Most with great ocean views. A few with balcony's:rolleyes: Some even have bathrooms. Never seen a shower though.

One of those big tender boats might not be so bad.:confused::)

And you'd get priorty tender disembarkation at every port that uses tenders.

It is true that there is no financial benefit to booking a guaranty. And unless you mark your account "no upgrade" you are just as likely to get an upgrade from an assigned cabin as from a GTY.

We generally book a cabin if there is one available that we like. Otherwise, we book a GTY. While we have gotten "upgrades" within our same stateroom type, we have never received a true upgrade from Princess. Of course, we always book mini-suites, so the chances are a lot less than if we were in a lesser category. For our upcoming sailing on the Crown we booked an AE GTY and were assigned an AA.

I wonder what factors Princess uses to deterine whether to upgrade a GTY or other room. Depending on when they book, some passengers receive lower rates for a specific category than others (someone may book an M for $800 per week only to meet someone on the ship who booked an M several weeks later for $500 per week). As between those two people, I wonder whether Princess cares which to upgrade. I also wonder whether the number of past cruises makes a difference.

Trying to figure out the process may not be possible, especially if it is random.

• 4 weeks later...

So 14 days to go before we leave on the Golden and we still haven't been assigned a Stateroom. The waiting is driving me nuts...lol. I am so tempted to call my TA to give Princess a call but worried that just might mess up any upgrade Princess might have planned for us :D. What do the experts think?

Not to worry - you will get your cabin! Maybe the wait means something good, who knows?

Where in Alberta are you from? We, too are from Alberta and have a BC cabin on the March 4 Hawaii cruise. Have you joined the roll call? Hopefully, we'll see you on board, if the upgrade fairy does her magic!

Not to worry - you will get your cabin! Maybe the wait means something good, who knows?

Where in Alberta are you from? We, too are from Alberta and have a BC cabin on the March 4 Hawaii cruise. Have you joined the roll call? Hopefully, we'll see you on board, if the upgrade fairy does her magic!

We are on the same cruise....wow, small world. We are from Edmonton. How about you? I just might have to join the roll call. We have never had luck in the past. We always seem to miss the cc's get together. This is our 4th Princess cruise and we haven't seen the upgrade fairy yet....so my fingers are crossed...lol. That would be great to met someone from close to home. What kind of excursions have you booked?

Archived