Gambling in Bermuda while docked?

CCaroleAnn

DH is NOT a shopper but even he loved going to Trimingham's after dinner. I have a blouse I bought at Trim's and even though it's one I could have gotten at home, there's still something special about it everytime I wear it. We didn't go over to Hamilton last year but may this time but not to shop. A.S. Copper in St. George will have to do. I think Vera Card is gone from St. George where I got my favorite longtail pendant.:(

At least A.S. Cooper is still in business! We've bought many items from them over the years.

Since it is our vacation we will decide what the relevant issues are for us---so no need for further lectures about safe sewage!

Not having a store open on the ship for several days in a row is inconvenient but we will deal with it if needed! (must remember toothpaste, mascara--stuff like that!)

Most shopping is far away from the ship so would not compete with Hamilton..which offers a different kind of shopping for those who like to shop while on vacation

we look forward to the views, quaint houses. museums, gardens & some nice lunches out......we do recall that everything was quite pricey when we were there many yrs ago so we will stick to the budget & enjoy our onboard hotel experience!

maybe the gambling & store issues will be resolved prior to our trip!

The Bermudian, current, Premier Ewart Brown did another End Run .. this is second in a very short time.

He told everyone the VoTE would not be done till the next session.. but tried to push the Gambling Bill thorough when many were away. he did that also with the US Prisoners in CUBA too.:mad:

Yes those are called END Runs.. <+++>

The Bermudian Islands I MHO needs Smaller Ships again and as well all Cruisers know ..not many are being built now except the LARGE Ones.

Thats why they are finally going to widen the Panama Canal..

On Gambling it is a personal choice.

But as a perfect example look what happened to New Jersey here. It was voted DOWN THREE TIMES.

Once voted in GAMBLING , on promises of no new taxes..and revenues going to the NJ Public Schools too as well Intra City of Atlantic City.. ..Guess what NONE of those Promises were ever kept. We have since then one of the largest SALES TAX and INCOME TAXES Nationwide. Which just keep Increasing ...

Let Bermuda and its Citizens choose what THEY WANT. :cool:

Archived