Transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

jd_1976

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale since it is quite a bit cheaper but our cruise leaves from Miami. We are going down a day early and staying in a hotel in Miami. Does anyone know of a cost effective way to get from the Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami? There will be 8 of us travelling.

There are many hotels in both the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area that provide free shuttles to and from the airport and the port itself. We stayed at the Ramada Inn in Fort Lauderdale and they provided both along with free breakfast. It was a decent 3 star hotel.

You might look into renting a car or two. Many of the agencies do not have drop charges between FLL and MIA. There is a huge thread on the topic over in the Florida departure ports section of the board. It made sense for us for 4 folks. One day on front end of cruise. One day on back end.

Try www.cachelimo.com or email the owner, Luis, at cachelimo@yahoo.com. He owns all new 2009 limos, VERY nice, and for 8 of you probably cheaper than taking a town car, taxis, or shuttle. (tell him Kristi referred you).

We used them several months ago, I just called when we were in baggage claim, and our driver was there within minutes. The look on my dh's face was priceless as this was a surprise.

I plan on using them again when we cruise this summer. What a way to start a vacation!

Archived