Halloween activities on ship ?

Linycruise

Hello,

Does Carnival provide any Halloween activities on board for kids ? We are thinking of going on the Splendor on the 10/25 sailing and wanted to know if we should bring costumes for the kids.

Thanks !!

Of course...definitely bring costumes for the kids!!! Especially if Carnival has nothing planned...(but I'm sure they will)!!

On another thread it was posted that Carnival sent out an email last year that said there are special activities for kids in Camp Carnival and for adults too. Both adults and children are encouraged to bring costumes. This was on cruises from mid-October up until Halloween.

I was on the Valor for Halloween last year. They had things going on for adults and kids. They had a costume meet and greet in the atrium bar and then a "parade" in the theatre. Basically everyone that dressed up walked down the aisles and across the stage. They had judges on stage that pulled aside the best costumes. Afterwords the audience voted (by applause) on the winner of the costume contest. When all that was done they had a big Lido deck party. I am not sure what all they had for kids, but I do remember seeing some things listed in the capers. I know that they went in groups around the ship Trick or Treating to all the shops, desks, etc.

There were some decorations up and the theatre stage had a special set. I was surprised at how many people did in fact dress up. In fact I felt kind of bad that I didn't. I will be on the Freedom for this Halloween and we are thinking of making it a tradition (Halloween is also my birthday). It was a lot of fun.

We were on the Conquest for Halloween 4 months ago. It was a riot!! Evidently there is a group of gay folks that go for Halloween each year and I would guess there to be about 10-20% of the passengers that were Gay or Lesbian. Great group of folks. Carnival always has activities and contests around the pool and they had several contests around the pool this time that were totally hilarious. Had striaght guys that had to go through the crowd and get things that makes a lady look pretty. They came back with clip on earrings, one had a pastel green evening gown, lipstick, all kinds of makeup, and of course they had to be wearing whatever it was to win. Halloween night there were some very wild costumes. Some were PG and a couple R rated but none that really offensive. Had a couple of Cleopatra's and several brides with beards. My girlfriend and I and two other couples went and really enjoyed watching all the people enjoy themselves. Not a cruise I would do every year but it was the most unusual I have been on and one of the best and wouldn't bother me at all to go on one at that time again.

Archived