RSVP Norwegian Star 4/18/09

SteveInPDX

Hey Fellow Cruisers!!!

I'm so happy to see that this board is really buzzing with activity! A few weeks ago this cruise wasn't even mentioned on Cruise Critic. Now we're 120+ postings... let's keep 'em coming!

I had suggested a meet and greet in the Beer Garden a few weeks ago, but that was when we only had a few postings. Now we're a "group".

Bayotter... let us know what your contact at RSVP has to say. Jeff at RSVP is also a good person to contact. If he can't help... he'll know who can. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'll be more than happy to help setup the arrangements.

-Steve

Hey guys,

I just booked, along with a good friend of mine. He may decide to post here separately. We are both single and looking forward to meeting you all. We'll be driving from Palm Springs. Any PS guys here? A Cruise Critic meet up would be great on board. We could pick a lounge, and a time, then wear something recognizable like a huge feather boa. Well, maybe on this cruise that wouldn't stand out very much. Maybe colorful lei's?? Cowboy hats?? Anyone have any better ideas?

Jamie

Thanks everyone. I will be contacting RSVP on Monday. That will give time over the weekend for anyone else to acknowledge they would like to meet. I'll have a better count then. I'll share any response with you all next week.

Hey Everyone!

I know most of you have seen the email, but I was excited to see that our e-docs are on the way so I thought I'd post the email. Here it is...

Dear Steven,

We hope you are getting excited about your upcoming RSVP Mexican Riviera cruise. We have important news regarding your cruise documents; Norwegian Cruise Lines has gone paperless.

In approximately one week you will receive an email from RSVP with your Norwegian Cruise Lines booking number and instructions for logging on to the NCL website to pre-register for the cruise. After you have pre-registered you will have access to your eDocs which you will need to board the ship. Your NCL booking number will also allow you to pre-book shore excursions.

We all look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions about your reservation please contact your travel agent.

Sincerely,

The RSVP Team

I have to say... I always loved receiving the paper docs in the mail, but with all those restrictions on the airlines, it's nice to have one less item to carry.

Steve

Welcome Stephan,

You are practically guaranteed to have a good time on this cruise. We are hoping to be able for all of us here to arrange a formal meet for cocktails. We should know by this week. If not, we (on this board) are hoping to all meet up in one of the lounges on the ship early in the cruise.

Feel free to post any questions you may have. There are many experienced cruisers here who are happy to answer your questions.

Thanks for posting.

Jamie

Hi Guys,

This will be my very first experience in a cruise. I have to say that I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I do not like to eat alone and it would be great if I could join some of you for meals. :rolleyes:

I look forward to meeting you all!

Cheers,

Francisco

Hi Guys,

This will be my very first experience in a cruise. I have to say that I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I do not like to eat alone and it would be great if I could join some of you for meals. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Francisco

It should be open seating so you would always be placed at a table with others. RSVP usually encourages singles to meet somewhere right before dinner if they want to meet others to dine with. Don't be shy, just go ahead and join any group or table. :)

And go to your cruise's meet-and-greet - its a chance to meet others at the beginning of the cruise.

Thanks Boytjie,

I will work on my 'social anxiety' while in the cruise. By the end of the week I will probably become a less shy person.

I hope to meet you in the 'meet-and-greet'.

Cheers,

F

I am not going on your cruise, but am hanging around since I have been on a few RSVP cruises.

Everybody is very friendly and talks to everybody so don't get anxious, and don't wait till the end of the cruise to loose the shyness - start smiling, greeting and chatting to anyone in line while you board! You could make friends on your first elevator ride. :)

I am not going on your cruise, but am hanging around since I have been on a few RSVP cruises.

Everybody is very friendly and talks to everybody so don't get anxious, and don't wait till the end of the cruise to loose the shyness - start smiling, greeting and chatting to anyone in line while you board! You could make friends on your first elevator ride. :)

and hey -- think of this way -- you have make a choice to interact with these people once the cruise is over - so go ahead -- go all out -- put it all on the line -- you may never see these people again, but if you put it all on the line, chances are you will see many of them again -- because they will like the real you!

Hi Jamie,

I will be in L.A. some days before and also will go afterwards from L.A. to San Franscisco. How will be the weather approx. in California at this time? I am not sure but I heard L.A. is hot/warm and S.F. could be more colder. So to take the right clothes what would you advise? I think during the cruise it will be very hot on board, or? So I need only shorts or less :D

I am so excited, I just can´t hide it ....

Greetings

Welcome Stephan,

You are practically guaranteed to have a good time on this cruise. We are hoping to be able for all of us here to arrange a formal meet for cocktails. We should know by this week. If not, we (on this board) are hoping to all meet up in one of the lounges on the ship early in the cruise.

Feel free to post any questions you may have. There are many experienced cruisers here who are happy to answer your questions.

Thanks for posting.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I will be in L.A. some days before and also will go afterwards from L.A. to San Franscisco. How will be the weather approx. in California at this time? I am not sure but I heard L.A. is hot/warm and S.F. could be more colder. So to take the right clothes what would you advise? I think during the cruise it will be very hot on board, or? So I need only shorts or less :D

I am so excited, I just can´t hide it ....

Greetings

A good place to search for averages for temperature and rainfall amounts are at weather.com, but there are other sources. That being said, the coast of California and the San Francisco Bay Area (where I used to live) are unpredictable as days that are supposed to be warm and sunny change very quickly if the fog rolls in. It's best to dress in layers, and then you can peel off what you don't need if it warms up. If you are driving between L.A. and San Franncisco, make sure you take the Pacific Coast Highway and stay over night somewhere along the way, like Pismo Beach. (I can recommend the Shelter Cove Lodge, or in San Luis Obispo, the Madonna Inn for pure camp.)

As for weather on the cruise, check the weather for Puerta Vallarta, Mexico a few days before the cruise, to get an idea of temperatures. It can be very hot.

But definitely bring shorts or less. ;-)

I'm sure you'll be welcome to join in with just about anybody...

:)

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Francisco

Hi guys,

The entertainment has been posted on the website. Glad to see Amy and Freddie will be along.

I heard back from Tom Valach of RSVP. A Cruise Critic meet WILL be scheduled "early in the cruise". I hope you all are able to attend. It will be nice meeting you guys.

Jamie

Whoo hoooo - less than a month to go...

Did my cruise doc sign up this morning.

Also check out some demographic info on my assigned roomate -- not sure what the "variety of criteria" RSVP refers to on their website for matching up -- but my roomate is exactly twice my age he he .... (not saying it negatively so don't jump down my throat) ....

I am READY to go

Just took care of my electronic docs. And signed up for shore excursions. I wanted to grab the zip-lining in Puerto Vallarta. It's usually very popular and sells out ahead of time. I chose the 8:30am time to get into the rain forest early. Better chance of seeing wildlife. There is zip-lining in Mazatlan too, but I am not sure it will be as scenic as Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone know about this? In Cabo, I am doing the afternoon coastal scenic drive since I never left port the last time I was there and I want to see more of the area. I am holding off on Mazatlan, but will probably just take a shuttle into town and walk around. A number of years ago, the friend with whom I am traveling went to Mazatlan and someone tried to sell him a baby. So much for fond travel memories. Does anyone else have shore excursion plans yet?

Bayotter,

Last year I did the zip lining excursion in Puerto Vallarta and it was a blast! The guides were cute and flirty too!

In Puerto Vallarta, I will probably just walk along the Malecon and walk down Olas Altas to the Blue Chairs beach. The only problem is that a lot of guys go to Blue Chairs and it is packed early.

In Mazatlan, I'm thinking of the Stone Island Beach excursion.

In Cabo, I will take a glass bottom boat to Los Arcos and spend the rest of time in town. Shrimp cocktails at The Giggling Marlin are delicious.

Anybody else have any plans, Ideas?

Just took care of my electronic docs. And signed up for shore excursions. I wanted to grab the zip-lining in Puerto Vallarta. It's usually very popular and sells out ahead of time. I chose the 8:30am time to get into the rain forest early. Better chance of seeing wildlife. There is zip-lining in Mazatlan too, but I am not sure it will be as scenic as Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone know about this? In Cabo, I am doing the afternoon coastal scenic drive since I never left port the last time I was there and I want to see more of the area. I am holding off on Mazatlan, but will probably just take a shuttle into town and walk around. A number of years ago, the friend with whom I am traveling went to Mazatlan and someone tried to sell him a baby. So much for fond travel memories. Does anyone else have shore excursion plans yet?

Hi Jamie and Hobie,

As we speak, I am adding my 'Outdoor Adventure' in PV and the 'Clear Kayak & Snorkel Expedition' in CSL. This way I get to know you both 'up, close and personal'.:rolleyes:

I plan to visit Mazatlan on my own and maybe do some social work visiting a home for street kids and maybe find a local guide who can help me bring a small donation bought in town. I speak Spanish fluently and think I will be able to handle it on my own. I would also like to get a sence of the turbulent history in Mazatlan and visit 'El Faro'. Do you want to join me?

Cheers,

Francisco

The surfing piqued my interest (I'm 38 and haven't been on a board since I was 15), but my significant other gave me the "absolutely not" answer on that one... Oh well- maybe I can convince him to go parasailing at one of the stops.

It all sounds pretty fun and/or interesting- everything from the surfing, down to the cooking classes...

It's getting SO close!!!!!!!!:D I've been hitting the fake-n-bake booth on a regular basis so I don't blind anybody or get fried on the first day....

The surfing piqued my interest (I'm 38 and haven't been on a board since I was 15), but my significant other gave me the "absolutely not" answer on that one... Oh well- maybe I can convince him to go parasailing at one of the stops.

Your SO doesn't want you to go surfing or does not want to go surfing with you? :confused:

We go our separate ways on exursions... OK, mostly because I won't give up scuba diving and he doesn't dive. ;)

You lucky dogs, having a cruise all lined up. :(

Archived