RSVP Norwegian Star 4/18/09

SteveInPDX

That wasn't very clear, was it? He doesn't want to go surfing WITH me! But to be honest, I'm not sure I'd sign up for something like surfing- you never know what the waves will be like so it's kind of a crapshoot....

Your SO doesn't want you to go surfing or does not want to go surfing with you? :confused:

We go our separate ways on exursions... OK, mostly because I won't give up scuba diving and he doesn't dive. ;)

You lucky dogs, having a cruise all lined up. :(

That wasn't very clear, was it? He doesn't want to go surfing WITH me! But to be honest, I'm not sure I'd sign up for something like surfing- you never know what the waves will be like so it's kind of a crapshoot....

The Zip Lines excursions look like fun. Anyone else going on one of these in PV or Mazatlan?

Hey Cruizers!!!

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but at the bottom of the Mexican Riviera events page, they posted a new "event". It's a Drag show version of the 80's sitcom "The Facts Of Life". This sounds hysterical!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/cruise_2009_mexico_entertainment.aspx

Did anyone see the version they did on "The Big Gay Sketch Show". I only hope it's as funny as that!

Three weeks from tomorrow! WOO HOO!!!

Steve

Hey Cruizers!!!

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but at the bottom of the Mexican Riviera events page, they posted a new "event". It's a Drag show version of the 80's sitcom "The Facts Of Life". This sounds hysterical!!!

Here's the link:

Did anyone see the version they did on "The Big Gay Sketch Show". I only hope it's as funny as that!

Steve

Me thinks that Paul Williams will be in that show. Lucky buggers. :(

Does anyone know who the headliner will be (not yet posted 3/27)? I'm dying to know.:cool:

Hey Fellow Cruizers!

So far Abigail has been confirmed as a headliners, along with Amy & Freddy of course. However, I'm sure they'll post additional performers before we set sail. They always like to surprise us with the "special guest performers".

We should know more next week when they post the "blow-by-blow" (pun intended) events schedule. I'll post a link once it's up.

Steve

(PS... Only 3 weeks from right now we'll be sipping cocktails and dancing at the Bon Voyage party!!!)

Three weeks from today at this time, we will be cruising out of L.A. Harbor on our way to sunny Mexican skies!

Wow...After months of waiting, It's almost here! I really look forward to meeting all you guys.

Hobie.

Hello Fellow Cruizers!

I know you all have been eagerly awaiting the event schedule... so... here it is!!!

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/pdf/2009_Mexico_Daily_Schedule.pdf

Along with Abigail singing all her hits, I am very excited to see that the one and only Debbie Reynolds will be performing her one-woman show on Thursday night, with a "Hollywood Gossip" session scheduled with her for the following morning. This production is surely not to be missed.

Also... for those of you haven't cruised with RSVP before, be sure to see any or ALL of Amy & Freddy's Cabaret performances. You will leave their shows crying, laughing and probably a bit embarrased. This certainly is a highlight of any RSVP cruise.

And of course... we can't forget Danny Williams & Paul J. Williams... the host(s) with the most! Thanks guys for making the events oh so entertaining!

Sounds like it's going to be an amazing, fun-filled cruise. I can't wait!!!

See ya all there!

Steve

(PS... please make note of the Cruise Critic meet and great on Sunday at 1pm.)

Hey Fellow Cruizers!

So far Abigail has been confirmed as a headliners, along with Amy & Freddy of course. However, I'm sure they'll post additional performers before we set sail. They always like to surprise us with the "special guest performers".

We should know more next week when they post the "blow-by-blow" (pun intended) events schedule. I'll post a link once it's up.

Steve

(PS... Only 3 weeks from right now we'll be sipping cocktails and dancing at the Bon Voyage party!!!)

hehe...blow by blow <blush>

I'll be sure to not miss THAT!!!

Hey Cruizers!!!

Here's the link:

Steve

Unfortunately, my significant other has had some disturbing heart palpitations for the past few weeks, so I'm not sure how "active" we'll be able to be. I think he's OK, but waiting on some test results before we book anything too strenuous....

Bayotter,

Last year I did the zip lining excursion in Puerto Vallarta and it was a blast! The guides were cute and flirty too!

In Puerto Vallarta, I will probably just walk along the Malecon and walk down Olas Altas to the Blue Chairs beach. The only problem is that a lot of guys go to Blue Chairs and it is packed early.

In Mazatlan, I'm thinking of the Stone Island Beach excursion.

In Cabo, I will take a glass bottom boat to Los Arcos and spend the rest of time in town. Shrimp cocktails at The Giggling Marlin are delicious.

Anybody else have any plans, Ideas?

Hello Fellow Cruizers!

I know you all have been eagerly awaiting the event schedule... so... here it is!!!

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/pdf/2009_Mexico_Daily_Schedule.pdf

Along with Abigail singing all her hits, I am very excited to see that the one and only Debbie Reynolds will be performing her one-woman show on Thursday night, with a "Hollywood Gossip" session scheduled with her for the following morning. This production is surely not to be missed.

Also... for those of you haven't cruised with RSVP before, be sure to see any or ALL of Amy & Freddy's Cabaret performances. You will leave their shows crying, laughing and probably a bit embarrased. This certainly is a highlight of any RSVP cruise.

And of course... we can't forget Danny Williams & Paul J. Williams... the host(s) with the most! Thanks guys for making the events oh so entertaining!

Sounds like it's going to be an amazing, fun-filled cruise. I can't wait!!!

See ya all there!

Steve

(PS... please make note of the Cruise Critic meet and great on Sunday at 1pm.)

Hey guys...from what I can see on the daily schedules there is no formal night so I guess I can dispense with that portion of the wardrobe?

I'll probably be re-thinking my wardrobe/costume choices until the very last moment!! As for the passport, I had to get one for this cruise. Fortunately, it didn't take long to get in....

How was your trip to NOLA, floridaken?

Super Shuttle booked -- CHECK

Luggage in good shape -- CHECK

Cruise paperwork done -- CHECk

Passport located -- CHECK

Costumes -- semi-CHECk

All that needs to be done is speed up the clock three weeks.....

I'll be kind of glad to not feel obligated to pack it. Plus, it also eliminates the need to pack a bunch of other little items (cufflinks, vest/bowtie, patent leather shoes, etc...)

Hey guys...from what I can see on the daily schedules there is no formal night so I guess I can dispense with that portion of the wardrobe?

Hello Fellow Cruizers!

I mentioned a few weeks back that my travel company was hosting a private T-Dance while in PV. Here is the information for anyone who wants to join in the debauchery!

(FYI... they hosted a similar event in Costa Rica a few years back on the RSVP Central America Cruise. That event has become infamous because of a stripper name Jose. I'm sure you get the idea.)

Concierge Travel asks...

Are you ready for a Fiesta!

Concierge Travel is throwing a party and you are invited!!!

Puerto Vallarta T-Dance!

at the

Abbey Hotel Vallarta

Pulpito 138 Puerto Vallarta

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM

COST: $70 Per Person

Concierge Travel is proud to offer a private T-Dance, complete with a DJ, Open Bar, light food, and for your entertainment...

Male Strippers!!!

This is going to be a great party, you will not want to miss it!!!

Attached is the form for you to complete and return to us. Please specify which pick up time you prefer from the ship.

Transportation is included from and to the ship.

Ship to Hotel:

Anytime between 11:00 AM & 3:30 PM

The special "open safari" bus will drop you off at the Abbey Hotel, just steps away from the Gay Beach.

Hotel to Ship: 7:00 PM

(Immediately following the party.)

To Reserve Your Space:

PRINT and COMPLETE the linked Reservations Form and FAX it back to us at (409) 354-0164.

Please specify which pick up time you prefer from the ship.

The Boyz of Concierge Travel

(877) 775-9616

Thanks for the invite, Steven..... $70 isn't too bad, considering all that it entails (transport, food, drinks, strippers...). When I'm on top of the game, I can spend $70 on liquor in short order! (but I've basically stopped drinking until the cruise to let my tolerance come down a bit, and lose a couple of lbs, hopefully!)...

I put it off until after the cruise -- saving my nickles for more important matters -- ie: Another cocktail on the ship he he

I'll probably be re-thinking my wardrobe/costume choices until the very last moment!! As for the passport, I had to get one for this cruise. Fortunately, it didn't take long to get in....

How was your trip to NOLA, floridaken?

If we can offer any advice of New Orleans (not sure if you've ever been before), please ask! It's a great place to visit!

I put it off until after the cruise -- saving my nickles for more important matters -- ie: Another cocktail on the ship he he

Hey guys. I just returned from Washington, D.C. and New York, and back to this board! I am delighted to see Debbie Reynolds will be on the ship. She has always been a favorite of mine.

As a travel FYI, while in first class on Amtrak's Acela from Washington to New York, I sat a few seats away from Sean Penn. Everyone left him alone, so I felt it best not to run up and pounce on him for an autograph. He has been known to hit people, after all. lol Then returning home to Palm Springs, I was upgraded out of Chicago and sat across the aisle from Cheech Marin. And 2 weeks ago, I ran into Kathy Griffin getting her star on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars. And in a few weeks Debbie Reynolds!! OMG, I am suddenly star struck! :D

I wasn't able to focus on the cruise since I knew I was going to be away, but now the countdown begins for me. And the headache I'm going to have trying to figure out what to bring for all those theme parties, and how I am going to find the room.

Jamie

I have been! I want to go when there is nothing going on so I can be a tourist and take some pictures of NOLA, and not the southern decadence boys -- specifically cemetaries.

Check the most recent ones out from historic Oakland cemetary in ATL:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridaken77 (yes, off topic .. but that is where I will post all my cruise pics too :-)

If we can offer any advice of New Orleans (not sure if you've ever been before), please ask! It's a great place to visit!

Yeah, NOLA is totally different in the "off" times- much more relaxing and enjoyable, IMHO. Dickadance is fun, but.... Sometimes it's not what you're looking for! Careful in those cemetaries- they can be kind of dangerous!

Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else) on board! My mind has already checked out of work, I'm afraid....

I have been! I want to go when there is nothing going on so I can be a tourist and take some pictures of NOLA, and not the southern decadence boys -- specifically cemetaries.

Check the most recent ones out from historic Oakland cemetary in ATL:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridaken77 (yes, off topic .. but that is where I will post all my cruise pics too :-)

Archived