RSVP Norwegian Star 4/18/09

SteveInPDX

My significant other bought us yellow boas for the mellow-yellow party, even.... We're going to have SO much crap with us, I fear....

I wonder if I can pack for a week cruise in a carryon -- i just need swimming trunks, a jock, and long pants, and a few shirts he he...

My significant other bought us yellow boas for the mellow-yellow party, even.... We're going to have SO much crap with us, I fear....

You can pack those boas in little plastic ziplock bags, squeeze the air out and they go FLAT! Then refluff when you get on-board! VOILA!:D

Also, in Puerto Vallarta there is a FABULOUS place to eat walking distance from Blue Chairs and the gay beach called Red Cabbage Cafe, the website is http://redcabbagepv.com/ Make sure you order the Chiles En Nogada and margaritas!

which is a little daunting- especially considering the weight restrictions for the flights.

I have nothing yet for the mello yello party -- still figuring it out...

I cant bring a costume for every party ;-) so making some judgement calls

I figure I'll be good and sick of margaritas by the time this trip is over! Or maybe not... I do LOVE 'em!!! :p

You can pack those boas in little plastic ziplock bags, squeeze the air out and they go FLAT! Then refluff when you get on-board! VOILA!:D

Also, in Puerto Vallarta there is a FABULOUS place to eat walking distance from Blue Chairs and the gay beach called Red Cabbage Cafe, the website is http://redcabbagepv.com/ Make sure you order the Chiles En Nogada and margaritas!

Hey guys,

I just booked, along with a good friend of mine. He may decide to post here separately. We are both single and looking forward to meeting you all. We'll be driving from Palm Springs. Any PS guys here? A Cruise Critic meet up would be great on board. We could pick a lounge, and a time, then wear something recognizable like a huge feather boa. Well, maybe on this cruise that wouldn't stand out very much. Maybe colorful lei's?? Cowboy hats?? Anyone have any better ideas?

Jamie

A Cruise Critic meet up would be great on board. We could pick a lounge, and a time, then wear something recognizable like a huge feather boa. Well, maybe on this cruise that wouldn't stand out very much. Maybe colorful lei's?? Cowboy hats?? Anyone have any better ideas?

Or you can contact RSVP and ask if they can arrange a location and time slot for a CC meet-and-greet :) Just give them an idea of how many people may attend.

Or you can contact RSVP and ask if they can arrange a location and time slot for a CC meet-and-greet :) Just give them an idea of how many people may attend.

That's a great idea. I'm not sure we have enough people for that, but I'll ask RSVP. First let me ask the group here: how many of you would be interested in a Cruise Critic get together? And if there are any lurkers who haven't posted yet out there, now would be the time. Join us!

That's a great idea. I'm not sure we have enough people for that, but I'll ask RSVP. First let me ask the group here: how many of you would be interested in a Cruise Critic get together? And if there are any lurkers who haven't posted yet out there, now would be the time. Join us!

I'm in

Hey guys,

I just booked, along with a good friend of mine. He may decide to post here separately. We are both single and looking forward to meeting you all. We'll be driving from Palm Springs. Any PS guys here? A Cruise Critic meet up would be great on board. We could pick a lounge, and a time, then wear something recognizable like a huge feather boa. Well, maybe on this cruise that wouldn't stand out very much. Maybe colorful lei's?? Cowboy hats?? Anyone have any better ideas?

Jamie

Yep. I live in Palm Springs and will be on the cruise. Am single traveling solo as well.

My s/o and I would be up for a meet and greet...

I have been told that CC Meet & Greets have been arranged by the cruise line on prior sailings. I now have a contact at RSVP to ask about arranging this. The cruise line will pick the venue and the time, assuming we want to formalize the meet. They may provide us with snacks, probably pretzels and such. When I have a sense of the minimum number of people that will be there (I'll add up the responses over the next few days and add a few for lurkers), I will let them know. Thanks for responding.

I have been told that CC Meet & Greets have been arranged by the cruise line on prior sailings. I now have a contact at RSVP to ask about arranging this. The cruise line will pick the venue and the time, assuming we want to formalize the meet. They may provide us with snacks, probably pretzels and such. When I have a sense of the minimum number of people that will be there (I'll add up the responses over the next few days and add a few for lurkers), I will let them know. Thanks for responding.

FYI, my experiences arranging M&Gs have been with Holland America only, I don't know how NCL would do it or react to it. The scheduling is more of an RSVP issue: they know what is planend in the schedule and also which locations may be available, but you can always suggest a specific location.

Archived