Live from the Summit 1/31-2/6

lawyergirl22

Jayred,

We did do shopping in the morning, then back to the ship for a few hours and then out to Moho, so I think you will be able to do all 3 things. Ask your cab driver if it is better to do moho then orient or the other way around.

What ever you do, enjoy yourself!

Jan

Hi Jan,I am sorry I missed meeting you! We really had a great time. We have already booked the Summit for next year! I can't say that The Normandie was that great. The service was wonderful and the food was nice, but so was the dining room. We are going to keep late seating, but think we may switch to the alternative dining. It looked nice up there and it would give time to do more. I was so tired by the end of dinner I was ready for bed... of course we made the most of our days and that may have helped make me tired...oh yes the martinis too! The late afternoon sandwiches were so good and I think Celebrity does an outstanding job on desserts. I don't get to have them much at home so I thoroughly enjoyed them!

inexpensive hotels in old san juan?

No really stop laughing, I'm serious....

There must be someplace central CLEAN thats not insanely priced!!

need one night pre cruise 4-3-09 (priceline has Sheraton san Juan $160)

however same hotel post cruise 4-11-09

$300

and lets not forget tax!

Our airfare search is already over $600 each from new york.....

I can see my tours and spa treatments fading away fast.........:(

While Priceline has the full cost of the Sheraton Hotel at $300 , you can get it significantly lower hotel for that night -- bid $90 - 110 and you're probably in --- don't forget, the post cruise date you are talking about is Saturday--- by far the highest priced time of the week --- the other thing is you're talking about Old San Juan --- not too much competition -- there's a lot of other Hotels in the Condado or Isle Verde areas that are inexpensive, are near beaches and are fun places ---

Bill

Read somewhere on this post about the alternative to the canapes being fruit &cheese---is the fruit different to the regular varietys supplied in the cc cabins, and can you request both fruit & cheese/crackers?

P.S, are they 'american size' portions ,as we usually dine early!!

$300

and lets not forget tax!

We got our ticket to SJU from Buffalo...stopping in NY for 275.....try Priceline.

Also we got the Embassy in Dorado for 125...at expedia

Good luck!!!

AJ

$300

and lets not forget tax!

We booked the Hotel Milano for our night before the cruise. The price was about $125. I have heard this is a nice, clean hotel close to the pier.

Thank you for the update, I'm on the last cruise out prior to dry dock. I hope the pantry is stocked and the fun is still in progress. Give me some suggestions on tours, land excursions that you think 50 year olds. would enjoy.I like to snorkle, and will bring some equipment along. Has anyone commendted on the glass botton enclosed boat tour. I've been to St. Martin, not too enthused about shopping, any suggestions.

Hi...

check out our roll call for this sailing...we have had many discussions about tours in the ports.

OMG! is that return or each way?

ooops

375US....it came to 490CAD return BUF to SJ,,,,but with the crazy exchange rates,,,,I got a ticket SJ-SDQ-BUF with USAirways 282.40US at 353.46CDN....go figure....I think yesterday was 1.27CAD to the US.

AJ

P.S.: Booking again after my sister decided to get married in the DR I lost the SJ-BUF portion with Delta,,,they charge 150 bucks to make any changes to bookings plus the fare was different to come back 7 days later.

Archived