Towel Animals

On our recent cruise on the explorer, we got those weird towel animals in our room. We talked about them during dinner, everyone had been getting them, but they were different. I think I heard about 10 of them. My favorite was the first one, our steward made a monkey, hung it in the closet, and put a banana from our fruit basket in its hand. What towel animals did you get and what was your favorite. Someone at our table even got a man made out of robes, pillows, and slippers.

Hi...My favorite was an alligator, made in my nephew's room, on the Paradise. It was made out of the bedspread and took up the whole floor between the beds. He was so excited.

'95 Carnival Imagination, '97 RC Monarch, '00 Carnival Paradise, '02 RC Majesty, '03 RC Majesty

9/13/04 RC Enchantment of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

On the Carnival Pride the room stewaed made a monkey, put our sunglasses on it and hung it from the lights that went around the room high on the wall. icon_biggrin.gif

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

Win Wings 4 Predators 2 On to round 2

Butterfly! Where have you been? We all missed you at the meet n mingle. Maybe next time haha. Hope you had a great cruise. April

Adventure of the Seas 4/11/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=04>

<param name="day" value=11>

<param name="hour" value=22>

</applet>

Our favorite was on the Grandeur a few years back, the towel "animal" was made up like a man laying in the bed with hubby's shoes on, boy did that scare my mom when she opened the cabin door.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

My sister and I sailed on the Monarch of the Seas back in 4/02 before the ship was moved to the West coast. It was a brief 4 night sailing and the first 2 nights we did not have any towel animals at all. On the 3rd night, my sister said to our cabin steward, (who was a very shy, quiet, older gentleman from St. Lucia), "tonight I expect to find an animal in my bed!" The look on his face was priceless...he thought she was referring to him!

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04 !!

hawkette...I'm with you...I loved the alligator we got this past week...it was great. We've gotten so many...the monkey is cool too. I've never gotten the man though.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I look forward to the towel animals also. I have to say that the monkey was my favorite though. I have taken pictures of all of the animals from all of our cruises to date. I really should make a scrapbook of just the towel animals.

Lisa

Our favorites were on the Enchantment last July. We were in a Superior Balcony (fantastic room!) with a queen for us and the sofa bed for our 7 yo son. Our son still sleeps with "friends" - this time he had lots of stuffed marine friends gathered from various excursions (stingray, turtles, sharks, and his teddy bear). Every morning when our stewards made up the room, he made elaborate arrangements with Tommy's animals on the sofa. They were so much fun! At turndown, he made huge scenes on Tommy's bed with pillows, cushions, towel animals (stingray, bunny, dog, swans, and the hanging monkey with sunglasses), and Tommy's animals. We just couldn't wait each day/evening to see what he was going to do next! It added an absolutely wonderful and special dimension to our cruise. I have had towel animals since but not with such a creative flair!

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

Hope you gave him a big tip, david, our steward was a delight. He didnt mind going way out of his way for us, he did things no other steward would do, according to the people at our table. We left him a $60 tip even thought he deserved more. If your going on the explorer, get a cabin near 7513, theres a 50/50 chance you will get him.

Good point, CruiserCanyon! We did tip him quite well. He was the best steward we have had in our 5 cruises. A good steward makes an incredible difference and you do need to reward them accordingly.

Actually, we have been graced with terrific stewards on 4 out of 5 cruises. Our second cruise steward, on the Monarch (out of FLL), was ok but we didn't see much of him or many animals. He got just the standard tip. Not the others!

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

Okay, did anyone leave their sunglasses in the room on purpose so the steward could use them for your towel animals? After a few days, we always made sure to leave glasses in the room so they could be used. My favorite was the monkey. I took it apart and tried to remake him, but couldn't.

ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS - CARRIBEAN

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;08;22;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Vision of the Seas 9/19/03-Alaska

Vision of the Seas 5/11/03- Mexican Riviera

Guest OBAYbee

Nancy,

I went a bought some sunglasses so my towel pets could have their groove on.

The ones I brought with me are quite likely on a dolphin somewhere. I leaned over to flush the toilet after leaving the ice show and my glasses fell off my head and into the toilet. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't hit *flush* yet. The flushes on ships are more like a waterpark ride. Intimidating, forceful and fast. icon_biggrin.gif

Last year on the Explorer on our last sea day, they had animal making classes and napkin folding. They even gave you print outs to take home with you to try at home.

I remember the napkin tricks like a swan, and elf boot and the flower but did not practice the towel animals enough. Hopefully the Mariner will have a refresher next week !!!

We need a Holiday...

my travel pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/lynnemaynard

Archived