Which Balcony Room on Liberty?

I don't think there are any "bad" balconies! Near to the stairs and elevators makes getting around very easy. Some folks love the aft balconies, as they are deeper than the sides, but with 2 adults, a centrally located balcony is more than ample!

Planning on booking Liberty for Feb 14 2010 and hope to book onboard my upcoming cruise on IOS.

Any suggestions on a great balcony? This will be my first balcony experience as IOS is only my second cruise, both have been inside PR. :p

We had a "hump" balcony on Liberty on Deck 8 and it was awesome. Great room. We love the hump balconies b/c they are right mid ship so easy access to everything and just like having the extra bow on the balcony to see both right and left very clearly. Great location and great room.

We had a "hump" balcony on Liberty on Deck 8 and it was awesome. Great room. We love the hump balconies b/c they are right mid ship so easy access to everything and just like having the extra bow on the balcony to see both right and left very clearly. Great location and great room.

Just off Liberty and we too had a hump balcony on Deck 8. Everyone said we'd hate it because you can't always see from the front to the back of the ship but we don't look at that, we looked out. Our hump room was starboard side and we could see part of the bridge where we were.

We like the room as it was very convenient to the stairs and elevators and was mid-ship.

I say hump balcony!

I had the "hump" balcony on the Mariner on deck 7 and LOVED IT! Close to the stairs and elevators. Hardly any noise since you are behind a divided partition and most folks split off to get to the elevators. Could see the entire ship from stem to stern. Balcony was standard E1 size.

Looking forward to the aft balcony for more room. 7704 is a D1 corner aft that is fairly shaded, perfect for a "Georgia Peach" like me! Also more room for folks to visit and for my 2 teen boys that are in an inside cabin near us.

Jacquelyn :D

We had a center hump cabin (9340) on our recent Liberty cruise and loved it. We could see the bow and the stern unobstructed and the elevators and stairs were right there. You can see pictures of the views in the link below in my signature.

We stayed in 1700 D1 cabin on Indy and have 1402 booked on her in August. We would always try and get an aft as you get a much bigger balcony and we like the view of the wake. We are not worried about having to walk to the back (the more exercise the better with the amount we eat and drink!!)

Enjoy your cruise :)

Just wanting to find out if you had a choice of a balcony cabin what would you choose. We are currently in a D-2 balcony cabin. The room # is 6684. I was looking at it and it is towards the back of the ship..is it better to be toward the back or the front of the ship. I noticed that they do have some more rooms available that are close to the elevators. But, I think ours is on the port side..I would just like to get some of your opinions before I would try to move to another room.

Thanks, Sheila

We had a center hump cabin (9340) on our recent Liberty cruise and loved it. We could see the bow and the stern unobstructed and the elevators and stairs were right there. You can see pictures of the views in the link below in my signature.

We have 9340 on Indy for the April TA. What should I tell my wife to get her to quit looking at the amount we could save on a guarantee?

Planning on booking Liberty for Feb 14 2010 and hope to book onboard my upcoming cruise on IOS.

Any suggestions on a great balcony? This will be my first balcony experience as IOS is only my second cruise, both have been inside PR. :p

The "hump" balconies are highly prized. The "hump" balconies are the ones near the rear elevators ...

shp_lb_deck06_rc1_dpl.gif

Had cabin 1400 on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and loved it. It does has a shaded part due the structure but this was great when the sun was too hot. We had 2 lounge chairs and 3 regular chairs and a table. Granted it is a 2 minute walk (timed it for fun one day) from the closest stairs but the walk did us some good :D

We love aft cabins but will be trying a hump cabin on the Oasis next year.

Archived