My Photos Are Up!!! Oosterdam Eastern Caribbean 11/7/04

HeatherInFlorida

Heather,

Those were wonderdul pictures:p

How was your experience with the cabana on Half Moon Cay? May I ask if you also got the butler service, if so, how was it:confused: Did you see the green cabana (I have it reserved for December, so I was wondering if it had been repaired)?

Also, on Kakao Beach...how much were the chairs and umbrella? Did the restuarant have conch fritters (:p my favorite:p)?

One last thing...on Tortola...other than Pussers, is there anywhere else we should try and go to? We already have an all-day sailing trip with Patouche to see The Caves, The Indians, & the Norman Island.

Thank you SOOOO much!!!

KCat, we did not have the Butler Service. Frankly, when I'm sitting on a beach I don't need a gourmet feast and we felt it was way too expensive. The cabana boys did everything for us and were wonderful.

I'm not much help to you because we didn't rent chairs and umbrellas on Orient (the restaurant was Kakao, the beach is called Orient Beach). They had conch something, but I can't remember if they had fritters. They had a lot of excellent menu choices, but our friends were treating us against our wishes so believe it or not we had hamburgers which were out of this world with a magnificent salad. Even that was 12 Euro dollars which is more in American. Our friends had the most magnificent salads which were 18 Euro dollars. So it wasn't your typical beach shack restaurant.

If you have an all day sailing trip planned I can't see how you'll have time for much else. Don't you leave at 4? In any case, again I'm not much help because all we've done on Tortola is go to beaches or sail. See if your Captain will take you to Pirate's on Norman Island. It's a very nice beach and if you like you can get something to eat and drink there.

I can't remember if the green cabana was still there, but even if not I'm sure it will be back up in no time. Call the Shore Excursion Desk and ask.

Have a wonderful trip!

Wonderful pictures, Heather! Thanks for taking the time to post and label. I set it on a slide show to view and could almost smell the sea air (especailly at Half Moon Cay!!). Brings back fond memories of our January Zuiderdam trip. Can't wait to go again.

Glad you liked them, O! And it gave you a chance to take a peek at your tour on Tortola!

RevNeal, if you see this, where are you going on the O'dam? Didn't realize you were off again so soon! Lucky you.

Kygal, can't wait to see your Hawaii photos! We were in Maui & Kauai several years ago and it was magnificent. Expect you'll be docking at Lahaina? Magnificent port. Enjoy.

Thoth, yes I agree that the Oosterdam is a magnificent ship. Though there were things I was a little disappointed about, I have to say that she is absolutely lovely with wonderfully tasteful decor.

Heather-

You are so kind to post your pictures, especially the cabana ones. They answer many of the questions people on these boards have asked about cabana life.

I wouldn't even have known about the cabana's at all without your and the other CCer's postings and discussion. Now, I have booked the pink one to serve as our family's base of operations during our 12/23 stay on HMC while on the Rotterdam Holiday & PC cruise. It was great to see the pictures of the Rotterdam, too.

Y'all on this board have been so generous with sharing your info. As a "virgin" to cruising, I have learned so much from your veterans. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I take a virtual cruise when I see your pictures and here everyone's comments about their experiences.

Thanks, again.

Cynthia

Heather-

You are so kind to post your pictures, especially the cabana ones. They answer many of the questions people on these boards have asked about cabana life.

I wouldn't even have known about the cabana's at all without your and the other CCer's postings and discussion. Now, I have booked the pink one to serve as our family's base of operations during our 12/23 stay on HMC while on the Rotterdam Holiday & PC cruise. It was great to see the pictures of the Rotterdam, too.

Y'all on this board have been so generous with sharing your info. As a "virgin" to cruising, I have learned so much from your veterans. Thanks for sharing. I feel like I take a virtual cruise when I see your pictures and here everyone's comments about their experiences.

Thanks, again.

Cynthia

Cynthia, many thanks for the nice compliments to me and to all of us! I think all of us love sharing any information and experience we have because it extends the joy of cruising for us. You will probably find the same when you return from your cruise. Be sure to post your experiences! You will love the Pink Cabana!!! It's a bit further out so not so many people. Walk up a bit from there and you'll have the beach all to yourselves. Have a wonderful time!

Lisa, glad you enjoyed the pics! Can't wait to see yours and your review:D

Archived