Radiance-class end hump cabins--balcony size and furniture?

allisons

According to the deck plans of the radiance-class ships, it appears as if the hump cabins at the very ends of the hump have much larger balconies. Are the balconies as large as the aft cabin balconies? What furniture do they have? Do they have 2 chaise lounges, table, and 2 chairs, like the aft balconies? Do they have table and 2 chairs like the other side balconies? Or do they have some other combination of furniture? Can you see forward and aft? Or is the view obstructed by the hump itself?

Just in case, here are the cabins that I'm refering to:

9078, 9092, 8088, 8102, 7094, 7108

9076, 9094, 8086, 8104, 7092

9576, 9594, 8586, 8604, 7592

9578, 9592, 8588, 8602, 7594, 7608

I was in cabin 9576 (D1) -end hump cabin - on the Jewel of the Seas. The balcony was larger then the others, but not as large as the aft balcony's. The furniture on the side end hump cabin consisted of 2 chairs, 1 small table, and 1 lounge. It was a nice cabin; close to the elevators. Very quiet. I don't think the room itself was any larger then other D1 cabins.

We were in 8088 on Serenade through the Canal in April, but those photos aren't posted yet. Maybe one of these days, DH will get them on the website. 8088 has a very nice balcony for an E-1. And yes the hump blocks your view, either forward or aft. :)

pbhunt,

Thank you! I really appreciate the pictures! What is with the full solid wall? Do all these end hump balconies have this full solid wall? Does it obstruct the view? Does it make it claustrophobic? Do any of the end hump cabins have full solid walls on both sides? I don't think I would like that. I prefer the normal divider.

Thanks,

Allison

9092, 8088, and the corresponding cabins on the opposite sides have one solid metal wall, because that is where the port side elevator is. Claustrophobic? don't be silly. Of course we don't really want others booking them....so you're right, they are very bad cabin balconies, closed in, stuffy..no air movement, bad visuals and sight lines. :):D:)

THANK YOU!!! We have 9092 on the Jewel in April...looks like we'll be spending most of our time on the balcony!

We had 9078 on Brilliance. Two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a table. The solid wall is next to the elevators and it has a normal partition on the other side. Loved the cabin, balcony and location. The only complaint is that it is below the concierge lounge. For some reason, they clean it in the middle of the night.

• 1 month later...
We had 9078 on Brilliance. Two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a table. The solid wall is next to the elevators and it has a normal partition on the other side. Loved the cabin, balcony and location. The only complaint is that it is below the concierge lounge. For some reason, they clean it in the middle of the night.

I asked about being below the Concierge Lounge but no one mentioned when they cleaned the room. We will be on the Serenade so I HOPE their cleaning schedule is different. How much noise was there when they were cleaning? Did it wake you up?

I could have choosen 9586 but I was told the balcony was the regular size. I need to search on 9586.

I asked about being below the Concierge Lounge but no one mentioned when they cleaned the room. We will be on the Serenade so I HOPE their cleaning schedule is different. How much noise was there when they were cleaning? Did it wake you up?

I could have choosen 9586 but I was told the balcony was the regular size. I need to search on 9586.

We had #9078 on the Serenade and loved it. We never heard any noise from up above but did hear a little music from the Centrum a few evenings....it wasn't loud enough to keep us awake or bother us....but we did hear it. The balcony was as large as the aft balcony we had on the Jewel....2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, & sm. round table....we loved it!

The music from the centrum was no bother at all. I liked it. The cleaning of the concierge lounge woke us up most nights. I am not a light sleeper and my husband doesn't hear well, it must have been really loud. Since it was an exhausting itinerary, it drove us nuts! We asked about it, but were told that they had to remain open for suite guests and couldn't clean until no guests were using it. It was usually between 2:00am and 5:00am. It sounded like furniture being dragged around. I would still book that cabin again because of the balcony, and it's mostly quiet because you really only have one neighbor to the right. I would probably bring ear plugs.;)

We had 7592. The balcony was bigger than normal but it wasn't huge. Honestly I was expecting bigger just because of how the diagram looked online. It was my first cruise so I really didn't know how small the balconies really were.

Here is a picture of the balcony.

CIMG2422.jpg

And one of the bed looking out to the balcony.

CIMG2425.jpg

I have 9092 on the Radiance Sept 09.

Is being by the elevators on the ship a problem?

On the Mariner I loved being on the hump by the elevators however they were not that next door.

Thanks for any comments.

Laura

No problems, there is a space and hall before the actual elevator. Very quiet, very convenient. :)

No problems, there is a space and hall before the actual elevator. Very quiet, very convenient. :)

Great!

Very excited to be seeing this ship in Sept.

Thanks so much for this info. I booked because of the size of the balcony and how close to elevators it was.

Laura

On the Mariner I loved being on the hump by the elevators however they were not that next door.

Thanks for any comments.

Laura

Laura...............you are not next to the elevators...........you are next to the stairs! Very quiet!!

What you have..........in size........is the best balcony, as far as size. It could be a bit dark........because of the overhang, but.........I think that you will love the size of it.

We often have balconies that have that depth..........and love them.

Wonderful meeting you..........and let us know how you enjoyed ......not only the balcony (lucky you) and the cruise!!

Rick

Laura...............you are not next to the elevators...........you are next to the stairs! Very quiet!!

What you have..........in size........is the best balcony, as far as size. It could be a bit dark........because of the overhang, but.........I think that you will love the size of it.

We often have balconies that have that depth..........and love them.

Wonderful meeting you..........and let us know how you enjoyed ......not only the balcony (lucky you) and the cruise!!

Rick

Hi Rick...

The cruise is only to Cabo (4 nighter) and I am mainly going to see the ship and to go with some other Arizona Cruisers from our thread. I bet you don't blame me. We have some great posters...(including you).

Plan to stay in SD a couple nights prior so will make the vacation seem longer.

Thanks for your input. Sounds great. Laura

Hi Rick...

The cruise is only to Cabo (4 nighter) and I am mainly going to see the ship and to go with some other Arizona Cruisers from our thread. I bet you don't blame me. We have some great posters...(including you).

Plan to stay in SD a couple nights prior so will make the vacation seem longer.

Thanks for your input. Sounds great. Laura

If you like......twist my DW's arm.............and maybe we will join you!!

Rick

Thanks for any comments.

Laura

...often think alike!!!

LAURA I have stateroom 9092 on the Radiance booked for my 11 night Aculpaco MR cruise Jan 11, 2010. We'll have to correspond after your cruise for you share the pros/cons of this location.

In addition, I have stateroom 9094 booked for my Ultimate Alaska cruise on board the Serenade OTS this September. My son has 9076 booked, so we are both jazzed for what appears to be fantastic balconies to take in the beautiful Alaskan scenery.

Archived