early seating

KnightsofColumbus

What time is early seating on the Carnival Victory? I think I saw 5:45 - 6:15? Does that mean you can come at any time during that time? What happens if you show up at 6:45? Also, if you want to eat quickly in the dinningroom can you do that?

Thanks a lot!!!

There is a set time for early seating. I believe that it is 6:15. The time doesn't really change the rest of the answer.

You need to be at the dining room within about 5 minutes of seating time as a courtesy to the wait staff and your fellow diners. It is really not appropriate to arrive 30 minutes late and you might find the doors shut.

Dinner in the dining room is going to take about 90 minutes no matter ho hard you try to rush. If you are in a hurry eat on the Lido deck.

There is a set time for early seating. I believe that it is 6:15. The time doesn't really change the rest of the answer.

You need to be at the dining room within about 5 minutes of seating time as a courtesy to the wait staff and your fellow diners. It is really not appropriate to arrive 30 minutes late and you might find the doors shut.

Dinner in the dining room is going to take about 90 minutes no matter ho hard you try to rush. If you are in a hurry eat on the Lido deck.

I don't eat appatizers or anything, just entrees that should speed it up right?

I don't eat appatizers or anything, just entrees that should speed it up right?

The waiters and fellow dinners set the pace for dinner, as stated above, about 90 minutes.

Unless you are seated at a table for 2 by yourselves, it will take at least an hour or more. I'm not sure if you can speed that up much, even sitting by yourselves.

I think all CCL ships now have only two set times 600 and 815. At least the last couple we've been on have been that way. :) And trust me there's really no way to speed things up esp. if your at a larger table. folks just don't eat at the same pace and the waiters try and keep everyone at a table on the same course. It's really the only thing my DH dislikes about the diningroom as he just would like to order his main course, eat and leave. :o

I think all CCL ships now have only two set times 600 and 815. At least the last couple we've been on have been that way. :) And trust me there's really no way to speed things up esp. if your at a larger table. folks just don't eat at the same pace and the waiters try and keep everyone at a table on the same course. It's really the only thing my DH dislikes about the diningroom as he just would like to order his main course, eat and leave. :o

I can understand your husband. He sounds like my kind of guy. Not my kind of guy in that way, but you know what I mean.

We will definitly ask for a table for two, because I am not going to sit there and watch a bunch of other people eat salads and soups. I just want some entrees and deserts.

We will definitly ask for a table for two, because I am not going to sit there and watch a bunch of other people eat salads and soups. I just want some entrees and deserts.

There is the kitchen to consider. First they have to deal with the appetizers, then salads, THEN entrees. I would assume that trying to run in and grab a fast entree and dessert won't work because of this flow. Why are you in such a hurry?

Sounds like you better try to relax (after all you are on a cruise vacation) or eat at the buffet or your gonna be an unhappy camper.

Can't you spare 60 minutes out of your day ?? :eek:

There is the kitchen to consider. First they have to deal with the appetizers, then salads, THEN entrees. I would assume that trying to run in and grab a fast entree and dessert won't work because of this flow. Why are you in such a hurry?

Exactly why he is likely to be unhappy !

Hey, KOC, remember, they are feeding 2000 plus persons, it's not like going into your neighborhood Applebee's. Appetizers, soups, salads, entrees (lots of folks order 2) then deserts.

Sounds like you better try to relax (after all you are on a cruise vacation) or eat at the buffet or your gonna be an unhappy camper.

Can't you spare 60 minutes out of your day ?? :eek:

Exactly why he is likely to be unhappy !

Hey, KOC, remember, they are feeding 2000 plus persons, it's not like going into your neighborhood Applebee's. Appetizers, soups, salads, entrees (lots of folks order 2) then deserts.

I want to be able to go do something else I don't want to have to just sit there and be bored. But I don't want to go to the buffet because I want to dress up in a tuxedo and go to dinner. However, Just bring me some entrees and desserts and be quick about it. Is that too much to ask.

I could eat an appetizer if they have chicken wings or ribs. Do they have those? I wouldn't eat half the stuff they have on the menu. I like normal food. I have never heard of half the stuff they have on the menu. I just want some chicken wings, some ribs, and a few steaks. I heard they have steak every night, so I was just planning on getting 2 or 3 steaks and call it a meal. But if I can get some ribs or chicken wings or even a burger or 2 for an appetizer that might be okay. But no soup or salad. I don't eat anything unless it was walking and breathing at one point, or bread, fries, or onion rings.

Which brings me to another quick question. Do they serve up onion rings and fries in the dinning room. I basically like buffet food, but I like to go to a nice restaurant and where my tuxes and suites. And like another poster I would like bring a Bubba mug filled to the brim with soda. No joke that's just who I am. Plus I want steak and I don't think they have that at the buffet do they? And the main reason is my wife would not let us go anywhere but the dinning room. Of course she will want to get all of the stuff I can't pronounce and soups and salads so I guess I'm stuck either way.:) Women God love em. Nobody else does. :D

If your wife doesn't mind being alone, you could view the menu earlier in the day, tell her what you want for an entree, and arrive by yourself about 30 minutes after dinner starts (if my husband did that, he would be doing a lot of self-entertaining the rest of the evening).

No chicken wings. Braised ribs for an entree, but no bone on them. Free-range chicken for an entree.

Yes, the buffet has steak, not every night, but it might have a sauce.

No fries. Some dinners are garnished with onion rings.

Bubba kegs would look crazy on the table, but no one would say anything. If it made you happy, your bar server (in the dining room) would bring 6 sodas at a time, filled to the brim, even if you had a soda card.

If your wife doesn't mind being alone, you could view the menu earlier in the day, tell her what you want for an entree, and arrive by yourself about 30 minutes after dinner starts (if my husband did that, he would be doing a lot of self-entertaining the rest of the evening).

No chicken wings. Braised ribs for an entree, but no bone on them. Free-range chicken for an entree.

Yes, the buffet has steak, not every night, but it might have a sauce.

No fries. Some dinners are garnished with onion rings.

Bubba kegs would look crazy on the table, but no one would say anything. If it made you happy, your bar server (in the dining room) would bring 6 sodas at a time, filled to the brim, even if you had a soda card.

Thanks for the info. My wife would not want me to come later (future wife actually). It will be our honeymoon. I guess I'll just have to suffer and be hungry until the entrees come. I guess I could talk to my wife while she eats that way she suffers to. :D

I thought I saw somewhere that they had chicken fingers for kids. I wonder if they would let me get those for an appetizer? I'm not trying to be difficult that's just the kind of food I like. But I love to dress up, so I guess I'll just have to be satified with all the wierd food they serve.

I could eat an appetizer if they have chicken wings or ribs. Do they have those? I wouldn't eat half the stuff they have on the menu. I like normal food. I have never heard of half the stuff they have on the menu. I just want some chicken wings, some ribs, and a few steaks. I heard they have steak every night, so I was just planning on getting 2 or 3 steaks and call it a meal. But if I can get some ribs or chicken wings or even a burger or 2 for an appetizer that might be okay. But no soup or salad. I don't eat anything unless it was walking and breathing at one point, or bread, fries, or onion rings.
Just guessing here: Is your cholesterol count higher than your best bowling game?

Thanks for the info. My wife would not want me to come later (future wife actually). It will be our honeymoon. I guess I'll just have to suffer and be hungry until the entrees come. I guess I could talk to my wife while she eats that way she suffers to. :D

I thought I saw somewhere that they had chicken fingers for kids. I wonder if they would let me get those for an appetizer? I'm not trying to be difficult that's just the kind of food I like. But I love to dress up, so I guess I'll just have to be satified with all the wierd food they serve.

You should get a table for 2 if its your honeymoon. Enjoy each other.

Yes the waitstaff have what they call a kids menu. Also I have seen them bring a burger and fries to folks during dinner. I find the waitstaff will do just about anything to keep the cruisers happy. The flat iron steak is good and the ribs are good too.

Bring you mug no body really cares and if they do too bad.

have a great time....

Like dmance wrote, you can get chicken fingers, or anything off the kid's menu for any course. I ordered a banana split off the kid's menu for dessert.

The food isn't that weird, it all basically boils down to a choice of beef, fish/seafood, poultry or pork and a non-meat dish, all with fancier names. The bread is delicious and they'll bring you as much as you want from the moment you arrive. Maybe order a shrimp cocktail for an appetizer - I had fried mozzarella one night (think cheese curds), there is also fruit as an app. every night. Each item is described so skip the fancy name and look at the description.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

My hubby is a picky eater and he found it tough every night since he's so limited. He's like you....wings, chicken fingers, fries, burgers...etc etc...

But he was able to survive. LOL He basically got a cesar salad everyday and went between the chicken, steak and ribs. He's not a big potato fan so after a couple of days we actually asked about fries and our waiter said no problem and brought a whole plate for him. I believe he did get ribs as an appetizer one night too.

As for getting out of there fast....good luck. We had the late seating and tried hard one night so we can make it to as show. It just didn't happen!! LOL That same night, a table next to ours (table for 2)...they came in and went straight to Entrees....skipped everything else, even dessert and just left when they were done. Personally I couldn't do that, I like the experience. :)

Have fun and congrats!!! :)

First congratulations, now some unsolicited advice from a male. If you don't want to be in divorce court in six months, and sleeping alone on your honeymoon, calm down. You are no longer in charge and you need to learn to simply say yes dear no matter how much you might not like it.

Plan on dinner being an hour and half at a minimum.

Learn to eat some other things, or at least pretend to try them. If you don't know what the stuff is on the menu ASK, most of it was either walking or swimming. The food is not weird, the names are weird. Read the darn descriptions!

If you are old enough to get married and wear a tux to dinner, which almost no one does, then it is time to act the grown up part, besides I can promise you that the best thing that you can do is make sure that your wife is enjoying everything, even if you aren't!

Yes the waitstaff have what they call a kids menu. Also I have seen them bring a burger and fries to folks during dinner. I find the waitstaff will do just about anything to keep the cruisers happy. The flat iron steak is good and the ribs are good too.

Bring you mug no body really cares and if they do too bad.

have a great time....

You sound like a great American. A voice for the common man. You should run for public office.

(clipped) have a great time....

I agree and they should enjoy each other's company during dinner. When you return home "back to the grind" you will likely have to rush thru plenty of meals.

First congratulations, now some unsolicited advice from a male. If you don't want to be in divorce court in six months, and sleeping alone on your honeymoon, calm down. You are no longer in charge and you need to learn to simply say yes dear no matter how much you might not like it.

Plan on dinner being an hour and half at a minimum.

Learn to eat some other things, or at least pretend to try them. If you don't know what the stuff is on the menu ASK, most of it was either walking or swimming. The food is not weird, the names are weird. Read the darn descriptions!

If you are old enough to get married and wear a tux to dinner, which almost no one does, then it is time to act the grown up part, besides I can promise you that the best thing that you can do is make sure that your wife is enjoying everything, even if you aren't!

Yea, if momma ain't happy, nobody is gonna be happy. The secret to a great marriage.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

What time is early seating on the Carnival Victory? I think I saw 5:45 - 6:15? Does that mean you can come at any time during that time? What happens if you show up at 6:45? Also, if you want to eat quickly in the dinningroom can you do that?

Thanks a lot!!!

The Victory has two dining rooms (one aft - Pacific, and one mid ship - Atlantic). The split time is because one begins seating and serving 1/2 hour before the other one.

If you show up at 6:45 you are going to throw everyone off. Your table mates will be on their second course and you will just be ordering. On top of that, all your table mates will likely have delayed ordering waiting for you. Then your waiter/waitress will be bringing the third course to your table mates at the same time (s)he is bringing you your first course, or everyone else is going to have to wait for you to catch up. If you are going to be that late, then just go to the buffet.

You can eat as quickly as you want, but that will not speed up the dinner. The waitstaff will bring everyone's first course (and by everyone's I mean the other tables also) then cycle to the second course, then the third ... You can expect dinner to take 90 minutes no matter how fast you eat. If you are in a hurry, go to the buffet.

I want to be able to go do something else I don't want to have to just sit there and be bored. But I don't want to go to the buffet because I want to dress up in a tuxedo and go to dinner. However, Just bring me some entrees and desserts and be quick about it. Is that too much to ask.

Which brings me to another quick question. Do they serve up onion rings and fries in the dinning room. I basically like buffet food, but I like to go to a nice restaurant and where my tuxes and suites. And like another poster I would like bring a Bubba mug filled to the brim with soda. No joke that's just who I am. Plus I want steak and I don't think they have that at the buffet do they? And the main reason is my wife would not let us go anywhere but the dinning room. Of course she will want to get all of the stuff I can't pronounce and soups and salads so I guess I'm stuck either way.:) Women God love em. Nobody else does. :D

K of C or maybr KFC might be better:D I know from your previous posts that you are looking for a bite here.......I really hope no one takes the bait.

The Victory has two dining rooms (one aft - Pacific, and one mid ship - Atlantic). The split time is because one begins seating and serving 1/2 hour before the other one.

If you show up at 6:45 you are going to throw everyone off. Your table mates will be on their second course and you will just be ordering. On top of that, all your table mates will likely have delayed ordering waiting for you. Then your waiter/waitress will be bringing the third course to your table mates at the same time (s)he is bringing you your first course, or everyone else is going to have to wait for you to catch up. If you are going to be that late, then just go to the buffet.

You can eat as quickly as you want, but that will not speed up the dinner. The waitstaff will bring everyone's first course (and by everyone's I mean the other tables also) then cycle to the second course, then the third ... You can expect dinner to take 90 minutes no matter how fast you eat. If you are in a hurry, go to the buffet.

The two dining rooms are correct and these were the times in the past on ships with two dining rooms. Now I believe that both dining rooms start service at the same time.

I also believe that the doors are closed 15 minutes after the start of dinner so you might not be able to enter if you arrive at 6:45.

The two dining rooms are correct and these were the times in the past on ships with two dining rooms. Now I believe that both dining rooms start service at the same time.

I also believe that the doors are closed 15 minutes after the start of dinner so you might not be able to enter if you arrive at 6:45.

I was on the Victory in Canada. Things might be a little different now that it is in San Juan.

Wow...interesting!

Why don't you just put on your tuxedo and go to the buffet. Or spend the vast amount of time that you are not eating entrees learning how to pronounce the names of food....Once you do that maybe you'll also enjoy eating some of it.

Wow!

Archived