Good Move P and O - Fare Guarantee Announced

rugbypopsie

• $75 onboard spending credit per person
  • complimentary cocktail party inc beer, wine and hot and cold canape's
  • Best Fare Price Protection* - if a better fare is released by P&O Cruises at the specifc grade booked you will be put onto the new fare (*conditions apply)

This news just released is a step in the right direction ....

see thread on "when is a discount not a discount" for more postings on the subject of "unfair" practices.

If cruise lines want people to book early they need a guarantee that they wont see the same cabin available for far less further down the track. At the moment there are unrealistic and punitive charges for cancelling a cruise booked in Australia.

A price guarantee is definately the way to go to be fair to the cruising public.

In this current economic climate cruise lines will need to work hard to keep their loyal cruisers and a price guarantee is a great start. Thank you P and O:D

• Best Fare Price Protection* - if a better fare is released by P&O Cruises at the specifc grade booked you will be put onto the new fare (*conditions apply)

This news just released is a step in the right direction ....

see thread on "when is a discount not a discount" for more postings on the subject of "unfair" practices.

If cruise lines want people to book early they need a guarantee that they wont see the same cabin available for far less further down the track. At the moment there are unrealistic and punitive charges for cancelling a cruise booked in Australia.

A price guarantee is definately the way to go to be fair to the cruising public.

In this current economic climate cruise lines will need to work hard to keep their loyal cruisers and a price guarantee is a great start. Thank you P and O:D

any chance of a link

So what does it all mean exactly?

Do you get the last minute price as at sailing?

One of the things that does spoil a cruise is when folk start comparing how much they paid,and you realise that you have either paid too much,or you have a bargain.

Either way someone ends up being grumpy .:eek:

I agree Kiwi no one minds less popular cabins etc. being sold off close to sailing date to ensure a full sailing but with our punitive cancellation policies there is really little reason to book early. It is infuriating to see your longed for holiday being sold off for considerably less than you have shelled out.:mad:

Cant post a link as the information came to me from a t/a newsletter. I will be interested to see the "conditions" and will try to find the original source. However it is still a good step in maintaining faith with loyal customers and those of us not lucky enough to be able not to have to plan way ahead.

This isn't on the P&O webiste under media releases, but then neither is the Cocktail dress and changes to kids club.

I'm interested to see if this is something from your t/a only or really from P&O and if from P&O when does it apply. I'm one of those that booked last July for this September (to ensure kids got on in relevant age group, has been sold out for a while now). Will it be retrospective and be applied to my 2 cruises this year or is it for new bookings only.

Would also appreciate you emailing me the newsletter - ness_paul@yahoo.com

Cheers

Jingles:D

I wonder if this will mean the end of those last minute cheap cruises.

No I dont think so, there is a place for the opportunity to sell off a few remaining cabins..however it should not be at the expense of those who book early and pay top dollar..it only applies to cabins of the same category i..bb or whatever.

What use is an early bird discount if some time later you could have the same cabin for considerably less?

This type of guarantee has been operating in the states for some time I think it is our maturing market catching up.

This type of guarantee has been operating in the states for some time I think it is our maturing market catching up.

Agreed, another thing is it is quite possibly limited to being on request only; thus of benefit to those who would keep an eye out anyway, but probably rule out the majority who don't track things and/or know to pursue it.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

I note that it says "better fare is released by P & O Cruises at the specific grade booked." I don't know that this happens very much at the moment. From my knowledge, specials are usually for an inside guarantee, or for an outside guarantee etc. This is the lowest lead-in fare for the category and it wouldn't affect many earlier bookings, unless they were also for a 'guarantee'. :):)

Evon .

Archived