? about Flip Flops

DEBCAT65

I'd much prefer to see those fancy flip flops in the dining room than the pajamas I have been seeing people wear in the Windjammer. In December on Indy, I actually saw a man who appeared to be in his forties wear his PJ bottoms and black "wife-beater" top to the Windjammer! Yuck!:eek:

If the OP wears a very nice outfit, few people will notice her shoes most especially on casual nights.

Hey Kathy:D...personally, I don't consider those

flip-flops. (Maybe that is just me;):eek:)

The bling is a bit much for my style but they are kinda

cute.:)...again, for me, that is not a flip-flop.

How interesting .. I always consider any sandal that is held on by that thong and v straps to be a flip flop. I thought that defined the flip flop .. it flips and flops when you walk because nothing much is holding it on.

How interesting .. I always consider any sandal that is held on by that thong and v straps to be a flip flop. I thought that defined the flip flop .. it flips and flops when you walk because nothing much is holding it on.

Hmmm...that is interesting too:) thanks for the insight

(seriously). I had not thought of it that way before.

Not sure if a style of shoe is the actual name of the shoe

or not..does that make any sense?

Maybe I'm too outdated--oh, heck, I KNOW I am outdated, but to me what are called flip flops in 2009 are what we called thongs or rubber thongs when I was a teenager in Florida back in the late 1950s. WE wore thongs to the beach so our feet wouldn't burn on the blazing hot sand and parking lots.

The gorgeous gold and sparkling shoes shown a few posts above are what we traditionally called sandals in the "old days." Those fabulous shoes would be acceptable in the main dining room.

I have these and they flip and flop when I walk.:D6219-771829-t.jpg

Yes, and I've sworn off closed toe mules...those REALLY flip and flop all over the place. Actually, the open toe ones seem to be better for some reason.:confused:

mules...I always thought they were a closed toe and open

back.:eek::confused:

slides....open toe...open back.....:confused:

Maybe your toes can grab the sole better on the slide?

I am going to have to force my DH to wear shoes then. We used to live in Hawaii, and it did not matter wear you were going (nice restaurant even) if you lived on the island you wore flip flops (or slippers, that's what they are in Hawaii...). I've gotten out of that habit because Virginia is soooo much colder.

What about slippers with kitten heels??

:confused:

I am going to have to force my DH to wear shoes then. We used to live in Hawaii, and it did not matter wear you were going (nice restaurant even) if you lived on the island you wore flip flops (or slippers, that's what they are in Hawaii...). I've gotten out of that habit because Virginia is soooo much colder.

Hi,:) slippers? Are you asking about bedroom slippers?

Personally, I would not wear them even on a casual night.

But again, that is just me.

I don't believe I have seen slippers with a heel. Normally

I always think of slippers and slip on for around the house.

More to keep the feet warm and stuff...I live in Florida

and never wear them. It gets cold here(North Florida) but I am a sock

gal:) Wear them alot when its cold.

Do you have a picture?

Seems someone has deemed herself as "Shoe Czar." LOL

Common sense tells me you're not asking about bedroom slippers! I'm sure your little heeled sandals will be lovely and appropriate.:)

She defines 'slippers' in her post- that is what flip-flops are called in Hawaii. and in the far Pacific they are called zorries. I have never seen them with heels- I would think that the same style as a slipper in leather real or fake with a heel is a sandal. I have assumed that when they recommend no flipflop-slipper-zorry in the dining room that they meant the rubbery things. I certainly wore sandals many nights- same general shape as a ff-s-s but not rubber. Wonder if I offended?

I missed that part....didn't realize slippers are flip-flops.

Thank you for pointing it out to me.:)

I wear sandals to dinner every night too...whether

they are a casual leather slide in a lower heel or a dressy

formal one in a higher heel. I wear them in the Caribbean

anyway:)

........ if you lived on the island you wore flip flops (or slippers, that's what they are in Hawaii...).
I'm reading this as; in Hawaii you called flip flops sandals.

You mean something like this? I wouldn't classify these as flip flops, just sandals that happen to have a strap between the toes or else a thong sandal.;)

6219-800325-d.jpg

So just because they have a strap between the toes they are automatically "flip flops" I consider flip flops the rubber ones - I consider anything with jewels or fancy ones - sandals

Have I been wrong all this time?? So my gold sandals with the jewel strap between the toes are actually cleverly desguised flip flops????

Now what am I going to wear with my dress??

So just because they have a strap between the toes they are automatically "flip flops" I consider flip flops the rubber ones - I consider anything with jewels or fancy ones - sandals

Have I been wrong all this time?? So my gold sandals with the jewel strap between the toes are actually cleverly desguised flip flops????

Now what am I going to wear with my dress??

I think we all have our variations and thoughts about what

a flip-flop is?

I agree with you, the nice ones in that original photo..to me

they are a cute sandal.:)

Archived