? about Flip Flops

DEBCAT65

I just bought the cutest pair of flip flops and just wanted some feedback from others.

Here is a picture:

473865592_flipflops.jpg.5a107230c973687d673b21377e445328.jpg

Would these be OK in the main dinning room on non-formal nights. As you may be able to see, they are higher flip flops with swarovski crystals attached. My friend makes them and I had them custom made to match a few tops that I plan to wear. I would wear them with semi-dressy blouse and capri's. Just trying to cut down on packing because we will be flying.

Thanks for any feedback.

Deb

Flip flops are generally worn to the pool or beach.

You will see people wearing them in the dining room and I once wore a pair when my feet were not feeling up to wearing shoes to dinner. I felt weird wearing them, but did not notice anyone checking out my feet.

If you feel they are nicer than beach flip flops (rubber) they will probably be fine.

I personally wouldn't, they look like rubber flip flops to me, and IMO, not appropriate for the dining room. But, I also don't wear rubber flip flops when I'm just going to Applebee's or something at home. Either way, they're still flip flops, and I'm of the state of mind that if you had to ask, you probably already knew the answer.

I would wear them, but I am from the generation that dared to wear flip flops to the white house haha. Honestly though if you want to wear them then wear them, it won't hurt anyone. You may have to deal with some disapproving stares but who cares.

I would wear them, but I am from the generation that dared to wear flip flops to the white house haha.

I would venture to guess that this is what decides the yea or nay.

I just don't get the flip flop thing when there are so many other options out there. Sometimes I wish I was a centipede to make use of all the styles of shoes available....so many choices and only one set of feet...sigh.:D

I just don't get the flip flop thing when there are so many other options out there. Sometimes I wish I was a centipede to make use of all the styles of shoes available....so many choices and only one set of feet...sigh.:D

See I love shoes and I have a ton, I wear them when I dress up, but I bring flip flops with me because me and heels are not friends no matter how much I try to make them like me.

Since being on here I have read about how good quality heels make all the difference so someday I will try those, until then I will have flip flops in my purse and possibly on my feet when I dress up.

See I love shoes and I have a ton, I wear them when I dress up, but I bring flip flops with me because me and heels are not friends no matter how much I try to make them like me.

But it's not a matter of having only flip flops OR heels to wear, there are lots of shoes in between those polar opposites.;)

For the record, I don't give anyone disapproving stares. Just wonder why, what's the point? Again.....so many shoes........:)

There are so many schools of thought on flip flops in the dining room..

As soozles said they are rubber and probably not a good idea to wear in the dining room for dinner.

The swarovski crystals do not disguise the fact that it is a rubber sole and close to a Havaiana.

I've worn flip flops for dinner once or twice due to blisters but they were

"mystiques" or an embellished "yellow box" or "jack rogers". So...if you want to go the flip flop route those brands are great. They are pricey but are nice and jazzy.

sandalworld.com has a nice selection.

In hindsight .....it is your cruise....and as long as you are tasteful.... Who cares what others think??????

MYS-1105-Black.jpg

I just bought the cutest pair of flip flops and just wanted some feedback from others.

Here is a picture:

[ATTACH]104979[/ATTACH]

Would these be OK in the main dinning room on non-formal nights. As you may be able to see, they are higher flip flops with swarovski crystals attached. My friend makes them and I had them custom made to match a few tops that I plan to wear. I would wear them with semi-dressy blouse and capri's. Just trying to cut down on packing because we will be flying.

Thanks for any feedback.

Deb

I would wear them to the Dining room, just not on formal or Elegant night although they match my formal gown, the color is perfect. They are very nice flip flops. Wear them and be happy. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Hehe, I can understand that sentiment. But I'm also a part of the generation that wears flip flops to the white house (I think...). Anyway, I'm 23, so I'm not old by any means. But I think flip flops have a place and a dining room or the White House isn't it. Besides, there are so many cute comfortable shoes that aren't made out of rubber! I love cruising out of NY because then I can drive to the pier and take as many shoes as I want. And I have been known to change my shoes throughout the course of the night just so I can wear them all. I leave the flip flops, even the cute ones, for poolside and beach time.

The way I see it, most people don't really get to dress so cute in their everyday life. Sure some people dress up for work, but not in cute fun clothes. Going on a cruise lets you wear all the cute stuff for 7 days straight! All the stuff you never really have an occasion to wear at home, you can wear it on a cruise. But like I said, I change my shoes throughout the night just so I can wear them all, same goes for my outfits. I will wear everything I brought with me on a cruise, it just might take me a few costume changes first.

I thought most cruise lines frowned on flip flops at dinner in the dining room? Perhaps not. On a personal note, I would rather wear ballet slippers for the dining room rather than flip flops if you can't or don't like heels...that's just me. Ballet slippers are comfy and dressier. There is always the casual dining option in which case flip flops would be fine.

Here is a picture:

[ATTACH]104979[/ATTACH]

Thanks for any feedback.

Deb

I see you are sailing on the Mariner........love that ship. Those flip flops will look cute with capris.......

There will be many others wearing the same. Believe me this is what women will be wearing.......

Have a wonderful cruise!

I don't think they would be appropriate for the dining room. Since they

are rubber that makes them a little (actually a lot) more casual. I don't think I would even wear them on a casual night in the dining room. A

leather sandel would be much more appropriate.

I know some of the flip flops with stones on them can be quite expensive

as my friend has some that she paid $200.00 for. I would never pay that

for a pair of rubber flip flops because I don't wear them for dressy wear.

Kay

I must be a strange woman, :) I do not own a pair of flip-flops and I do not own a pair of tennis shoes or a pair of shoes that have laces at all. I love shoes and have many, many pairs, but no flip flops.

There are two of us strange women then .. I admit I do own a pair of flip flops .. that I wear home from a pedi cure.. However I am re-thinking that because I saw these yesterday

Alexis-Thong-By-Midnight-Velvet_69310_lg.jpg

There are two of us strange women then .. I admit I do own a pair of flip flops .. that I wear home from a pedi cure.. However I am re-thinking that because I saw these yesterday

Alexis-Thong-By-Midnight-Velvet_69310_lg.jpg

Hey Kathy:D...personally, I don't consider those

flip-flops. (Maybe that is just me;):eek:)

The bling is a bit much for my style but they are kinda

cute.:)...again, for me, that is not a flip-flop.

Archived