Century Royal Suites/below pool noisy?

benzygirl

I am thinking of booking a RS 1046 to be exact. I was surprised to see that it is right below the pool deck, and is not cushioned by another deck of cabins above it. Will I hear chairs being dragged around in the AM? Anyone have some actual knowlege on this?

Thanks so much.

Yes you will hear noise from deck above. I have stayed in RS 1028 on Century and would never book this suite again. It is a very nice, spacious suite with a FAB balcony. The problem is that the noise starts early (before 6:00 a.m.) and lasts all day. The rolling cart on the deck above drove me crazy. I am a light sleeper so perhaps I am more sensitive than most to noise.'

Bottom line -- if you are sensitive to noise, avoid this suite. If noise is generally not a problem for you,then you will love the suite.

I was afraid of this, and they are holding the cabin until Sunday. We stayed in a suite on an RCL ship and the buffet was above us, and all we heard was chairs grinding back and forth all day. We are sensitive to noise, so I am thinking this whole deck may not be a good choice for us. Should I look at a Sky Suite on deck 12 and be smaller but safer? It is only a 4 night cruise we are going on.

Thanks for your input.

1046 is right next to one of the PHs. 1028 is pretty far forward so I'm not sure you are comparing apples and apples. I would think the noise above the PH's wouldn't be that bad but haven't sailed on Century before.

Did you find the noise to be worse during sea days or port days? Just enquiring. We are going to be in 1041 on a TA which obviously has a lot of sea days.

We sleep so soundly on a ship that we would probably miss the "abandon ship" announcement ;). We've been a lot of cabins in various places and the noise never came into the cabin. Even had one right next to an elevator and really never heard anything inside the cabin.

You would think they would make sure it was quiet above the Penthouse, but you would also think they would put a deck of cabins above the most expensive suites, not a deck where chairs and such will be moving.

Unfortunately I have experienced being woken up out of a sound sleep at 6AM from chairs moving above us, and it wasn't pleasant. They tried so hard to accomodate us, that they gave us a balcony cabin to sleep in, (as no other suites were available) and we went back to our suite during the day. I used to travel down the hall at night in my terry robe to sleep. My husband and I laughed every night as we did it.

Anyone else have any experience with the RS cabins on Century.

Thanks.

Holston, were you up very early on the cruise or did you try and sleep in.

We are not early risers and I am just concerned about hearing the pool chairs being moved above us in the morning. If there isn't any noise, I would much prefer the RS to the SS. Thanks

I have also stayed in a Sky Suite on deck 12 on Century and had no problems noise-wise (I was in 1231). Twice during cruise I heard someone running on deck above (that part of deck is not supposed to be used by joggers, but people break that rule from time to time.) But this was infiinitely preferable to what I had to endure in RS on deck 10. If I sail on Century again, I would stay in Sky Suite even though it is not comparable in terms of size to a RS.

We were on Century 2/5-2/9 and talked to people in suites on 10 who were up all night with deck noise above - seems they are doing some deck work and the dragging of chairs kept them up all night....we were in CC on 9 and it was peaceful all the time - so if you are sensitive to noise perhaps you should sacrifice space for quiet - I know we do after learning our lesson on another ship.....our experience on Century was wonderful - great crew, food, etc.....can't wait to go again

See this link for our review from this same cruise last March 22

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=745101&highlight=

See link for virtual tour of Century Royal Suite ..

The virtual link for the Century "Penthouse" is a Royal Suite trust me on this ... the virtual for the "Penthouse" suite is actually a video of a Royal Suite.... Looks "exactly" link RS 1041 which we stayed in on our 3/22 cruise.

go to http://www.cruisecheap.com/print_display.asp?PageID=345

and click on Royal Suite ... let the webpage load and then click on 'Live' and then on Penthouse... what you will see is a Royal Suite ... trust me on this. :cool:

See this link for our review from this same cruise last March 22

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=745101&highlight=

See link for virtual tour of Century Royal Suite ..

The virtual link for the Century "Penthouse" is a Royal Suite trust me on this ... the virtual for the "Penthouse" suite is actually a video of a Royal Suite.... Looks "exactly" link RS 1041 which we stayed in on our 3/22 cruise.

go to http://www.cruisecheap.com/print_display.asp?PageID=345

and click on Royal Suite ... let the webpage load and then click on 'Live' and then on Penthouse... what you will see is a Royal Suite ... trust me on this. :cool:

I did look and I'm pretty sure that is not a video of a RS. We've been on RS's on Mercury, Infinity and Millenium which are rated square foot wise larger than that on Century. On all 3 there were two sofas that took up the majority of the living area. The video shows three sofas with room to spare. There also appears to be a table for 6 or so in the background, in the other RS's it sat 4.

We'd be pleasantly suprised if this not the case for RS1041 next Nov/Dec but will be just as happy to do some cruising again.

To the OP, we've never had any noise problem's in our 3 other RS on the other three ships. Well one, butler would call us 5 minutes before breakfast was ready ;).

I did look and I'm pretty sure that is not a video of a RS. ...

We'd be pleasantly suprised if this not the case for RS1041 next Nov/Dec but will be just as happy to do some cruising again.

raudacruise: trust me ... that is almost exactly the very RS we were in... The Penthouse is much bigger. That is not the Century Penthouse!

Same dining table and chairs, same coffee tables and sofas.

raudacruise: trust me ... that is almost exactly the very RS we were in... The Penthouse is much bigger. That is not the Century Penthouse!

Same dining table and chairs, same coffee tables and sofas.

OK, I couldn't believe so I did a little googling:

http://flickr.com/groups/50735917@N00/pool/tags/century/

I will be d**med. That this is as big as you say. Only problem is we don't leave until next Thanksgiving :mad:.

Archived