How late can you purchase a cruise?

cruzebunny

I am in the process of planning for spring break. I am planning with another family that isn't sure about the timing-3/21-3/28.

How much time does the cruise company need for passengers to purchase the cruise? Don't they have to report the final passenger list to the Fed Government?

Thanks for your help.

Iv known folks to post they bought the cruise that morning to board that day. Depends on how close to the port they live. I bought 4 days early, wanted time to print off my edocs, just made the 5 pm deadline.

some people get confused by that 72 hours when the ship turns in the manifest, what they dont know is some are not ON the manifest and it doesnt matter. I wasnt on it, so I did have a little more rigamarole to get my baggage checked, but you dont have to book before that 72 hour window when the ship turns in the manifest.

My friends parents bought a cruise for 2010 and they thought it was this year so they got to the port and they said this is for 2010!

Then they went home and un-packed then a carnval rep called them saying that a ship was going to leave within 2 hrs they packed ran out the door got to the port and got on! By the time they got on they rushed to there room for the MD and sail away!

cbc

My friends parents bought a cruise for 2010 and they thought it was this year so they got to the port and they said this is for 2010!

Then they went home and un-packed then a carnval rep called them saying that a ship was going to leave within 2 hrs they packed ran out the door got to the port and got on! By the time they got on they rushed to there room for the MD and sail away!

cbc

That sucks about the wrong date but it's great about getting to cruise a year earlier than the ticket stated:)

Some will say they need 72 hours, some say 48 hours, but you could get cabins 2-3 days ahead of time, except that the cabin selection will be very limited by that time and you won't get a very good cabin.

I guess you agree with the people who say 48 to 72 hours.

I know WennFred booked a cruise the morning of the cruise so Vegas seems to be on the money.

Bill.

I guess you agree with the people who say 48 to 72 hours.

I know WennFred booked a cruise the morning of the cruise so Vegas seems to be on the money.

Bill.

Yes, it can happen, especially with 'repeat, frequent' cruisers who have already been checkout out by Homeland Security. Some cruises we've been on haven't even had a cabin left by sailing day though, so that's a risk.

Good question. Depending on how my daughter likes the cruise this year, I may last minute book for a cruise over the Christmas holiday. I know there is a good chance that there will be no rooms but I may just go ahead and give it a try anyway. If I can't book one, no biggie.

Archived