Online Luggage Tag Tip

Gay Cruiser

We just got off the last 5 day Cabo, MX cruise, on the Elation. We booked only 6 days before the cruise.

Here is what I did to my my printed luggage tags as strong as the ones you used to get in the mail.

If you have heavier card stock use it. We used 110# not the normal 20# stock, but the thing to do is take the clear packing tape and place over the tags on both sides.

Using the 110# stock we also cut the tags along the lines they tell you not to. Since the tags were covered in plastic tape they withstood the rain in San Diego on the day we boarded. Use lots of staples and presto, they work like a charm.

We just got off the last 5 day Cabo, MX cruise, on the Elation. We booked only 6 days before the cruise.

Here is what I did to my my printed luggage tags as strong as the ones you used to get in the mail.

If you have heavier card stock use it. We used 110# not the normal 20# stock, but the thing to do is take the clear packing tape and place over the tags on both sides.

Using the 110# stock we also cut the tags along the lines they tell you not to. Since the tags were covered in plastic tape they withstood the rain in San Diego on the day we boarded. Use lots of staples and presto, they work like a charm.

We also use packing tape over the printed tags and staple on end and both sides. We have not lost one yet.

The more important question is did you great rate only 6 days out?

Number 2 rubber bands work fine also.

You can also print the tags black/white to save on color ink.

The color on the tags whether its peach, light blue doesn't mean anything, I have them in all types of colors for the same cabin.

Fred

You can also print the tags black/white to save on color ink.

Fred, my guess is if they can afford a cruise, they can afford to print 4,5,6 or 7 luggage tags in color..... can't really see much of a savings there.

Costs 10 times as much for all the heavy duty tape, laminations, staples and wire tires anyway. :cool:

Been doing the tape thing ever since I've been doing electronic docs. Don't even need to use the heavier paper.....;)

Where on the Carnival website to you go to print out the luggage tags?:confused: I went there but can't find where to look!:o

Go to my documents. It is the last page of the docs.

The easiest thing to do is do nothing. The porters will give you tags at the pier.

Archived