Can you help me plan a Cabin Crawl?

GmaPajama

I need some help from the experts, again. :) I'd like to plan a Cabin Crawl for an upcoming cruise, and don't know how. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and our Roll Call is interested, but I've never even attended one. I'd like to just bring a sign up sheet to the Meet & Greet - but I'm not even sure how to do that.

Do I pre-print arrival times, and have people choose?

How much time is normally alloted to each cabin?

What time of day has worked out well for you?

What special things can we do to make it fun?

Any and all suggestions here would be much appreciated.

It's very easy, GMAPajama. We did a cabin crawl on our recent b2b, the 2/2 portion. Those who were interested, indicated it on the Roll Call. Pretty much everyone who attended the M & G, opened their cabins.

Very informal. After the M & G, we proceeded from the Crow's Nest to Deck 8, and down from there. Our M & G was from 1 to 2 PM. I'd guess the Cabin Crawl didn't take more than an hour or so. It was fun to see all the different configurations of space.

GmaPajama -

Yep, they are fun! We participated in one too and it all started with the roll-call, a list of who wanted to participate and their cabin number. One member did organize it so we went by deck, in other words you don't want to see a cabin on deck 1, then go up to deck 7 and then go back down to deck 1.:eek: Ours was done late morning, we all met in front of one of the lounges at a particular time and it lasted about an hour. Some of the group went to lunch in the dining room afterwards.

So far you've gotten great advice on how to do it. You can see our cabin crawl in my Noordam Alaska gallery. It's quite fun and you really do get to see a big variety of cabins. One more tip:If you're taking pictures of each cabin type make SURE you take a picture of the room number plate outside the door FIRST so you remember what cabin it was. Also, later when people ask if anyone has a picture of a certain cabin number or type it's easier for you to find later. I think we had about 10 cabins on ours. Have a blast!:D

I've been on one that was done a little differently - more like a moving block party with food and drinks. We met in a lounge and spent about 10 minutes socializing then went to the lowest passenger level on the ship. For the small interior and ocean view cabins we basically just went in for a minute, looked, and moved on to the next deck up. A few people in larger cabins (family size interiors, balconies, suites) had some plates of snacks and drinks so we stayed in there for a little while before moving on. We ended up in the largest suite for an afternoon party on the balcony. The whole thing lasted around 2-2.5 hours. We all chipped in on the food and drinks so the cabin owners weren't stuck with the expense. I had a small balcony cabin so we just looked at it, but I bought a cheese plate to deliver to one of the suites. Others bought fruit plates or a bottle of wine, pack of sodas, etc. It turned out fun but there was some planning involved. It might be more than you want to do.

Thanks for the great ideas! Nathan, I remember that cruise where you surprised your mom with the suite. Thanks for pointing me to the pics of the cabin crawl. Kyriecat, the rolling block party style sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'll post some options to our roll call and see what folks think.

Thanks again everyone - I am learning!

Thanks for the great ideas! Nathan, I remember that cruise where you surprised your mom with the suite. Thanks for pointing me to the pics of the cabin crawl. Kyriecat, the rolling block party style sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'll post some options to our roll call and see what folks think.

Thanks again everyone - I am learning!

Great ideas from Kyriecat! Refreshments would be great if it's done at a different time than the M & G. As it was, HAL spoiled us with appetizers, champagne, mimosas, etc. so it wasn't necessary.

Great ideas from Kyriecat! Refreshments would be great if it's done at a different time than the M & G. As it was, HAL spoiled us with appetizers, champagne, mimosas, etc. so it wasn't necessary.
We had our M&G on the second day of the cruise (sea day). We did the cabin crawl on the 4th day of the cruise because it was the next sea day. I think we started around 1:30 or 2 so everyone would be up and the stewards would have time to do their magic. We finished up with enough time for the early dinner people to get ready. Not everyone from the M&G did the cabin crawl so we had about 20 people. It was a little tight in some of the cabins but overall a good experience. No one had the Royal Suite (I guess the equivalent of a Penthouse Suite on HAL) so I didn't get to see that one. I really wanted to!

I have done a cabin crawl as well, it worked out like the block party discribed above. We actually added a poker run to our cabin crawl with the cards being handed out in each room. The winner took the pot of entry money. We pad 1.00 per person to enter the poker run.

I am going on Holland for the first time in august. And you mention that they had a M&G, did you sign up for that through Holland? Like on RCCL? or did someone arrange it for you? Thanks for the help.

I just wanted to pop in this thread to say I too had a great experience when we did the cabin crawl on the Noordam 10 day sailing beginning February 2, 2009.

Here's a shout out to the CCers who attended the meet and greet in the Crow's

Nest that day too.

As Sheila said, we started on Deck 8 and worked our way through the ship from side to side and from one end to the other. I'd say we worked off a dessert or two. There were many laughs as well:)

Janet,

Just go to the Roll Call area here and look for your sailing. Someone may already have set up a M&G with HAL. If not you can contact them and set one up. They are really good about them and usually you can get serveral crew members to attend as well.

I just wanted to pop in this thread to say I too had a great experience when we did the cabin crawl on the Noordam 10 day sailing beginning February 2, 2009.

Here's a shout out to the CCers who attended the meet and greet in the Crow's

Nest that day too.

As Sheila said, we started on Deck 8 and worked our way through the ship from side to side and from one end to the other. I'd say we worked off a dessert or two. There were many laughs as well:)

So good to hear from you!

I can't believe the only other time we saw you two during the cruise was walking through the streets of Curacao!!!

Janet,

Just go to the Roll Call area here and look for your sailing. Someone may already have set up a M&G with HAL. If not you can contact them and set one up. They are really good about them and usually you can get serveral crew members to attend as well.

Great, thank you.:D

Archived