Room Service Questions

Travelfor4

We are looking thinking about booking a cruise on the princess coral. I have some questions about room service. I heard that there sre some items for free and some that cost. What types of options are free and what types of options cost and what are the costs? I also heard you can have breakfast or dinner delivered to your balcony for an extra fee. Has anyone done this? What are the charges? Is it worth it? Also with breakfast, are the options mostly continental? Any other thoughts on room service would be great. Thanks for your help..

We are looking thinking about booking a cruise on the princess coral. I have some questions about room service. I heard that there sre some items for free and some that cost. What types of options are free and what types of options cost and what are the costs? I also heard you can have breakfast or dinner delivered to your balcony for an extra fee. Has anyone done this? What are the charges? Is it worth it? Also with breakfast, are the options mostly continental? Any other thoughts on room service would be great. Thanks for your help..

Sandytoes posted pictures of the room service menus a while back, this link will take you to that thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848158

A suite you have all free in room dining. You can order from the main dining menu. Breakfast or whatever.

In standard rooms or mini suites you are limited. The link Toto gave may give you a bit more about it.

We always ate on our balcony

The Ultimate Balcony Dinner UBD is $100 per couple, The ultimate Balcony breakfast is $32 I think for 2.

Breakfast options are continental, a hang tag for your door with the selections you mark is left in your cabin at night. You hang it out to be picked up during the night and also mark a time to be delivered.

If you are not in a suite, you can get a continental breakfast in the morning for free. 24 hours you can get free sandwiches, burgers and salads. Pizza is $3.

Other things with a charge include canapes, chocolate strawberries, sodas, alcohol, etc.

Hi Folks.

While you may get feebies such as sandwiches and limited "quick grill" items please remember that the majority of your serving staff and room stewards rely significantly on thetips they make.

Please reward their extra running around the ship if the service is good, and remember that during meal hours, if your snacks seem to be a little late, it's because they're trying to feed 2599 other people as well through two sittings and an anytime dining restaurant...and that's not the fault of the messenger.

Ciao for now!!!

Of course, nothing is ever assumed free. And, we are good tippers. The people working on the ships work hard and we appreciate that, and tip accordingly. I know that sometimes room service can be slow esp. in the busy dinner hours.

We have done the Ultimate balcony Dining at !00$ for two and worth every penny. Call as quickly as you can when you board. Dial DINE (I think) on the phone and make the reservation. They limit the number per night. Food is delicious, privacy great, a waiter and assistant, photo taken pre dinner, flowers to enjoy all week.

Archived