Questions about Lowfat options on the Grand

jeana

To all of those who have traveled the Grand Princess in Europe, I am wondering if you can help me with a couple of questions:

Does the Grand offer low fat salad dressings in the buffet?

Skim or "Low Fat" Milk (which I think for Princess is 2%)

Low fat yogurts (at breakfast buffet, usually)

And if anyone has any personal tips, please advise.

I know, it's a bummer, but have to ask. Thanks for your help!

JT

If lowfat is a priority for you suggest adding the lowfat diet as a special service....i believe you need to fax onboard services as well at least 6 weeks prior to sailing. Do not know anout the yogurt / milk etc as i do not eat much dairy, myself. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

JT

Yes, there is always at least one low fat salad dressing option on the buffet.

Also 2% milk is also available.

I know there is yogurt, but can't remember if it is low fat or not, but I would guess it is also available.

The lowfat milk on the Grand last summer in Europe was more like the 2% milk we have here in the states. Still too "thick" for someone like me who is used to drinking skim, so I simply watered it down a bit and could drink it then. Sorry, but I really can't remember if the yogurt was lowfat or not since I didn't have any.

To all of those who have traveled the Grand Princess in Europe, I am wondering if you can help me with a couple of questions:

And if anyone has any personal tips, please advise.

I know, it's a bummer, but have to ask. Thanks for your help!

JT

Yes, they have low fat salad dressings, milk and yogurt. They also have things marked on the menus in the dining room that are "healthier".

Yes for the skim milk! We include a couple cartons in our morning room service order, and I keep a extras in the refrigerator to enjoy with my cookies at night before going to bed :-) (and if you break the cookie into pieces before you eat it, it reduces the caloric content -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

There is also skim milk available in the buffet; if I don't see it I've asked and they'll bring it out for me.

Each night in the dining room there's a great low fat dressing offered, different varieties throughout the cruise. They are also offered in the buffet salad bar (signs mark each type of dressing). In the dining room they also highlight the menu items that are 'spa' offerings: healthier, lower fat, lower sodium etc.

We try to balance out our intake throughout the trip to allow for special indulgences. AND always take the stairs. That way we manage to return home with minimum damage, and pants that still zip all the way up!

PS - I just noted you specifically asked about the Europe itinerary -- I'm sorry I responded about my Grand trip in the Caribbean. DARN -- I want to know about the Europe trip too! Anyone?

All the yogurt I've ever seen on Princess ships was just the regular kind, not low cal, low fat. Many times, I've seen them have the assortment where it's 1/3 strawberry, 1/3 mixed berry, and 1/3 peach. What that results in - and I've seen this a lot more than once - is by the end of the cruise all they have left is peach. Don't know why this is, but it looks to me like peach is the least favorite type, at least of those three.

Yes to all three. They have low-fat milk, because I've had it used for my mochas, not because I actually drink it (dreadful stuff!). They do have low-fat (but sadly not non-fat) yogurt because I've had it in the dining room and via room service, but I can't speak for what's at the buffet yogurt-wise as I've never sought it out up there. And they do have low-fat salad dressings -- it may not be one of the selections they've put out at the buffet on a given day but if you ask a nearby crew member, they'll go and fetch some for you.

Archived