Please don't slam me for this question

carmel

I don't know how to ask this without offending anyone so I'm just going to lay it out there and hope you guys know I am asking this with the best intentions.

We will be in Cozumel in January and are leaning towards Paradise Beach. I will be there with Hubby, daughters 6 and 2 and my parents (60 yrs old). I'm no bathing beauty and there are hills where there should be valleys!

Anyway, do you think I would feel out of place having cave-fish white skin and dimples/rolls on Paradise Beach? Here is the tough question - I don't think my parents nor my daughters would like being in a place where there is a real party-hearty crowd. NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Partying, beaches and vacation *should* go together. I just keep getting images of 'Girls gone wild, spring break' in my head and would like to pick another beach if that is what it is like.

Again, I'm not making judgement on anyone. I just want to be able to feel comfortable on the beach and have everyone in my group have a good time.

No flames please - if I didn't have a hubby and two kids, I might be one of those partiers! LOL

p.s. I got no answer on the POC thread a few weeks back. Thought I would try here.

THANKS!!!!!

On the white skin - if that's your skin, that's your skin. Personally, I don't worry about mine being so white, except as sunburn is a concern. If you really want to look a little tan when you get there w/o a tanning booth, I've found some success with the fake tan in a bottle stuff.

On the hills and valleys - again, I don't worry - and I'm no "bathing beauty". I just go with the flow and wear a "modest" suit.

I'm suprised you didn't get any anwers on the Cozumel boards - there are tons of reviews and posts about Paradise Beach. While I haven't been there - yet - I've read many reviews from those who went there with kids and families and had a nice time. It doesn't sound like a "party" beach to me.

DH and I will probably go to Paradise Beach when we're in Coz in 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to a relaxing time in the sun. :D

We went to Paradise Beach last winter. You will fit in just fine. It did not have a "girls gone wild" atmosphere at all. Playa Sol, where the Fiesta Party Boat docks, does. But Paradise Beach should be perfect for your family. Very clean facilities...bathrooms and showers. The service was wonderful. The bar/restaurant was excellent. And you just have to get a massage on the beach. It is $30 for 30 minutes, and it was the best! You don't take your suit off, they just lower your bathing suit straps.

Hey, I know exactly how you feel. After giving birth twice my body just isn't what it used to be, and I'm no bathing beauty either.:rolleyes: But, that being said, our family loved Paradise beach. It was very family oriented and not a party place at all. In fact, I didn't see that many young 20 something's at all. There were a number of middle aged married couples, several young families with kids, and a few grandparents there. But I really didn't see any "Babewatch" beauties there. I did see a very pretty young woman there on her honeymoon with her husband. But she was the only one there with a great figure. Everyone else looked like normal everyday folks. Some were heavy, some were thin, some had stretch marks, some were bald, there was a little bit of everything there.:)

If you're worried about going to Paradise beach and seeing a lot of "Babewatch" beauties running around making you feel not so attractive, don't worry about it. Paradise beach just isn't like that. It's not crowded and there's not lots of young 20 somethings drinking and partying either. It's mostly average everyday folks like you and me there just laying back and relaxing. I would call it a family oriented beach that is very laid back and quiet. We were there Nov. 5th, and I miss it so much!:(

Anything at paradise beach to see under the sea? Kids are 4, 5, and 11 none are good swimmers(they will all bring their life jackets) I want a massage, and hubby wants food. Sounds like our "paradise"

They do have snorkle equipment but there is not a whole lot to see. My DD and her friend did see a lot of fish. There is a water trampoline and a floating "iceburg" they can climb. You would have to wade in with the small ones to get to them. There is a tremendous amount of information on the Ports of call board. Paradise Beach Tom can answer any of your questions.

We've done Mr. Sanchos the last 2 times we were in Cozumel quiet, lots of families, GREAT SERVICE.

I wouldn't worry so much about the real party people on the beach. They are going to be on the Party Boat, Carlos & Charlie's and Senor Frogs. You'll be able to spot them. They'll be the ones crawling back to ship.:)

Northerner, there's not much to see under the sea near the beach that would be all that interesting to us adults. But my 5 and 7 year old kids loved using their snorkel masks right there in the shallow water of the beach. They saw some sort of clam trying to dig down into the sand. They saw several small tropical fish, and collected numerous "pretty" shells. Playing with their snorkel masks in the shallow water near the beach kept them entertained all afternoon long.:D

Neither of my kids are good swimmers, but they provide childrens life jackets at the snorkel shop for free if you pay the $5 fee for use of all of the water toys. So you can save yourself the trouble of bringing your kids life jackets if you plan on using the water toys.:)

what nice positive comments you all have written to this woman - its so nice to read strings that are so cordial! I have no comment on Paradise Beach as I am usually one of the people that can be spotted returning to the ship after Playa Sol or Senor Frogs - LOL - 7 days no kids brings that out in this Mom - LOL - Enjoy Paradise Beach it sounds wonderful!!!!

Trust me you will see plenty of white bodies on the pool decks of the ships. Don't worry as our cruise director said, " enjoy everything this is your cruise, and remember in week you will never see any of this people again." Some people complained that Paradise beach or the way to it was dirty. (I don't know this for a fact because we went to Chankanaab Park.) Chankanaab Park was very nice and you can see the dolphins without doing the encounter. They also had some nice snorkeling. About Paradise they seemed to have a good time except for the fact things seemed dirty to them. I think you will have a great time at Paradise and remember Don't Worry about everyone else just do your thing (while being considerate to other passengers of course) and you will have a great time.

Thanks so much for the replies. It is just what I wanted to hear.

Back in my college sorority days, my valleys were deep and my hills, well, hadn't succumb to gravity yet! I would be right there with the 'ritas at Carlos and Charlies with a thong giving me a wedgie and enjoying the freedom of no children, no hubby, no mortgage and no worries.

Alas, I'm at a different stage now. Yeah, I'm one of those mothers that wishes the commercials for CSI weren't so graphic while my 6yr old and I are enjoying Survivor. I ask for a table far away from the bar area at restaurants because sometimes the discussions get a bit too riske for the kids. My thong is replaced with hold-the-tummy-in granny undies and the most exciting part of my day is getting my girls to bed early enough that I have time to read a chapter in my book before passing out. But, I wouldn't trade any of that for the world!!!

LOL Thanks again. NOW I'M OBNOXIOUSLY EXCITED!!!!

A few tanning sessions can to wonders to hide some of those "dimples". I know from experience.

One thing that I have found while on our cruises is that no one really cares on the islands. I have never felt judged. I think everyone just wants to have a great time! I wouldn't worry AT ALL!

HI! I'm not skinny either, but I used to be! :)

I went on Elation, to Paradise Beach last Spring Break.

My skinny college daughter & her two like friends went

on the party boat.

We all had fun...........in our own way.

I wouldn't change a thing....

I LOVED it! It was wonderful............

I didn't exactly get tons of attention from the waiters, but it had nothing to do with my wait (sorry about the pun, couldn't help it! ;) weight! It was because I only drink soft drinks.......they didn't make as much money or tips off of me.

I loved being skinny. I wish I was today.

Go & have fun! Don't worry about how you look..........there are lots more who look like YOU & ME than don't!

:) Good Luck & Best Wishes!

Val

Ok, this is my philosophy in life----whenever you are at the beach, there is always someone that will look worse in a bathing suit than you do. So, please, please, please don't worry about what you look like, just go and have a great time. Life is too short!

We were at PB last July and it was very family oriented, and you know what, I was probably the one that looked worse than everyone else in a suit and no one cared or paid attention.

Jody

Just returned from Paradise Beach and far from model body here too but had just as much fun as the skinny people. We found the restooms to be exceptionally clean. Food & drinks were good and staff was excellent. I have been to Playa del Sol, Passion Island, Fiesta Party Boat. Paradise is now my new favorite. We had people of all ages & shapes & sizes in our group and no one even noticed. Maybe because we were all having too much fun. It's your vacation.....go enjoy yourself & don't worry what others think. 28_1_16.gif

Archived