HAL- VIP Package

gwenmarie

Does anyone know what this is. My TA received this credit for me for an upcoming cruise Sept 2005,Seattle to Tampa 33 days. Plus a $40.00 stateroom credit for the Pinnacle Grill or any other charges. If you have received a VIP package, please let me know what is included. The TA says wine, champagne and VIP invitation.

gwenmarie.....

That was very generous of your TA and I hope you enjoy it all. Many TA's have stopped giving their clients any sort of gifts at all. You know right up front that he/she gifted you Pinnacle which is $40.00.

Have a great cruise.

The company my TA works for has some "VIP" cruise. They include perks like 2 bottle of wine per cabin, dinner at the Pinnacle and a massage I think. They call it a "VIP" package I believe. It is offered on certain cruises that I sense they have reserved rooms and have a representative of the company cruising and available to answer questions. Possibly this is what you are receiving. :)

We were thrilled, as we were ready to book the cruise without all that and it was provided when we booked the cruise at a very competitve rate. That was a lovely surprise!!:cool:

That's GREAT, Localady.

You booked that cruise anyway, that was the one you wanted and you obviously approved of the price....so when you got all those extras, that really was a NICE surprise. Good going!!

Gifted...what a neat word. It's new to me, but I like it. Thanks, Sail. Keep 'em coming.
Per Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary:

gifted: adj 1. having great natural ability: talented 2: revealing a special gift

I agree it may not have been the best choice of wording or best usage. I think most folks got the drift of what I meant.

S7S-

We were very pleased with the surprise!! A dinner at the Pinnacle is always a treat, especially when it's gratis:):cool:

One week till we leave for the Rotterdam...each time I am so anxious, I can almost smell the sea air and taste the volcano cake;) :cool:

:) No offense taken. Seeing as it was a 'new word' to you, I thought it would be helpful to quote the dictionary. I still agree it was not the best usage or choice of word.

I am quite certain that in many posts I have butchered sentence structure, vocabulary choices and grammer rules more times than I can count. Whada'ya'gonna do?

Expedia is currently offering some inducements similar to that for selected cruises:

Expedia Extras included:

Dinner for two at the intimate, reservations-only Pinnacle Grill

2 – unlimited fountain soft drink cards

2 bottles of wine per cabin

There is also a Visa card promotion, and "special pricing" on a number of Feb - April cruises. I presume other agencies have similar programs.

SFJ

Archived