WorldPoints = OBC!

Mrs.Right

Occaisionally I review what I can spend those wonderful affinity points on, that I accumulate by using my credit card. Yesterday, I realized that I could buy an OBC with points that will cover gratuities and have some left over for adult beverages, shopping, etc. Yippee!!

I was a little concerned about the execution and how it was going to happen but after a couple of phone calls asking questions I decided to take the plunge and try it. One more call to Celebrity and we should be good. I'll let you know how it works out..........

Barbara

My credit card is not a Celebrity card but Celebrity is one of the *partners* I can spend my points with in a variety of ways. I thought OBC was great becasue I KNOW I'll need that!

I redeemed my points online yesterday and called Celebrity with the order number last night so my part only took 8-10 hours. Maybe Celebrity takes 2 weeks to process :confused: I know I was told originally that I would need to send them the certificate but now they do not send a certificate and the order number apparently did it. :D

Barbara

Jeanne,

I don't know for sure but I suspect you would forfeit any unused OBC. The credit was available in several different denominations so I figured out what our gratuities would be and used the figure closest to double that because I hope to schedule some spa time. You better believe I'll be in the gift shop buying cigarettes or liquor on the last night if I haven't used it all :p and I don't smoke!

Barbara

Occaisionally I review what I can spend those wonderful affinity points on, that I accumulate by using my credit card. Yesterday, I realized that I could buy an OBC with points that will cover gratuities and have some left over for adult beverages, shopping, etc. Yippee!!

I was a little concerned about the execution and how it was going to happen but after a couple of phone calls asking questions I decided to take the plunge and try it. One more call to Celebrity and we should be good. I'll let you know how it works out..........

Barbara

How long did it take to get the coupon/certificate? I think that is what worldpoints sends you. Then do you have to mail this to Celebrity or can you just call?

How long did it take to get the coupon/certificate? I think that is what worldpoints sends you. Then do you have to mail this to Celebrity or can you just call?

Hi Sam !

We called World Points last Thurs. or Friday and received the certificate yesterday. Then just called Captain's Club and it was as easy as that ! Just call World Points at 1-800-434-8313, option #4 and it's done ! :D

I was afraid it would only apply if I booked through "someone" and I had the credit in hand before booking. As it happened I had booked myself online several weeks ago and I asked before redeeming the points if either of the above was required. I was told that it could be applied to a cruise I had already booked online and I would just have to call Celebrity and give them the order number.

Sure enough, that is how it worked. When I called Celebrity, they tranferred me to the Captain's Club (I'm not a member but that's apparently where the credit gets taken care of) and took my information by phone including the order number and as far as I know, we're good to go.

I plan to confirm before sailing but as of right now it looks good to go!

Barbara

This sounds really easy. Since I have a lot of World Points and I am a Captain's Club member, I think I'm going to check into this tonight after work. I have a cruise coming up on the Solstice on 3/29/09 and this would be a nice bonus. I could really use a good back massage!!

Jeanne

We use our BofA World Points for every cruise each year. It is my business card and we also pay our daughters tuition with it and be sure to pay it off each month or it's not worth it. This year we are getting and OBC over 1000.00. I ordered it all online and got the paperwork in about 10 days. I faxed the info to my TA and then contacted Captains Club to be sure the credit had been applied. Painless process and it has always worked for me.

Hi Sam !

We called World Points last Thurs. or Friday and received the certificate yesterday. Then just called Captain's Club and it was as easy as that ! Just call World Points at 1-800-434-8313, option #4 and it's done ! :D

Robin - thanks for the info. You got your's pretty quick! Plan to redeem some points for our cruise.:)

Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail with a different order number on it and instructions that said I must call Celebrity to have the OBC applied to my reservation. The number took me directly to the Captains Club (Dee you're a gem :D) where it was applied. Now I am hoping it will be showing on my reservation online so I can forgo yet another call to confirm.....

Barbara

Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail with a different order number on it and instructions that said I must call Celebrity to have the OBC applied to my reservation. The number took me directly to the Captains Club (Dee you're a gem :D) where it was applied. Now I am hoping it will be showing on my reservation online so I can forgo yet another call to confirm.....

Barbara

My credit never did show on my reservation but I did ask CC to send me an email to confirm the credit, and they did. I also took the letter from World Points, just in case. On past cruises I never had a problem and on a 7 day cruise the OBC usually shows up on the 2nd or 3rd day.

i have an american express-celebrity when i first got it, i am pretty sure that at some level of points, you earned a free cruise. i cannot find that on the website. anyone have an idea about that?:)

Badger71 - I believe it is 75K points for a free cruise. I remember posting to a thread that discussed the *free cruise* option a little bit. It was from last summer, and I have no idea what recent changes may have ocurred. I do remember that finding the information was really not easy :(

The link to the thread is here if you want to look:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=804216

Hal

It is 75K points for a companion cruise and 175K points for a Caribbean cruise for 2.

On the Bank of America site: Go to rewards, then merchandise, then Celebrity Cruises. There you will find all of the X items. We just did 50K and 25K points for a $750.00 OBC for our cruise.

Archived