Kusadasi and Dolphin Swim

While docked in Kusadasi, has anyone been to the Adaland water park and done the dolphin swim? I'm interested in logistics, costs and your opinions on the experience. How did it compare to doing the same in Cozumel, for example? Thanks! :)

Haven't done the Dolphin swim but if this is your first time to Kusadasi I hope you are planning to see Ephesus first. IMO thats a compelling must see. Maybe you plan to do this and then the Dolphin swim. Up to you of course.

The dolphin swim was discussed previously. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=800297

As far as which tour operators can take you there, you may want to look through the recommendations on this board and then contact them to obtain more information.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

The dolphin swim was discussed previously. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=800297

As far as which tour operators can take you there, you may want to look through the recommendations on this board and then contact them to obtain more information.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

There's been no previous discussion about Adaland in general or the dolphin swim specifically, in this or any other thread I have searched for.

Haven't done the Dolphin swim but if this is your first time to Kusadasi I hope you are planning to see Ephesus first. IMO thats a compelling must see. Maybe you plan to do this and then the Dolphin swim. Up to you of course.
Celsus Tours has in fact detailed and priced a tour that is exactly as you suggest. However I am having a hard time getting information on exactly what this dolphin swim includes and whether it's any good. The adaland.com site has been and is still down. Thanks!

Please do some research on dolphin swims before you support this activity. Here are a couple of informative websites:

http://www.hsus.org/marine_mammals/what_are_the_issues/marine_mammals_in_captivity/

http://swimming.about.com/od/swimminganimals/a/dolphinswimpeta.htm

If you're not concerned about the cruelty of keeping wild, family-oriented animals in restricted environments away from their kin, please consider that dolphins can infect humans with brucellosis and have been known to injure humans during swims.

While docked in Kusadasi, has anyone been to the Adaland water park and done the dolphin swim? I'm interested in logistics, costs and your opinions on the experience. How did it compare to doing the same in Cozumel, for example? Thanks! :)

HEY!!! I am SUPER SUPER SUPER excited to hear about this. I tried you on Facebook but missed you again. I am going out tonight but will try to catch you. I need to give you some Athens info and would LOVE info on this!!!

• 1 month later...
Still nobody who's done this? :)

Fly thousands of miles and then dock 25 minutes from Ephesus and choose to swim with dolphins? And you are surprised?

Hey, no problem; variety is the spice of life; to each his own!:)

I haven't done it, but in researching a LOT on Kusadasi for an upcoming trip, I have to say that I have not heard anything good about the dolphin swim at Adaland. First, it is not up to the standard of places like the Caribbean/Mexico. Second, I have heard the dolphins are kept in poor conditions.

Fly thousands of miles and then dock 25 minutes from Ephesus and choose to swim with dolphins? And you are surprised?

Hey, no problem; variety is the spice of life; to each his own!:)

We are in Kusadasi for 12 hours and our comprehensive tour of Ephesus, including the Terrace Houses, will take less than 4-5 hours. Even if we shop for another hour or so, there's time for a waterpark and dolphin swim. Some tour operators even offer the dolphin swim as an option with the Ephesus tours so what's wrong with that? :rolleyes:

Actually, I am planning the same :) Doing Ephesus in the morning and then do to the Adaland as I promised my 3 year old to swim with dolphins in the caribbean, but it was booked out everywhere during our cruise at christmas. I send them an Email to ask for information and got this response:

Firstly thanks for your interest to Adaland!

You can buy your dolphin swimming ticket from :

http://www.adaland.com/eticaret/en/cats.aspx?id=8

or you can fill the attached form and fax back to us.

Enjoy your splashing day!

In Adaland we have 3 parks, they are all located on the same site and all have their own separate entrance just a short stroll from each other.

You can switch the parks at the same day.

All have seperate entrances and here is the information about each of them :

Adaland AQUAPARK - (whole day park - 10:00 - 18:00 - the closing time is 19:00 in July and August )

Season openning : 1th of May - up to weather conditions - please check the website before you came to Adaland

0-3 age is free

4-9 age is 13 euro

9 age and up is 20 euro

Attractions :

1.. Pools (wave pool,lazy river, jakuzzi, ocean pool )

2.. more than 12 slides for adults and kiddies

3.. kiddies pool

4.. rafting (extra 10 YTL /per boat , boats are for two person )

5.. animations (rain dance)

Adaland DOLPHINPARK - (park times : limited to show durations and swimming periods - maximum 1.30 hours)

Season openning and show time: In April - up to weather conditions - please check the website before you came to Adaland

Attending the show prices:

0-3 age is free

4-9 age is 12 euro

9 age and up is 15 euro

Attractions :

1.. Dolphin and seal shows

2.. Photographs with dolphins and seals

3.. dolphin swimming and encounter ( 80 euro - per person- swimming period is 20 - 25 minutes)

For Dolphin Swimming : You can also have only the dolphin swimming activity, you do not have to attend the show to join this activity.

Sorry no reservation is accepted for dolphin swimming.

Since we have limited swimming for each sessions please buy your swimming ticket half an hour earlier. You can buy your ticket from Adaland

Dolphinpark gates or from Adaland Aquapark gates or you can buy online or you can fill the attached mail order form and fax back to us, we will send your ticket as scanned.

It is first-come first-serve basis.It will be better to buy your ticket before you arrive here. By doing this you will guarantee your swimming. It is done in a group.

0-3 age is not allowed, 4-6 age must be accompanied by parents.

Sorry no expectant mothers for this program.

Adaland SEAPARK - (whole day park- lunch included - 10:00 to 18:00 )

Season openning : 1th of June - up to weather conditions - please check the website before you came to Adaland

0-3 age is free

4-9 age is 30 euro

9 age and up is 40 euro

Attractions :

1.. Visiting aquarium room

2.. Snorkelling in reef pool - salt water

3.. Exploring rays in ray tank - salt water

4.. Tropical river and lake - fresh water

5.. Diving with sharks ( extra charge - will be announced in our website - till the announcement it is free of charge, but you have to enter the Seapark in order to do this activity) (done with two person in a cage)

6.. Dolphin swimming and encounter ( 80 euro - per person- swimming period is 20 - 25 minutes )

We have tropical sandy beaches in this park and lunch is included in the entrance price.

All our guests will be given mask , snorkel and shorty while entering the park and snorkels will be yours while leaving. (masks and shorty will be given back)

If you have more to ask please do not hesitate to contact!

Enjoy your splashing day!

Actually, I am planning the same :) Doing Ephesus in the morning and then do to the Adaland as I promised my 3 year old to swim with dolphins in the caribbean, but it was booked out everywhere during our cruise at christmas. I send them an Email to ask for information and got this response:

When will you be going?

We will be on the Noordam, leaving Rome on the 28th of July.
We'll be on the Noordam B2B leaving June 28th! I will let you know how it goes if we elect to stop in Adaland. In the meantime, I'm hoping someone else out there will give us feedback on their experiences later this season. :)

• 2 weeks later...

And though the experience was amazing, I would never do it again. Those glorious, intelligent animals are penned in, never to swim full speed or leap with joy and unlimited space. I will admit that it's an unforgettable time but I was sad afterwards...

And though the experience was amazing, I would never do it again. Those glorious, intelligent animals are penned in, never to swim full speed or leap with joy and unlimited space. I will admit that it's an unforgettable time but I was sad afterwards...

Oh, that is too bad. I sure would have loved to have done this.

Archived