Snacks on freedom

300EXPRESS

Hi. We sail in about a month on Freedom and I know there is food available all the time but....what about some snacks for the kids between meals - besides ice cream and pizza, is there anything else offered between meals? Thanks.

I don't know how old your kids are, but if they are young, you can always grab a box or two of dry cereal in the morning off the buffet, and fresh fruit can be taken back to your cabin also. At lunch you can pick up some cookies for later too. You can also order cookies, muffins, potato chips, and fruit from room service, too.

Wow - thanks for answering my question! Your quick.

And now that I'm filled with all this good info and tips on room service, cookies, & boxes of dry cereal.....when we go ashore for excursions.....might be good to plan in advance and have some goodies for the afternoon on the islands!!!

I just love this board - thanks for all the help!!!

In addition to all that has been previously mentioned... we also take a small supply of ziplocs, and will grab some extra cookies, fruit, or whatever from the buffet area and put them in ziplocs for later munching.

And now that I'm filled with all this good info and tips on room service, cookies, & boxes of dry cereal.....when we go ashore for excursions.....might be good to plan in advance and have some goodies for the afternoon on the islands!!!

Most ports you are not allowed to take any food off unless it is in a sealed package...........especially no fruit.....

Yea, as stated, there are very few items you can take ashore...never any fruit. You could probably stash some sealed cereal or similiar in a backpack.

Water is OK.

Sure - all depends on what you want/like! There are sandwiches, fruit, fries, burgers, veggies, salads - the buffet goes right from breakfast to lunch to dinner... and room service is always available!

Not quite straight through. They usually shut down for a couple of hours between meal times. You can usually still get something (burgers, fries, nuggets) at the grill(s), or sandwiches, etc, from room service any time, if you are willing to hang in your cabin. Also, the pizza area has calzones and Caesar salads available, if that floats your boat.

You will not go hungry, lol.

Not quite straight through. They usually shut down for a couple of hours between meal times. You can usually still get something (burgers, fries, nuggets) at the grill(s), or sandwiches, etc, from room service any time, if you are willing to hang in your cabin. Also, the pizza area has calzones and Caesar salads available, if that floats your boat.

You will not go hungry, lol.

Right. Pizza (and the other stuff served there mentioned above)and ice cream are always available on the Lido Deck and Room Service is 24 hours.

A lot of the buffet areas are closed for a couple of hours in the late afternoon - after lunch and before dinner. Sushi also opens in the early evening on the Promenade Deck.

Also, there was a buffet of sorts on the Promenade Deck late at night. It was listed as 'Late Lite Bites"...or something similar to that... in the Capers. I never did get anything to eat but I did walk by a few times so I can't really comment on the selections. My DD's got cookies and brownies one night.

The specialty coffee shop on the ship also has incredibly delicious cakes - for $3 a slice, you get a tremendous piece of chocolate cake, strawberry shortcake, or giant cookies. One slice feeds 3 of us!

How could I have forgotten the Cafe!!! I went there several times for lattes! The Cafe (on the Promenade Deck) is for a charge but you can get all kins of yummy treats!

How could I have forgotten the Cafe!!! I went there several times for lattes! The Cafe (on the Promenade Deck) is for a charge but you can get all kins of yummy treats!

Do you remember how much the specialty coffees ran? I have heard people saying they are delicious, but I was wondering how much they were going for??

Do you remember how much the specialty coffees ran? I have heard people saying they are delicious, but I was wondering how much they were going for??

I do not remember the exact price offhand. I have always gotten Lattes in the cafes on the ships and I know it is cheaper then say Starbucks.

I know I have receipts still in my bag so I will take a look and post that info as soon as I attempt to unpack later today or tomorrow.

Also....there is a Coffee Card that you can purchase now. It was for 5 drinks and I think 11.50 or $12 plus gratuity. I know it was a bit of a savings for the large lattes that I drink.

I saved the info and will post the details. I made a note of this thread so I will put it here as well as in my review.

In addition to all that has been previously mentioned... we also take a small supply of ziplocs, and will grab some extra cookies, fruit, or whatever from the buffet area and put them in ziplocs for later munching.

All the things you mentioned are things that are not supposed to be taken off the ship. Many islands have large fines for bringing produce, meat etc into their countries.

The USA doesn't allow people to bring fruit etc. to this country (except when imported and screened etc.) because of things like the med fly etc. Other countries feel the same way.

Please don't be the Ugly American who feels the rules don't apply to you. Only sealed foods are allowed. So, bring the cereal boxes, but leave the fruit, cookies etc,. on the ship.

All the things you mentioned are things that are not supposed to be taken off the ship. Many islands have large fines for bringing produce, meat etc into their countries.

The USA doesn't allow people to bring fruit etc. to this country (except when imported and screened etc.) because of things like the med fly etc. Other countries feel the same way.

Please don't be the Ugly American who feels the rules don't apply to you. Only sealed foods are allowed. So, bring the cereal boxes, but leave the fruit, cookies etc,. on the ship.

Katie, I was simply answering the OP's original question about snacks, which made no mention of taking anything off the ship. In fact, we have never even thought of taking food off the ship. What I was trying to say is that we will sometimes grab a piece of fruit or two, or some cookies or whatever and put them in a ziploc for later quickie munching. That is all I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion!

For late night snacks, I recall the grill being opened usually after the last show got out. Forget the time, but always remember trying to beat the rush. We tended to get a plate of french fries every night, as we loved them hot and fresh! But we also totally overate on those trips! haha

The pizza place has salads and such also, and I believe its open 24/7?

Room service is great too!

Don't forget plastic baggies (sandwich bags)......we used them all the time when the kids were younger for going ashore. Pack a bagel or sandwich, muffins, or just whatever.

Archived